King Kirby's Rabbit Nation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL~ I remember Ghetto land! I lived in Bensonhurst for one summer and one night fell asleep on the subway (not smart) and ended up alone in the carin the Coney Island stop. Needless to say I never fell asleep on a subway again! It's been over 20 years since I've been out there. I see the Cyclone is still there and hasn't fallen apart yet.

i know what you mean about 'bunny funk' :p while the weather is warm i'm trying to keep my windows open constantly to let the place air out...even bought a few charcoal air fresheners to try and help that along. during the winter my house definitely had a distinct, ah, 'bunny butt aroma' to it.

i've only been to new york twice, both to accompany my mother on business trips, and so i've only seen manhattan and a small part of long island where a friend lived. even though i ADORE tokyo, i really didn't like manhattan ! i can't really explain why though, they are both pretty similar busy cities...i guess i just never feel unsafe in tokyo, no matter where i go. some of the parts of san francisco and oakland that i used to routinely get lost in when i had to drive new places i cannot say the same about...

myheart wrote:
hln917 wrote:
TobysDaddy wrote:
Hi there.
Is that hubby joining us now? :?

That's what I was going to inquire....

Hullo.... you still out there TobysDaddy...? Tell us who you are, or are you going to leave it as a one-post mystery? :coolness:

Inquiring minds want to know.

JadeIcing wrote:
myheart wrote:
hln917 wrote:
TobysDaddy wrote:
Hi there.
Is that hubby joining us now?  :?

That's what I was going to inquire....

Hullo.... you still out there TobysDaddy...? Tell us who you are, or are you going to leave it as a one-post mystery?  :coolness:

Inquiring minds want to know.
:blushan: Yeah, that's hubby. Toby's dad, ya know? :upsidedown:

Will he be blogging more, or is he just going to stop in and say 'hi' once in a while? We might need a man's perspective on life with a 'crazy bunny lady'. ;)Or would this be a perspective on life as a 'crazy bunny daddy'?

hln917 wrote:
LOL~ I remember Ghetto land!  I lived in Bensonhurst for one summer and one night fell asleep on the subway (not smart)  and ended up alone in the car in the Coney Island stop.  Needless to say I never fell asleep on a subway again!  It's been over 20 years since I've been out there.  I see the Cyclone is still there and hasn't fallen apart yet.
I used to live in Bensonhurst too! For 13 years!

The Cyclone is not only still standing, it's still in operation! Rickety rackety and scaring the daylights out of teenagers in Brooklyn. :biggrin2:

usawan wrote:
i know what you mean about 'bunny funk' :p while the weather is warm i'm trying to keep my windows open constantly to let the place air out...even bought a few charcoal air fresheners to try and help that along. during the winter my house definitely had a distinct, ah, 'bunny butt aroma' to it.

i've only been to new york twice, both to accompany my mother on business trips, and so i've only seen manhattan and a small part of long island where a friend lived. even though i ADORE tokyo, i really didn't like manhattan ! i can't really explain why though, they are both pretty similar busy cities...i guess i just never feel unsafe in tokyo, no matter where i go. some of the parts of san francisco and oakland that i used to routinely get lost in when i had to drive new places i cannot say the same about...

Hmmm activated charcoal. Maybe I should get some of that at the Japanese supermarket that we sometimes hit up for our Japanese food fix. It's all the way in Edgewater, NJ though, so it's like a day trip for us :p

No, I totally get what you're saying. NYC has that griminess that makes you feel uneasy sometimes. There are certain citizens of this city that scare tourists, and frankly they're such weirdos they creep me out sometimes. NYC isn't what it was in the 80s though. It's much more friendly and safe these days.

When I'm in Tokyo, it doesn't matter where I am, what time of day, I always felt safe. Even the streets that looked pretty sleazy, I more or less knew it was low-risk. It's just a cool city like that I guess.

I was out in Long Island today and I had to pick up a few things to bake a cheesecake, so I went to a local supermarket. I was stunned by how spacious it was and how friendly the staff was. It's not like we don't have that chain of supermarket in the city, but the people who work there just altogether suck. They drag their feet, they are rude or nonresponsive at best. Just 20 miles out and the people are nice and pleasant. *Sigh* -- NYC... you're a special place.

July 10, 2010 - The bakery is open

Noms for humans: Tomorrow I'm going to a baby shower that some bunny folk are throwing for a bunny veteran. I am excited because I will get to meet more buns! Last minute prep required me to whip up some baked favorites that require little time and effort: my cheesecake and my magic bars. The cheesecake is perfect, I'll be serving it plain while my magic bars are aiming for the gut! Graham cracker crumbs topped with coconut flakes, peanut butter chips, walnut and almond all drizzled in condensed milk and baked to golden brown deliciousness. Mmmm. Its hard to resist eating some before the party. I told Toby he could party tonight but no serving my goodies ;)

Toys for bunbuns: I bought Toby a set of plastic baby chewie keys while I was shopping for the expecting mom. He hasn't discovered them but I wonder if he'll like them. They're hidden in his mini basket :)

Since the buns demolished the 2nd fl of the cottontail cottage, I took it out and replaced it with the 3rd floor's cardboard. The buns seemed puzzled by the sunroof now on the 2nd floor but I'm sure it doesn't make it less appealing to munch. I feel silly about this but I'm proud of this "recycling" of the cottontail cottage. I was totally going to order another one online soon because the gaping hole on the 2nd fl was becoming a bunny death trap, but by doing this I've extended the life of the cottage by probably double! :) 

