Kathryn's blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are a very smart 13year old. I hope things work out well for you.

If you have to get the Dutch baby, I really hopeit can stay with momma for a while longer. The last thing you want todo is fall in love and have the baby get stressed and ill and pass away.

JadeIcing wrote:
You are a very smart 13year old. I hope thingswork out well for you.
Actually, I'm 14 now. lol ;)

I still haven't gotten the chance to talk to my grandparents, but Iknow that they will call sometime this week about getting my bunny andI'll talk to them then about it.

tailof2rabbits: my rabbit would probably be much strongerthan my snake. Voldemort is still extremely tiny.:shock:That reminds me, I need to buy some more food forhim....

I'm so on edge about this. Anxious really, justwanting to know how it turns out. And really hoping that baby doesn'tget taken away from it's momma too early.

binkies wrote:
I'm so on edge about this. Anxious really, just wanting toknow how it turns out. And really hoping that baby doesn't get takenaway from it's momma too early.
I try not to worry about this. If anybody tries to pressureme or force me to get this bunny too early, I will refuse to get ituntill it is of a better age. :?

My mom was saying how my grandpa said that this beeder also had somebaby lop bunnies. I need to talk to him to see what age theyare and what kind they are. I'm hoping that they are minilops and a little bit older than the dutch. If they are, thenI will probably get the lop.

One reason why everyone might pressure me to get this bunny early isbecause the breeder told my grandma that I could get first pick out ofthe dutch bunny babies. :?

In that case, you can always pick it out and pay for it without actually taking the baby. They do it with dogs all the time.

binkies wrote:
In that case, you can always pick it out and pay for itwithout actually taking the baby. They do it with dogs all thetime.
I would do that, except I'm afraid that if I see these cutelittle baby bunnies in person, I will fall in love and take one homeright then. That is actually a good idea though....

Some good news! My mom took my dog into the vet today forsome shots, and she asked if they took rabbits and they saidyes! They are very nice and love the animals that they carefor. It gets better though...They said that to get a rabbitspayed, it would cost $85 and for neutering, it would cost$55. That is so much less than I thought it wouldbe! Now I can buy my bunny some more toys!:bunnydance:

I asked my mom if we can go to my grandma's house to talk to them aboutmy bunny. She said that she didn't feel like it rightthen. I'll ask again later tonight. I would callthem, but I'm a bit phone-phobic, so I'd like to do it face toface. ;)

Wow that's so cheap! Lucky you ;)

I really hope this works out well for you, but I agree, you will getthe right bunny. When I was looking for my latest bunny it seemed everyoption I turned to just went wrong, I had to wait for ages it seemed.But then I got my little Maddie and she is perfect, so perfect.:)

Keep us posted on what's happening!

Oh, my....this didn't happen how I wanted it to..... :foreheadsmack:

Yesterday, I got home and decided to try and call my grandparents totell them that I wanted to wait on the bunny. Well, theydidn't answer. I decided to call in the morning.The next morning, I was getting ready to call, when my grandma andgrandpa came to my house....................

WITH A BUNNY!! :scared::sigh

They had decided to make it a surprise and just go and choose one forme. I tried telling them that I didn't want to take the bunnybecause it was too young. My grandpa tried to assure me thatit was alright by saying, "They breeder is already feeding them carrotsand fruit and they are eating it!" :pullhair:

I can't give the bunny back so I am kind of stuck with her.I'm going to try to give her the best home ever and make up for herbeing taken away too early. She is extremely cutethough! ;)

One other thing that I wasn't expecting. The bunny wasn't a dutch bunny. She was a............

floppy eared bunny!! :hearts

My grandma decided to get her instead of the dutch because she wascuter. They said her parents were larger (so I'm guessingshe's not a mini or holland lop). She is white with greyspots and the cutest thing about her is that one of her ears is up andthe other is down. Unlike the dutches (who were about 3 weeksold), she is 4 weeks and 5 days old. I guess that is betterthan 3 weeks. :?

I held her and she is very sweet and soft. Right now, she isin her cage. I realized that my water bottle leaks, so I sentmy dad to go get a different one, so for now, she has a bowl withwater. She got her paws all wet with it. I saw herdrink a little bit of water, but I havn't seen her eat anything atall. And, she hasn't pooped or peed. :dunno:

They brought me back some pellets that the breeder that was feedingher, so I'm going to slowly change over to my pellets.

As I said, this wasn't how I was planning on getting a bunny.But, if anyone has any tips for me on anything, I would appreciatethem. :)

Oh, and right now my camera is charging, so I'll try to get some pictures of her later.

