Quantcast

Lagomorph Lavishings

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Yurusumaji

Young Blood
Joined
Oct 27, 2009
Messages
464
Reaction score
5
Location
Denver, CO
So does anyone else buy their pets Christmas presents? No, sillies, it's not just crazy people who do it! ... Is it?

Michiko is getting an Oxbow Timothy Lounger.



If you have other pets then you can share what they're getting too!

Apollo & Kuma [dogs]: 24" braided rawhide [each]
Phoenix [bird]: Shower perch
Kami & Yasuo [sugar gliders]: Comf-E-Cube
Robo & Samson [hamsters]: Lazy Lookouts

Spoiled brats! What are you getting your buns for Christmas?
 

BlueCamasRabbitry

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
5,067
Reaction score
9
Location
Thurston County, Washington, USA
That lounger looks really neat!! I would love to get my bunnies something for christmas, but they're getting new cages,and later on new dishes and stuff - so they'll have to wait for thenew toysfor their birthdays/when we canafford it! lol. The cages are theirearly christmas present. ;)

When I had a dog, I would get her either a new collar and a rawhide, or just a rawhide. :D My cats don't play with toys much, so we don't really have any need to get them anything - although maybe I could see if we could get them some catnip. :p

Emily
 

Yurusumaji

Young Blood
Joined
Oct 27, 2009
Messages
464
Reaction score
5
Location
Denver, CO
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
That lounger looks really neat!! I would love to get my bunnies something for christmas, but they're getting new cages,and later on new dishes and stuff - so they'll have to wait for thenew toysfor their birthdays/when we canafford it! lol. The cages are theirearly christmas present. ;)

When I had a dog, I would get her either a new collar and a rawhide, or just a rawhide. :D My cats don't play with toys much, so we don't really have any need to get them anything - although maybe I could see if we could get them some catnip. :p

Emily
Just because they get it a little early doesn't mean it's not a Christmas present! :bunnydance:
 

BlueCamasRabbitry

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
5,067
Reaction score
9
Location
Thurston County, Washington, USA
Yurusumaji wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
That lounger looks really neat!! I would love to get my bunnies something for christmas, but they're getting new cages,and later on new dishes and stuff - so they'll have to wait for thenew toysfor their birthdays/when we canafford it! lol. The cages are theirearly christmas present. ;)

When I had a dog, I would get her either a new collar and a rawhide, or just a rawhide. :D My cats don't play with toys much, so we don't really have any need to get them anything - although maybe I could see if we could get them some catnip. :p

Emily
Just because they get it a little early doesn't mean it's not a Christmas present! :bunnydance:
Oh yes, lol. I know. I said that the cages would count for early christmas presents! lol.

Emily

 

mardigraskisses

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
515
Reaction score
0
Location
, Tennessee, USA
Whenever people ask me what I want for my birthday/holidays I always rattle off a list of random rabbit things. :embarrassed:
 

Yurusumaji

Young Blood
Joined
Oct 27, 2009
Messages
464
Reaction score
5
Location
Denver, CO
mardigraskisses wrote:
Whenever people ask me what I want for my birthday/holidays I always rattle off a list of random rabbit things. :embarrassed:
Aww! Last year for Christmas our new puppy needed emergency vet treatment so we just asked everyone to send checks. LOL.

You're such a doting mommy! :highfive:
 

@licia

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Location
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
My bunny got a new permanent home with me for the holidays. :) She is always being spoiled rotten so I am sure she will end up with an overload of extra goodies. :pinkbouce:
 

irishbunny

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2008
Messages
5,360
Reaction score
10
Location
Clare, , Ireland
Probably nothing, maybe a bag of treats if they are lucky. I don't even have money to buy my family presents...
 

kahlin

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2007
Messages
390
Reaction score
1
Location
, Ontario, Canada
If they are bonded I will order a bunny cottage for after the holidays. Either way they will get a couple of grass mats and probably some treats.

I will be doing up/getting something for our bunny-sitter's bunnies as well.
 

Myia09

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
2,210
Reaction score
1
Location
Tempe, Arizona, USA
I get christmas and birthday presents to all my animals! :)
All my animals get stockings too.
As for my rabbits they will be getting some nice apple treats and soft plush toys in the stockings, and presents go as following:
Chewbacca - A cat bed because I found out she loves sitting/sleeping in them
Pinball- A bunch of those cardboard tubes, he loves the chew/hide in them
Simba-A custom blanket that is Lion King themed (She likes to bury herself under blankets)

My Chinchillas get apple wood sticks in their stockings and as for a present I wrap a whole bunch of chew toys (They are the ultimate chewers) in a chinchilla friendly box they destory. Its quite fun.

My parakeets get a stocking of organic nuts and dried fruit, and I got them some new perches.

I breed Leopard geckos, and for all of them (10 in total) holidays they get a fattening feast of Dubi Roaches and Wax Worms.

Both of my hamsters passed away this year, one was a 5 year old Dwarf hamster and the other a 2 1/2 year old Syrian. It will be very sad to be missing thier stockings. :(

And I got a new rabbit as a christmas present actually from my mother, I don't know what type but I told it was Blue Tort and a boy. Can't wait! :)
 

Runestonez

Retired Moderator
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
1,460
Reaction score
13
Location
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Our bunns get stuffed pinecones in their stockings...we stuff them with craisins, currants and raisins.

They get all brand new chew toys, hanging ones and plain old toss ones. We also try to find seagrass chew mats and I bake up a special batch of bunny Kookies for all the kids! We basically let them have a pigout day! They Love it!

Everyone gets a special big heaping of craisins and oat groats for breakfast Christmas day.

And if there is snow in time for Christmas we bring a big container inside and set the bunns loose on it! It's great fun for everyone! :biggrin2:

Danielle
 

katt

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
1,866
Reaction score
2
Location
, Michigan, USA
well, I think my buns are both getting new cages, bigger cages. althought i don't think they will both get them at the same time and on christmas, but that is what they are getting.

plus a great salad and a few extra treats!
 

SablePoint

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Location
Richmond, Virginia, USA
So far, the only thing I got for Mr. Bun Bun is a mobile toy. I'm short on christmas money this year, but he gets 3 more things. All pets on my side get 4 presents each.


But I and Koga got an early present this year. I just got it today.



It's a head stone for pets that I got personalised for Koga's grave. They didn't have a rabbit theme so I got the generic pet head stone with a rabbit figurine on it.
 

irishbunny

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2008
Messages
5,360
Reaction score
10
Location
Clare, , Ireland
Runestonez wrote:
Our bunns get stuffed pinecones in their stockings...we stuff them with craisins, currants and raisins.
Hmmm, I have tons of trees that I could pick pine cones off in my garden, good idea!
 

kirsterz09

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
3
Location
Derby, , United Kingdom
well eclipse got a brand new 3 tiered hutch to herself, she had nearly eaten her way out of the old one lol! The others will prob have some nice treats and maybe some new toys, though I am trying to save for a new 8ft run, so that might be a belated prezzie lol!
 
Top