Keep Zoey in your thoughts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Zoey has been battling with corneal ulcers for months now, we have tried a bunch of medications and eye drops and the vet and I are still having issues getting her one eye to heal. She went in to have her one eye debried so that the eye could heal better and 2 weeks later when she went in to have her stitches removed from her right eyelids, the vet found another large ulcer in her other eye. She has practically no sight in the right eye due to scar tissue an such, and now she has an ulcer in her left eye that is about 1/3 her eye.

I am battling to win against this infection. To top it all off I will be in the hospital for at least part of this weekend after surgery on Friday and will be worrying about her every second.

Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about Zoey. I sure hope every thing goes smoothly for her.

Try not to worry too much (I know easier said then done) about Zoey as you will need all your strength to heal and get better fast.

I will keep both you and Zoey in my thoughts and prayers that you both have speedy recoveries.

Susan

Well on the bright side, I don't have to worry about Zoey while I am in the hospital.

The bad news, I wont be in the hospital at all. The doctor is sick so my surgery has been cancelled. This really sucks. I have been waiting months to get to this point and now my surgery is being pushed another 2.5 months to the end of December for a grand total of nearly a full year of waiting for this whole thing to be resolved.

I don't think I have ever been as angry as I was today. I just want resolution, and instead I am sitting here frustrated beyond belief.

Oh man, that stinks! I guess there's not a lot you can do, doctors get sick just like everyone else. Was he overbooked, that's why you have to wait so long?

I thought I would update this thread. Zoey's right eye never healed despite the last surgery to attempt to get theeye to heal. I gave it over 2 months to heal but due to ongoing infecions in the eye lids due to the eye ulcer that wouldn't heal, the vet and I opted to have her right eye removed (she was blind in that eye as is). The surgery itself went good, and I had waitied to ensure the left eye's ulcer was healing and it was nearly healed so we went ahead with the eye removal on the right side. Well with the stress of the cone on, her left eye got worse and the ulcer grew in size, causing the left eye lids to become infected. Since the cone has been taken off, Zoey's left eye is improving slowly and I am praying it heals completely because this is my last ditch effort. If her left eye does not heal, I will be putting her down which I am not really ready to do. So please keep her in your thoughts.

Thanks everyone.

The real kicker is that in the last few weeks, Zoey has made a complete 180 in her personality. I've had her for 4 years and no one understood why she was so special to me. We has a unique understanding of one another. She hated being touched and in the 4 years I owned her, she had never let me or anyonepet her. But despite that, I improvised on how I handled her.

Well in the last few weeks, she has started not only letting me pet her, she has started ASKING (you know, the head down asking you to scratch behind the ears) to be pet. She's started liking me petting her so much that she no longer runs when I touch her and she even licks the ground when I find a spot she really likes. Anyone who knows Zoey would know this is a huge break through for her.

So I'm praying now that Zoey and I finally have bonded quite strongly, I really want her to make a full recovery and live a long time with me.

Bless her little heart - she knows how much you're doing for her. How is her left eye today? I really hope that it was the stress making it worse, and that now she can recover. Has she bothered to touch her right eye at all?

Sending lots of healing, positive vibes your way :pray:

Jan

Since having her right eye removed, she has pretty much left it alone. She does the typical scratching every once in a while but that's normal. I am very pleased with that.

The left eye is slowly improving. The eye lids are healing and I am hopeful that is a good sign for the long run. She is doing pretty well and I just pray it keeps going well!

Back