Labor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read this with an open mind.

Msrxygrl, You write in shorthand, with little punctuation, andmispellings. It was hard for me to understand what it was you wereasking. I have found you to be very rude and ungrateful.

Everyone here has been trying to help you and you are beingvery rude. If you want help try using the Spell Check, use puncuationand ask specific questions.

Everyone here wants to help and learn from each other. That'swhy I joined and why you joined. So instead of dismissing theinformation you have been given, keep it for future reference.

Tina

DaisyNBuster wrote:
:hug:for you too Peg.

Vickie

Thanks. I'm rather on edge today. You know how Isaid a watched doe never kindles? Well...Hyacinth is duetoday and I've been watching her for 3 days hoping she'd kindle early.

Her past breeder said she lost her first litter when she wentoverdue...her 2nd litter had 5 and her 3rd litter had either 4 or 6 -he couldn't remember. She's a bit overweight (I thought shehad larger bone structure like Harry)...so that extra weight couldcause her some problems from what I've read.

Anyway - every time I peek at her (particularly if she's cleaningherself or playing with her cloth) she looks at me as if to say, "Goaway woman....I'll let you know when I have those babies!"

Peg

naturestee wrote:
Shuu wrote:
I can't helpthinking that people who don't use periods are trolls. :?

Okay, people. Lets keep this civil. If you thinksomeone is a troll, PM Carolyn. Don't just throw it outthere. It's her job to make these decisions and not ours.

James is getting really sick of all this troll hunting and jumping the gun. He says he won't be online for awhile.

James wants me to write this: This site is about education, not alienation.
Often times when people don't use proper words or puncuation it seemslike they're trying to sound vague or ridiculous. I never meant to saythis person was a troll, I just get that impression when the writer isdifficult to understand.

TinysMom wrote:
DaisyNBuster wrote:

Vickie

Thanks. I'm rather on edge today. You know how Isaid a watched doe never kindles? Well...Hyacinth is duetoday and I've been watching her for 3 days hoping she'd kindle early.

Her past breeder said she lost her first litter when she wentoverdue...her 2nd litter had 5 and her 3rd litter had either 4 or 6 -he couldn't remember. She's a bit overweight (I thought shehad larger bone structure like Harry)...so that extra weight couldcause her some problems from what I've read.

Anyway - every time I peek at her (particularly if she's cleaningherself or playing with her cloth) she looks at me as if to say, "Goaway woman....I'll let you know when I have those babies!"

Peg
Hehe that cheeky bun, I bet she is kidding you on purpose to say "Lookat me playing with my cloth, I can see you spying so I'm gonna pretendI'mgoing to kindle when really I'm going to wait until youhave a potty break".

I'll be awaiting updates.

-----------------------------------------------------

Note to Shuu - I think if this is a troll or if there are any trollsout there. They are loving the fact that its causing a rift betweenfriends. It's water off a ducks back. No worries my friend.

Vickie

Vickie

TinysMom wrote:
DaisyNBuster wrote:

Vickie

Peg
AW! Peg, you are such a great baby wabbits mamma ;) SO sweet you are.

Kricket wrote:
AW! Peg, you are such a great baby wabbits mamma ;) SO sweet you are.

Thanks - I needed that today. I started crying about how I'mlousy with the rabbits and I can't give them as much time as Iwant...etc. etc.

As my husband likes to put it, I'm "hormonally challenged" right now....so I feel like everything is horrible.

However - Eric & I worked on designing the new bunny room (tobe moved to the garage hopefully this fall) - I'm going to have does onone side and bucks on the other (one end of the does' area will be forthe nursery). Plus - I'm going to haveSIX play areas that are something like 4' X 6' so all the bunnies canget daily playtime (I hope).

Plus - we're turning the current bunny room into a "display" room whereI'll have a few extra cages and a play area - so when people make anappt. to come see a bunny - I can have out some choices for them tolook at without them having to go out in the garage (unless I don'tmind them going there).

Anyway - between now and September 2nd - I have 7 does that willhopefully have litters. I guess between that and my hormones- I just sort of "lost it" for a bit today.

And I've rambled far to long on a thread that has nothing to do with my rabbits! Sorry.....

Peg

That is so exciting Peg. I'm kindajealous! :p heeeheee. Sounds like youhave everything worked out. I bet you have some of thehappiest buns in the world! How many do you have right now?

Kricket wrote:
That is so exciting Peg. I'm kindajealous! :p heeeheee. Sounds like youhave everything worked out. I bet you have some of thehappiest buns in the world! How many do you have rightnow?

If you count the lionheads in the rabbitry, Tiny & our other pet rabbits....we have 46 rabbits total.

My rabbitry will have 48 holes in the garage....the current setup inthe rabbit room will hold 32 cages - possibly 35 if I move the foodcontainers out.

Right now the hardest thing I'm facing - is deciding who to keep andwho to rehome. It doesn't help that I'm not only trying tolook at this as a breeder and decide which lionheads have the bestlines....but I also have to deal with my family!

For instance - today my son (21 years old) started almost pleading withme to keep TWO black bucks. He'd prefer that I also keep theblack doe.

That might not sound like much - but I have FOUR black does already -and all of them came from "dilute carrier" moms - which means I couldget blues from them. So I need another blackdoe....right? Especially since she is from the same mom astwo of the black does (and her mom is the third black doe)??

And the two black bucks...one is adorable - almost looks like a littlescotty dog...and we've nicknamed him "Scotty". The other onewe had called Dora because we thought she was a girl (I need todouble-check her/him/it). Dora has a very funny personality -Eric wants me to change her/his name to "Scrat" from Ice Age.

So....do I keep both bucks even though I really don't need two of them? ARG!

Peg

Edited to add: Of the 46 - 16 are babies from four litters.

WOW! You have quite a herd.I'd proably beg for the black buns too ;) Do you have a photothread? I'd love to see your family :p

Kricket wrote:
WOW! You have quite a herd. I'd proablybeg for the black buns too ;) Do you have a photothread? I'd love to see your family :p

El Rey Lionheads: baby and adult pics - Ithink it is still on page one of the forum...I updated it earlier today

Peg

What a loser!

Members,

Some of you have been around this board and others for quite some time. Those that haven't, trust our more 'seasoned' members.

Trust your instincts, Folks. You're right on.

If it looks like a :duck:
Walks like a :duck:
Quacks like a :duck:
Chances are: It's a :duck:

Those that wish to continue your conversation with TinysMom, please doso her one of her home threads. I'm locking this one as there's nothingleft to see or do here.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back