Allergy woes: I wish my allergist would get all my allergy tests over with in one shot. This is my 3rd round of testing. For each round I have to be off antihistamines for 5 days. It's day 2 now and the affects are becoming annoying. My skin is breaking out in little hives for almost no reason at all. I'm not yet sneezing or stuffy or runny but I think by Wednesday I may be pretty miserable. The itchiness is what's getting me. I kiss all my buns goodnight and I do shower Kirby with kisses whenever he lets me. My bottom lip is now swollen, I slapped some hydrocortisone on it. Hope it doesn't get worse. Tomorrow I'll still be kissing those buns :) I've been teaching Toby each night how to like being kissed by me. He usually fights me and/or runs away. Lately we've been doing little repetitive exercises so he knows when I am leaning in for a smooch. It works really well because now when I say "kiss goodnight" he sits still for me to kiss him, about half the time or more. It's not an impressive trick or anything but it's important to me that I kiss him and that he knows it's harmless. Anyway during training I gotta kiss him lots, drugs or no drugs. :p

:dutch

July 12, 2010 - What a weekend

Must've been quite a weekend. RO has been pretty quiet this weekend. I'm glad everyone's out doing stuff for summer! Weather has been fantastically hot and summery.

Bunny Baby Shower: I had a ton of fun at the baby shower. It's the coolest shower ever -- have you ever been to a baby shower where 2 buns were hopping around your feet asking for pets and 2 buns would observe you in the bathroom? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: No, I didn't think so! It was awesome. The buns were just wonderful, and the honoree mama-to-be got a ton of bunny baby stuff! Leave it to a bunch of bunny ladies to find every bunny baby product!

Penny's Doctor Appt: Penny was ok yesterday, peed again today and then pooped on the pee... so not the way I wanted to start the day. I finally made an appointment with Dr. Stanzione for Penny. I decided to take the leap out there in White Plains. I'm going to have to take Kirby too, and I'm probably gonna go crazy in the car worrying about them while driving like an old lady. I honestly am leaning towards her peeing being more of a behavioral problem than a physical issue. But sometimes I do think there's something there, there's so much calcium in her urine. She still teeters around instead of hopping sometimes, like a normal rabbit. It's almost funny to watch her walk sometimes. She walks like a bipedal human, but only sometimes! Scheduled for next Thurs. He's out this week. There is another vet out in New Hyde Park but she's out this week too -- weird, huh? I hope no bunnies get sick this week!

iPhone Woes: I am finally kicking it to the curb. I'm cutting my losses and paying the contract termination fee -- my husband had had it. He can't call me, I can't get any phone calls and I can't get a conversation without dropping the call. So we stepped into a Verizon Wireless store and hooked up a Blackberry. I'm having issues with it -- one major one is that I cannot see KirbyKam with the Blackberry app. I hear that Android has a good app for IP webcams so I'm intrigued. The browser on the BB is slow and limited -- the Android one is pretty impressive. I think I may dump the Blackberry before 30 days is up and get a Droid X... It's a huge phone, but... that's just how I roll. :p Releases on Thursday!

:dutch

Toby just cracks me up... who sits like that?? :biggrin2:

Looks like the cutest frog on earth.

DSC_1665.jpg

DSC_1667.jpg

Too cute! :hearts: I love little bunneh 'tocks! Especially when you can actually see the bunneh's legs (totally different from "le bunneh butt"). lol

kirbyultra wrote:
iPhone Woes: I am finally kicking it to the curb. I'm cutting my losses and paying the contract termination fee -- my husband had had it. He can't call me, I can't get any phone calls and I can't get a conversation without dropping the call. So we stepped into a Verizon Wireless store and hooked up a Blackberry. I'm having issues with it -- one major one is that I cannot see KirbyKam with the Blackberry app. I hear that Android has a good app for IP webcams so I'm intrigued. The browser on the BB is slow and limited -- the Android one is pretty impressive. I think I may dump the Blackberry before 30 days is up and get a Droid X... It's a huge phone, but... that's just how I roll. :p Releases on Thursday!
hi! im just getting used to finding my way around RO. anyway, i stumbled on your blog (i talked to you before about bonding 2 boys a while back) glad to see that you got penny and kirby together (obviously im a little late haha looks like its been a while c: !). idk what kind of setup you have for your bunny cams, but i was going to try tofigure out some set up myselfby usinghttp://www.seedonk.com (which is free to use you just have to make an account).my boyfriend gota droid a month or two ago not sure which one but i know that that seemed to work on his phone. maybe it'll work on your blackberry if you decide to keep it.

Toby's so cute. My Zeus use to lay like that ALL the time.

Android phones are great. Chris loves his, and I'm for sure going to be getting one for my next phone too.

Baci's appointment with Dr. Stanzione isnext Friday! I'm sure you'll do fine with both Kirby and Penny during the ride up. Hope it is just a behavioral problem with her. Do you think it can be the litter? We're about to switch ours once again. We noticed they all pee in the litter but poop outside the box. Hubby seem to think it's the smell once it's wet that the buns are not keen to. Sowe're going back to just Cozy Comfort and see how that goes.

Welcome to Verizon! I was about to get the HTC Incredible but wanted to wait to see the Droid X.

Latest posts

Back