Labor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msrxygrl

Reaction score
she pulled fur from her belly and shes actingcrazy...shes going wild then all calm he stomach is harder and shesheavier (probly from milk) but itz only been 21 days and we arepositive shes pregnant cuz we can feel tiny heat beats but ...no clueif itz ***ing soon...sumtimes shell even lay on her stomach and andpant...plz help

thanks not like heart beat heart beats i cantreally explain it itz weird and ya it was planned u can feellikegrape sized lumps maybe since itz my firt litter imthinking im feeling them when really itz just her

If you "planned" for a pregnancy and the doe andthe Buck mated then chances are shes pregnant. Please read that linkbecause it will help you know what will happen before it does.

First litters can be very difficult and stressful to the doe. How old is she?

Do you have homes planned for these babies?

Make sure you take pictures.

Good luck

Vickie

we have an add that they sed they would placeonce we called for it in the newspaper and we have 5 people thatdeffinately want one i no shes prenant but how do i no WHEN she'll hvethem or is that what the link will tell me

msrxygrl wrote:
we have an add that they sed they would place once we calledfor it in the newspaper and we have 5 people that deffinately want onei no shes prenant but how do i no WHEN she'll hve them or is that whatthe link will tell me
You bred her without knowing how long it would take?Well...don't forget to put in the nestbox on day 28-30 so she has aplace to have her babies...although my does frequently reject thenestbox and like to make their own nests. I think it isbecause I put fabric around their cages to make it dark and they wantto pull the fabric in and use it.

Since Hyacinth is due today and refusing her nestbox (continuallyturning it over) - I gave her a piece of fabric along with all of herhay and she's content to have that - she keeps moving it around, etc.to get it the way she likes.

However- that really isn't recommended - nestboxes are better.

no i dont no if shes having them sooni no the numbers 26 dyas sumtimes 30 34 mostly for fist litters but iwanted to no the characteristics and personality changes so i no if itzcoming and i already have a nestbox

msrxygrl wrote:
no i dont no if shes having them soon i no thenumbers 26 dyas sumtimes 30 34 mostly for fist litters but i wanted tono the characteristics and personality changes so i no if itz comingand i already have a nestbox
The biggest signsarewhat you have already said atthe beginning, nest building and being quite moody and going mad whenyou go near her territory.

Vickie

msrxygrl wrote:
no i dont no if shes having them soon i no thenumbers 26 dyas sumtimes 30 34 mostly for fist litters but i wanted tono the characteristics and personality changes so i no if itz comingand i already have a nestbox

I don't know about day 26...sorry.

Basically - watch for her to pull fur, carry around hay and make anest. Some does will do this a week or so early - others willwait until the last minute.

I'm also finding that a watched doe never kindles till you leave the room! :shock:

Peg

"thanks not like heart beat heart beatsi cant really explain it itz weird and ya it was planned u can feellikegrape sized lumps maybe since itz my firt litter imthinking im feeling them when really itz just her"

******The kidneys are protected by the ribcage and located up under thespine - you have to palpate from underneath the rabbit to reach up andfeel the kidneys (which are often surrounded by fat). Instages of advanced pregnancy, the kits may be felt as hard lumps on theabdomen.

If she was exposed to the buck 2 weeks ago (14 days), you would only beable to feel the kits by carefully palpating the abdomen.At 14 days, the kits are the approx. size and consistancy of agrape (the kits are surrounded in amniotic fluid).

That was from a TexasTater post. It just seems odd.......

TinysMom wrote:
I'm also finding that a watched doe never kindles till you leave the room! :shock:

Peg
Yes that is so true Peg. With Daisy we waited and waited and Carolynwas like "I have a feeling it will be today when she has them." Thenthe 5 minsI popped out to the shop she had them. SO Typical.

Vickie

Shuu wrote:
I can't help thinking that people who don't use periods are trolls. :?

and I keep thinking its people who don't spell - like using "no" for"know" and stuff like that. I know my kids do that thoughwhen they're online - so I try to think I must be wrong...

Maybe its my middle age showing?

Peg

DaisyNBuster wrote:
TinysMom wrote:

Peg
Yes that is so true Peg. With Daisy we waited and waited and Carolynwas like "I have a feeling it will be today when she has them." Thenthe 5 minsI popped out to the shop she had them. SO Typical.

Vickie
I also find that does get pregnant... stay pregnant... and kindles.. when I leave the room LOL

Shuu wrote:
I can't help thinking that people who don't use periods are trolls. :?

Sometimes I feel like they are checking up on the knowledge and ifsomeone gives too much knowledge.. they are the ones hit next... just athought!

Susan

Periods and grammaraside. Please makesure that you keep that link to hand. Your doesmay go througha difficult and stressfultime and may need your help. Do thereasearch now rather than later. Put it in yourfavourites soyou can access it quickly.

Vickie

*edit* hmmm half my post just went into cyber space.

Latest posts

Back