Keep Naomi in Your Prayers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This needs to go in the library.

tiltpics.jpg

I'm so glad she's doing so well. She's just the prettiest little girl!

Give her a smooch from me, Bo and Tony. (Cloverbunny smooches NO ONE! :pssd:) ;)

Here's an updated one, it can go in the library if you want.

tiltcalendar2-small.jpg

It might be good for people to see how long any noticable physical changes take.

Well when Naomi's head started to straighten, I came to the realisation that I was about to run out of her oral antibiotics. So I called the vet told them the situation and they allowed me to come in and pick up another 2 week supply. My whole intent was just to see if her head would keep improving. I was afraid that stopping one of the antibiotics might have some effect on her recovery. So for a week after I got the refill I continued her on both antibiotics but her head stopped improving so on Tuesday ( 7 weeks to the day after Naomi first got sick) I took her off the oral antibiotic.

She has been doing well, she seems happy and fairly healthy. She is spunky and playful and her head, while not normal by any means, is at a very managable tilt.

In another week and a half she will stop the second one as well, but after 2 months on antibiotics, I am confident that she should do well.

I thought this thread deserved at least one more update. Naomi's head has continued to improve after being taken off one antibiotic and reducing the frequency of dosage on the other. Her head still tilts a little when I pick her up or she is stressed but ready for this everyone?

naohead2.jpg

naohead.jpg

She is almost back to normal and loving life again.

Oh, she such a beautiful bun - I'm so happy that Naomi has made such a great recovery - having had a head-tilt bunny, I know how scary the situation can be.
Kudos to you for being such a good mom!

I never really expected her head to improve so much. When she's active you still see the tilt but when she rests she holds it normal. I guess that's the best I could ask for!

:bunnydance:

Head Tilt is very treatable as Naomi's case proves. If caught early and having a rabbit savvy Vet available, a bunny has a good chance for full recovery. You canalso see Pebbles is fine from hertwo cases of Head Tilts.

Latest posts

Back