Keiran not using litterbox

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxMontanaxX

Reaction score
Well, we are at my grandmas house and Keiran is pooing everywhere when I let him out! He never does it in my house when I sneak him in. Will it stop or anyway I can get him to stop? He's neutered and litterbox trained. Macey may be doing it too but I think it's only Keiran.

I think it must be that he is not used to your Grandmothers house.. Baxter! would poo in my office the first few days he was there - but now uses his litterbox without fail not that he feels safe.. Just try to keep a routine, and I think he will not have a problem, or at the worst case scenario, keep his area to a small place that you can clean up.. Its alot to ask a bun to change enviroments.. He might do the same thing when he gets home, so don't be surprised.. Glad you tookhim to the GP house thats, very nice!

Montana, I think he's marking! Bunnies use poop to mark. When Tallulah was out of her cage, she pooped almost exclusively around Rory's cage, and rarely anywhere else. This made me think it was intentional. Since I brought Tallulah and Skyler home, Rory has taken to pooping everywhere too while he used to just go in his cage or litter box. And of course Skyler hasn't figured out the litter box and poops all over the place. *Sigh*, my apartment would be full of poop if I didn't go on poop patrol every day! Good thing I love them! :)

is Keiran new to your grandma's house? if it is, then most likely he's just marking.

my bunnies did the same thing when i brought them back to my parents' place earlier this year. we were there for a week and throughout that time, there were pee puddles outside of the litter box every day. but the minute we got back home, their litter habits were as good as ever!

I agree that Kieran must be marking your grandmother's house as his own! What a little stinker! I don't know that you can get him to stop while you're there, but I'd bet that once you get home he'll be back to normal. Good luck to you, Kieran, and grandma!

Why is he only doing it in the bathroom though? Anywhere else I have him he's perfectly good, like in the living room, laundry room, on the beds, and stuff.

Silly bunny.

Latest posts

Back