Kathryn's blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told you I had a lot of pictures! I actually still have more that I want to post, but I'll do it some other day. I need to steady myself. :biggrin2:

I have been re-doing my room the past couple weeks. So, Bunny hasn't gotten to run around much at all because the only place my parents will allow her to runaround is my bedroom and outside, and Bunny doesn't like outside that much anymore. I finnished my room today though! I had to take off all of this stupid Bunny wallpaper that I have had for 14 long years. Then we painted it a light purple. I really like how it looks now.

I also got a new computer for my eighth grade graduation. We just hooked it up tonight. It's really fast, has a ton of memory, and has a HUGE flat screen montior. :dude: I love it! Tomorrow, we are going to try and figure out how to get all of my pics and music from the old computer to this computer.

Tomorrow, I will hopefully be going shopping to get stuff to start building Bunny and NIC cage. She is slowly starting to grow out of her store-bought cage and with me being busy more, she isn't getting as much time to run around. The NIC cage will be 3 high, 2 deep, and 3 wide. It will fit almost perfectly in a corner in my room. I'm so excited about building it!

I finally figured out how to upload pics from my camera to my new computer. So, as I promised,pics of my baby hamster at 1 week old. He actually has some fur now and you can see whiskers. He is getting so cute!

Here is Alice. You can see the baby underneath her.

276.jpg

The eyes are stillclosed.

280.jpg

Awwwww!

291.jpg

Wow those are some cute pictures!!! My favorite is the "inspection". Glad he has things covered, safety is very important! ;)

The baby hamster could be opening his (yes, his!) eyes any day now! He is for sure a little boy. He's 11 days old now. My! How fast they grow! :p

Tonight, Bunny was out of her cage and just relaxing and laying down on the carpet. I got up and was walking torward her and she jumped up and came over to me. I layed down on my carpet and she snuggled in right next to me. She is just like a teddy bear! She is a true snuggle bunny. :biggrin2:

I finished building her a brand new NIC cage today! It is 2 high, 3 wide, and 2 deep. If she ever gets a lot bigger, I always have extra so that I might make it one more level high. I used some leftover carpet that we had in the attic on the shelves. For the bottom floor, we had and old board that my sister and I used to practice tap dancing on. (I quit dancing years ago) The board was wood with a white board finish on one side. You can buy it at any hardware store. It works really great though, because if it gets wet, it is easy to wipe up because of the dry erase board on the one side. I'll post some pics of it in the NIC cage photo forum section.

I also built Bunny a nice, big run out of extra NIC panels for outside. She loves it! I'll post some pics of it in the NIC pics forum also.

After getting all this new stuff and being really spoiled, I heard Bunny thump twice tonight. When I went to see what was wrong, all she seemed to want was a ton of attention. It seems like now matter how much attention I give her and how much I spoil her, Bunny always wants more. :D

Some more pics of Bunny that I haven't posted yet. :)

Bunny takes over my bed at night.
Picture239.jpg

Bunny chewing up her phonebook. (it's sooo much more torn up now)
Picture223.jpg

Bunny found her pet carrier and decided that it was a good place to rest. (by the way, I found this carrier at Target for $20 I think. same one was at petco for $35)

Picture204.jpg

A tired Bunny behind the door.

Picture199.jpg

Bunny chewing up a wad of newspaper. (check out her spiffy new harness, which by the way, she HATES)

Picture188.jpg

She's doing Bunny yoga. ;)

Picture130.jpg

A stretched out Bunny.

Picture138.jpg

Bunny in action!

Picture132.jpg

A tired Bunny.

Picture129.jpg

Bunny on my desk. She looks so much smaller then.

Picture119.jpg

The adorable and fluffy Bunny butt!

Picture121.jpg

Her in her spiffy but unwanted harness.

Picture186.jpg

That is all I have for now! *sigh* I love pictures!

Here is the baby hamster at 13 days old. I took these pics because I thought it was Friday today, so I thought the baby was 2 weeks old, but the date on my computer was wrong, so these pics are really of the baby at 13 days old. :X

eating a carrot (13 days old)

024.jpg

025.jpg

me holding him (13 days old)

023.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

him eating real food (11 days old)

020.jpg

him eating again (10 days old)

018.jpg

017.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

WOW your Bunny is Beautiful, note to self take a trip to California to Bunnynap Bunny.

You take great pictures, the baby hamster is adorable, are you going to keep him/her?

What type of camera do you use?

Susan:apollo:

I don't have a name for the hamster yet.

For Bunny, I couldn't think of a name that suited her. I thought of many cute names, just none of them fit her. So now, she will always be Bunny. :biggrin2:

He he....

The rabbit we bunnysat last week was called Bunny too. The owners couldn't think of a name for him either, and he doesn't respond to any spoken names. So Bunny was appropriate. :D

I think the pics of Alice and Stuart got lost while the forum change was happening. Well, if you didn't already know, my other hamster, Minnie, died some time after I joined this forum. (around April or May) So, I got two more hamsters, Alice and Stuart. Alice is the black one and Stuart is the grey one. They are the one's that had the baby hamster together.

Picture172.jpg

Picture141.jpg

and Stuart

Picture139.jpg

My family owns a farm and my great grandma brought me over a huge bag of alfalfa hay. Before, I only had some storebought timothy hay. Bunny would sometimes eat it. Ever since I gave Bunny some of that Alfalfa hay, she is absolutely addicted to hay. :D

I realized that I spend at least $25 a month on my animals. :? That adds up. :grumpy: They are all worth it though. :biggrin2:

I thought I had my wires covered well, but Bunny found a way to chew through one of my computer speakers wires. So now I only have 1 speaker working. :grumpy:

List of things Bunny has ruined:

1. My ipod charger

2. One computer speaker

I feel so disorganized right now. I've been trying to clean up my room, but every time I turn my back for a second, Bunny has made a new mess for me to clean up. :faint:

The baby hamsters' name is Dusty now and I decided to keep him. He is 4 weeks old today. Last week, I separated him from Alice and put him in with his father. Stuart and Dusty seem to be getting along great now. They look so much alike, except for that Stuart is about 5 times bigger than Dusty. Stuart needs to go on a diet. :?

Latest posts

Back