King Kirby's Rabbit Nation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally thought those pictures were of Toby at first! Wow! How cute! Maybe having Milo around for a little bit will make Toby appreciate Kirby more. :p (My bunnies make a grunt/squeak after their thumps when they're miffed, so it's a "normal" thing around here).

Wow! He does look like Toby. How is Kirby taking to him? Perhaps Toby will now align forces with Kirby vs. that new houseguest!

Its to bad you only get to keep him till tomorrow.

Congrats on the raise, I am glad someone is getting them. No one in my company except management has had one in 4 years.

Will you foster any more?

Thanks. It's not a raise I am reallyexcited about but at least I get the pay bump for the first couple months of the year. I have decided to leave the company (but they don't know yet). I am not honestly sure what I am going to do after, and frankly I will leave soon no matter what.As some of you may know, I have had pretty bad problems with my health and I guess "mental" health too,from lack of sleep and endless anxiety from my work. With some help the last couple of months, I have come to terms with it and have decided that I need to get rid of the job. I have to learn to take care of me first. All the money in the world won't make me happy, and that's no way to live at age 26. I am lucky that I am young, have no kids (that aren't furry), and have saved up early in life from this power-job the last 6.5 years. I can live ok with my buns and my mortgage for a long while before I really have to worry. My husband got promoted,a major pay bump and a bonus this year to boot. We are very lucky to be doing well at this point in time.

As for fosters, I'm not too sure, Dave. I'm really new at this, and I'm really new to the rescue too. Milo's situation was kind of a special one, and we really clicked so I was happy to take him in, so was my husband. I had to convince him bigtime and he finally caved. I literally lost my entire kitchen because that's where Milo isset up :biggrin2:I honestly don't know where I'd put a 3rd bun in my little apartment if it were a long term foster agreement.

The other issue is that Toby is really freaked out and stressed out from having another bun in the house. Of course, it doesn't help that Milo is still all hormonal and throwing out all kinds of male smells. A lil part of me says, "hah, about time Toby felt threatened for a change!" while the rest of me is really sad that Toby is so upset.

Also, I tend to get attached... very, very quickly. Fostering may prove to be the fastest way to rack up a herd! :shock:

Milo gave me a few kisses today after lots of petting and coaxing. He's such a tease.

More pictures of my short stay bun, Milo.
P1050582-1.jpg

Milo has expensive taste. He prefers sparkling water in his bowl. Just kidding!
P1050573.jpg

The saddest part of Milo is definitely his bum and his paws. The bottoms of his feet are black as soot. His bum and legs are stained a dark yellow, a little but matted but not too bad so we're going to let time sort it out. :(
P1050606.jpg

P1050591.jpg

:dutch

January 29, 2010 - Game time!

TOBY OR MILO? Guess!

P1050057.jpg

Toby or Milo?
P1050594.jpg

Toby or Milo??
P1040942.jpg

Toby or Milo?
P1050578.jpg

Finally...

Toby or Milo???
P1050570.jpg

:rofl:

Sheesh, can't fool RO members!
1 - Toby
2 - Milo
3 - Toby
4 - Milo
5 - Milo

Milo holds a special place in my heart... I got my first bunny kiss from him, he was my first foster (super short) bun, and the first bun whose yawn I caught on camera. And I only knew him for a week.

Milo got adopted today. Yeah, he got stolen up by a nice lady super quickly. He is a wonderful bunny and would make any human with an open heart very happy. I can't believe it... When I brought him to Petco this morning somehow I knew in my heart I wouldn't see his little head again. I hugged him just a bit harder than I probably should have for a rabbit. :(

I hope he is given the life he so deserves.

Milo, you'll always be mine in my heart.

:dutch

Thanks, April. It is my pleasure, really. I never thought I would have the spare time in my already-busy life for doing stuff like this, but now that I've started, I couldn't be happier. It's amazing how a person can reprioritize and "create" time for things that she really enjoys! :)

So, with Milo out of my apartment, Toby is immediately in better spirits this evening. He came out and eyed my kitchen intently for some time, making sure the bun was gone. Then he started to do bunny 500s and binky like he's never bink'ed before. What a crazy little bun!

Ileft the citytoday to visit family, and also celebrate one of my niece's 4th birthday. I also announced to my family my intention to leave my job. I was prepared to defend me decision because I anticipated some folks would take the position that one should keep one's well-paying job in today's economic climate. But for the first time in my life, everyone was in support of my decision.

I was really shocked, and delighted that everyone understood. After all, I've been groaning about my workplace for over a year already about the worsening conditions of my work, the demands made on my life and the deterioration of my mental ability to handle stress and pressure of the job. Even my mom, who's always been about "work hard, earn money", seemed to accept this and was supportive.

I hope to be a free bird by March...

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Thats great everyone was supportive. Every now and thenpeoplewillsurprise you!
Yeah it's really weird. I was almost certain my mom would flip out. She didn't. She listened, she understood.

She recently went through the same thing - she had finally had it with her workplace and quit in December. I guess it changes your perspective when you've been through it.

January 31, 2010 - Allergy Med Woes

So, after I got tested positive for allergy to buns, my doctor tried to talk me out of keeping them briefly (to which I replied, I might as well cut off my right arm, that'll be less painful.) She prescribed me some Clarinex and Patanase. I was taking Zyrtec and Claritin - they both seemed to help a little. It was better than nothing but some days it was as if it didn't even matter. The congestion and post-nasal drip was so bad sometimes that I literally became useless to the world, doubled over in pain with my face in my hands. My ENT says Clarinex is better than Claritin, and Patanase is milder than Nasonex and Astepro. Nasonex and Astepro were expensive (Very!) and they made my nose bleed after using them both for about a week. I stopped using them both and it was a huge waste of money.

I filled my prescription for Clarinex and Patanase today - came out to a whopping $65!!!!! Ouch - and that's just enough for 30 days. Ugh, that's over $2 a day just to breathe. Sheesh, the bun expenses keep adding up! :p

I've been taking Clarinex since last Wednesday and I think it is better than Zyrtec and Claritin, but it still was kind of tough to breathe. No more extreme sinus congestion headaches. The $40 Patanase is some kind of miracle drug so far. I used the spray about 15 minutes ago and suddenly I am all clear. :shock:A little too clear suddenly, actually. Now I feel dryness in the back of my throat. Feels kind of odd when I breathe. But it doesn't taste awful like Astepro does at least.

Does anyone else take these drugs for their allergies?

Back