Lacey's new life

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarvesterofPearls

Reaction score
When I was much younger I had an outdoor bunny named Kitty (who we had thought was a english spot)
maggandkitty009.jpg

He found a new home though when my family moved to FL for missions work and I had missed him since then.
I ended up adopting a bearded dragon hoping to fill the bunny sized hole but it took a while to realize that bunnies are very different. (I love my dibl still of course)
Anyways recently I have decided to start looking for a critter to train for therapy and of course bunnies were on my list. We planned to adopt from a local rescue then my mom saw an ad for a bunny looking for a new home at my parent's work.
I renamed her Lacey when I brought her home. :)
Photo309_zpsdbda405d.jpg

Photo311_zps42ce6cc7.jpg

We have no idea of her breed but she is a big big girl O.O
Photo312_zpsff079953.jpg

Her cage, I let her run around my room once a day for an hour or two as well but this is for while I'm out. (pics taken with a crappy cellphone please forgive quality)

Funny story from today:
Calling down for my sister to get my cell so I could get pics. Lacey apparently did not like my voice and jumped back giving a loud stomp with her feet. hehe

Last night and this morning I decided to take a step in bonding and lied down in Lacey's area so she could smell me when she was comfortable. She has been letting me brush and pet her lately so I figured she would be curious.
She really is starting to settle in. :happybunny:

Thank you for the comments! :)
I figure I can gets pics whenever big developments strike but at the moment she has been letting me pet her to sleep. (she loves the inside of her ears rubbed)
Personally today is a low one as last night was the first time in a little while that I had a panic attack and emotionally messed up today... watching Doctor Who to pass time but will be cuddling with the girl soon.

Last night after coming home from a night of gaming and a stop at petsmart (to get a toy without a bell in it...) I saw the strangest thing.. Lacey shot right up and ran towards me! She was binkying in her pen and standing up to get pet. She never has greeted me before. :inlove:
Later that night though she kept digging in her bedding and tossing it in the air, what a nut

Stole mommy's computer, I can't believe she locked me in the cage while she was out! There is no way she will get away without at least one disaprooving bunny bum. :nonono: To express myself I gave dumped my litter all over the cage, she will never lock me up again if this works out right.
I demand more cuddles to make up for this.
:disgust:

Ugh, mommies can be mean like that. Its is good dat you dumped your litter, hopefully dat will give your mommy a sign to not ever do it again. I is shocked. :nope:

`~Ash

Gonna clean her stinky litter tomorrow, ugh at least this is the third day she has not marked her area for four days and goes in the litter. :)
I left her to run in her pen today during church and when I was meeting some new horses in my neighborhood that I was allowed to groom.
She got a big plate of veggies tonight as well so I think she's happy now.

Clean cage today. :) She was all over me investigating as the bedding looks different than her old stuff. She let me pick her up as well but stomped at me when I put her down. hehe :headflick:

She sounds like a sweetie! Ellie thumps at me when I pick her up and she thumps at my husband to BE picked up. She's an odd one.
Its sounds like she's adjusting well though!

Question; hanging out with my lil girl and touching her toys, she pounced at my hand and tapped it with her front paws. Is she being possessive? Or is this just playing?

Haha. She was boxing you! Ellie boxes me all the time, when I put my hand in her pen to give her food or a new toy, she will smack my hands with her front feets.
Is she spayed? If not, then I would assume that she was mad you were touching her toy and she boxed your hand to tell you no. Or she could have been playing, I've never seen rabbits play like that. I don't think that they bat at things like cats do. But I could be wrong. Ellie only picks stuff up with her mouth and throws it, she doesn't swat or bat at anything other than my hand.

She's not spayed (at the moment.. shh.. I plan to get that done with school refund) that could be it though hmm. Thank you :)

Big sister home for vacation and she met Lacey for the first time, :) They like each other :) In other news, Lacey has been binkying all morning for no known reason.

Back