Leav'n Forum For A While....My Mom Is Sick.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jcl_24 wrote:
I'm so sorry you and your Mum are going through this :tears2:

Of course you must care for your mom and yourself. Know RO will always be here whether you want to post in 4 days or 6 months.

The will to live can count for a lot in Cancer patients. May you and your Momhave years where you spendlots of time together.

Your love will give her strength. May you too be given strength to cope with this.

:pray:

Love from
Jo xx

Thank you so much for the sweet/kind words. It means alot to me. Even though my mom doesn't know me right now(from all the meds)....I still tell her that I love her and for her to fight to get better. I will namethe grandkids to her andalso herkitty cat "Peaches". The doc's say she will get better(from the phenumonia(sp?), it's just a slow process and her being a smoker doesn't help. And her having cancer is making it harder too.

I prayme and my momhave many, many years together.... and the doc's are wrong. My mom is a strong, stubborn woman so I think she will fight for her life.

Thank you again.

Oh April...i'm so terribly sorry your mum just isn't doing well..i can imagine how hard this is on you.

Your deep in my thoughts and i'msending lots of prayers

cheryl wrote:
Oh April...i'm so terribly sorry your mum just isn't doing well..i can imagine how hard this is on you.

Your deep in my thoughts and i'msending lots of prayers

Thank you Cheryl, that means alot to me.

I updated on facebook that my mom has been off the ventilator for approx. more than a few days now. Woohoo. I'm so happy. She's out of ICU and she's in the Pulmunary section of the hospital. She's had 2 chemos so far. (4 have been ordered) They did a MRI of her hip and she does need surgery on her hip. Doc came in and told her she needed surgery but hasn't told her what their doing yet. She hurt her hip in the hospital I don't know why the nurse wasn't watching her!! It was a situation were the nurse should have been there with her!! **URG**

Thanks for everyone prayers!! Please keep praying :pray:

Thank you :hug:

prayers and good thoughts continuing here too - it's lovely to read she's making progress. take each day as it comes and remain positive.:hug:

Tomorrow my mom is going into a rehab/ nursing home to get the rehab she needs before she goes home. She is very weak from laying in a bed forall this time.She has been in the hospital a little over a month now.

She won the fight with phenomnia and she had surgery on both hips/ femers. (she had rods puts in. One hip was fractured the other wasn't) I'm not good with the technical terms. Lol. She is still receiving chemo for her cancer. I'm not sure how long that will last.

I'mjust very happy that my mom is getting better and hopefully soon she will be able to go home.

Thank you everyone for your prayers!! It has meant alot to me and my mom.

I hope your mom can come home soon, and continues to improve. I can't imagine my own mom being sick like that. I guess it just tells us to cherish every day you have together and hope for the best in every situation.

tonyshuman wrote:
I hope your mom can come home soon, and continues to improve. I can't imagine my own mom being sick like that. I guess it just tells us to cherish every day you have together and hope for the best in every situation.
Thank you...and you are so right. I will cherish every day I have with my mom. And spend as much time with her as I can.

((((April)))))
I came on RO to catch a quick peek and see how everyone was and then I saw this.
First let me say this- I am so very sorry your mother and you are going through this ordeal. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.
My grandmother has had 4 different types of cancer in her life and each time we were told to prepare for her passing. The last cancer was approx 16 years ago. My grandmother is 85 years old now and working on 86!
I believe with all my heart that alot of the fight has to be an inner strength from the person aflicted. Then there is the 'knowing' and 'feeling' the love of those around them. This same grandma has survived 2 strokes, a heart attack, and being on a ventilator/life support.
Try to be as positive as you can possibly be. I know this is extremely hard as I have been there too. I think this is equally as important as anything else for your own sake as well as your moms.
You still have my email addy and if you need anything- to talk, to vent, whatever- email me and I will get back with you asap.
I love you (((April))).

Thanks Janet :hug:.... I was surprised to see your post. It's nice to hear from you. Wow your grandmother went thru alot. That's awesome she's gonna be 86.

The past month and a half has been hard. I'm gladmy mom'sin rehab now. Thanks for the support. (((Love you too)))

Oh, I am glad to hear your mom is fighting... my prayers are with you - the power of prayer is strong... my stepdad is fighting pancreatic cancer that spread and as of today he is still fighting, six months into the diagnosis.

Your mom is in my thoughts, too, so she can continue to fight.

:pray::pray::pray:

Denise

Back