Keep Zoey in your thoughts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still waiting and hoping Zoey's right eye heals well. The eye lids are really good and I hope in a few weeks the eye itself will show noticable change. Her left eye socket has healed very well and she is not at all bothered that she can't see out of that side.

After 6 months apart, I have been letting Mocha and Zoey have supervised together time, and they really enjoy it. They really love eachother.

As for me, I'm ok, I'm in limbo right now just waiting for things to happen. I was at the cancer institute for a new patient information session yesterday (what a way to spend my birthday :()and I felt very out of place, I was the youngest personin the groupby a long shot. Next week I finally get to meet with an Oncologist and hopefully I will get answers finally.

I didn't know it was your birthday yesterday! Happy Birthday late! I'm sorry you had to spend it the way you did. I'm glad Mocha and Zoey are loving on each other. There's nothing like bunny love to make you smile.

Happy belated Birthday Laura. My younger son had his 22nd Birthday on Wednesday too. We had a double birthday party (both sons) last Monday at the Olivier Restaurant.

That's neat. I just turned 22 as well. But as far as I'm telling everyone, it's my 2nd annual 21st birthday, ha ha. A friend and I are celebrating our birthday's tonight as our birthday's are 11 days apart.

Yeah, and they still think my ID is fake, ha ha. Apparently I look 16.

So Zoey's "good" eye is healing well, perhaps very slowly but the change is unmistakable. Her eye lids have healed, the abscess that was on her third eyelid is gone and the ulcer is about 1/2 of the size it was 6 weeks ago. She will undoubtedly have some vision loss in the eye but overall she is doing very well.

So well in fact that I have started to rebond her and Mocha after they have been separated for nearly 8 months. As I type this, they are cuddling side by side in Mocha's cage, very content to be together again. I am so happy they seem so happy to be back together again, I've been waiting for this day for so long.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that her eye continues to heal!

Well bonding went really well, despite not re-introducing them on neutral territory (only because I know these 2 bunnies really well and knew it wouldn't be an issue). They have been living together since Sunday with no issues.

Zoey was perhaps a little jumpier than she used to be but with only one eye I can see why she was a little toucher with him coming up to her on her blind side. But despite her sight issues she was never aggressive with him which is a really good thing.

And boy are they happy to be with one another again, they really love one another!

I'm doing ok. I've decided to go ahead with the RAI treatment. I'm still a little scared but I know in the long run it's the smarter thing to do. The bad thing is I had to back out of my being a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding because I go in for treatment the day before her wedding but she does understand.. I just feel bad still.

Zoey is improving, her and Mocha are back to being inseparable.

Mocha started going into statis on Wednesday night, I was syringing him a watered down Critical Care mixture on every hour that night and he was back to normal by morning. I dodged a bullet with him, purely because I noticed his personality was a little off (but not enough that anyone but me noticed it). I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again.

And it's also Mocha's 7th birthday!!! I can't believe this was Mocha nearly 7 years ago...

7e32.jpg

LAURA054.jpg

Happy 7th Birthday Mocha! Time is sure flying. Good thing you had Critical Care on hand.

Jan and I was just wonderinghow you were doingyesterday.

Happy Birthday, Mocha. You are just as cute today as you were 7 years ago :)

Glad that Zoey is doing OK, and that she and Mocha are back to normal.

When do you start treatment? I will be keeping you in my thoughts :hug:

Jan

Bo B Bunny wrote:
OMG! SEVEN?! Kiss that lovely boy for me!
I know, I can hardly believe it. It's also a bit of a sad time for me because Spice also would have been celebrating his 7th birthday in 2 weeks but he's been gone for 2.5 years now. But at least I still have Mocha with me.

I've been really really busy lately. I hardly have time to stop and take a breather. I will however have to start apartment hunting soon! I just got notice this afternoon that I start working at an oilrefinery in May but its on the opposite side of the city from me and I am just not willing to have a commute over 1.5 hours each way, so it looks like I am moving east of the city!

I go in for RAI on April 28th. Hopefully it will just be the one treatment. I will be isolated from everyone (even my bunnies :() for a week.

Latest posts

Back