Oh! I almost forgot! My grandma gave me $100 as alate birthday present also. :shock: Now I have enough moneyto pay for the spaying AND and maybe an NIC cage for when she getsbigger AND maybe a few bunny toys! :bunnydance:

Oh my! Well, I guess congratulations on your newbaby! There isn't anything you can do now but be extra attentive to it.Making sure there is proper "input and output". Please pleaseplease don't feed it fruits and veggies. It is way toooo young tohandle that. Alfalfa based pellets and hay for now.

I can't wait to see him/her. I'm sure you will do your very very best to keep it healthy, happy (and with $100) SPOILED!

An update on my bunny:

I'm still not sure what to name her. I'll think of the perfect name in time though.

She is now eating her pellets and timothy hay. I saw herdrink out of her new no-leaking water bottle, but she seems to perferthe bowl of water, so I'm leaving the bowl of water in her cage for nowjust in case.

The first night I had her she woke me up at 5:30 in the morning withthe jingling and all the noise of her throwing around hertoys. She loves playing with the keys and her little jinglyball and her toilet paper tube with timothy hay in it.

I sometimes let her run around my room, but it still isn'tbunnyproofed, so I follow her around. She doesn't seem toointerested in the wires though, just under my bed. She lovesbeing put on my bed (she is still too small to hop up there on herown). When she's laying on the bed with me, she will comeover to me and hop on my back and lay against me.

She loves to be pet anywhere on her head, mainly the ears.She loves me to stroke her ears and it is like there is an invisiblebutton behind her ears where when you pet or push it, she startsgrinding her teeth happily.

I let her run around in our family room which has quite a bit ofrunning space. She immediately started doing binkies allaround the room. When she got tired, she came up to me andasked to be pet. She is so sweet! She also loves tobe held and lay on my lap while I'm watching tv or something.She also gives me bunny kisses. :hug2:

I've also noticed that when she is calm, her right ear goes down, butwhen she is alert, the right ear goes up. The left ear isalways down. :bunny19She seems veryhappy. Here are some pics that Itook. Oh, and she was born on March 27th.So, today, she is 5 weeks old.

I hear you!

Picture091.jpg

Isn't my ear cute?

Picture112.jpg

Oh, ya....that's the spot!

Picture116.jpg

Butt shot!

Picture101.jpg

Just loungin with my friend.

Picture108.jpg

How did I miss all this?

I'm so glad the forum is back on. I have so many pics to show everyone!

As some of you may already know, my hamsters, Alice and Stuart, had babies. (also known as pups or puppies) There were four cute (well, actually kind of odd looking) little pups in the cage. When I came back home oneday, there was only one pup left. Alice had eaten the other 3 for some reason.

Here is a video of the remaining pup at3 days old. Sorry about the bad lighting.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0zIqFwZLvc]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0zIqFwZLvc[/ame]

Here is a pic of the pup at 3 days old. It was just starting to get somegrey coloring to it's skin.

Picture248.jpg

I was going to put up a picture of the pup today, at 1 week old. But, I just got a new computer and it doesn't want me to upload pics from my camera.:(

Now back to Bunny!

My cat, Timothy, and Bunny have decided that they like each other. Bunny always seems eager to make friends with my other pets. I would get her another rabbit friend, but my parents seem to think that 1 bunny is enough. :? So, here are a few thinks with Timothy and Bunny.

Ignore the mattress, I was washing my sheets when this happened.

Picture224.jpg

And here the this awesomely cute video of them. Don't worry, Timothy wasn't hurting Bunny at all.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=RUOkq-p9-pg]http://youtube.com/watch?v=RUOkq-p9-pg[/ame]

Here they are back-to-back outside.

Picture147.jpg

Here they are circling each other. I thought it was cute because it looked like they were about to fight. But really, Bunny was just cleaning herself. :p

Picture154.jpg

Now some of my other cat, Macho, and Bunny. Whenever Bunny gets too close to Macho, Macho runs for his life. lol Macho is a true scaredy cat.

Bunny was just hopping around the backyard and totally ignoring the cats. The cats always had their eyes on her though. :D

Picture167.jpg

One night, Macho hopped in Bunny's litter box and decided it was a good place to rest. Meanwhile, Bunny was cleaning herself.

Picture134.jpg

Here is one of my dog, Lily, and Bunny. I don't completely trust Lily around Bunny, because she thinks it is fun to try and chase Bunny. She doesn't really mean any harm, but it scares poor Bunny.

Picture165.jpg

And here is one of Bunny with Minnie in her ball. (RIP Minnie)

Picture126.jpg

I don't have any of Bunny with Voldemort, Stuart, or Alice yet.

Timothy decided to explore Bunny's cage and see if his friend was being treated OK. ;)

"Ramp looks good"

Picture218.jpg

"Bars look sturdy"

Picture215.jpg

"Hay looks good. Hey! It's Timothy Hay! (get it? My name is Timothy too!)"

Picture217.jpg

"Litter looks great"

Picture216.jpg

"Toys look fun!"

Picture213.jpg

"Water looks fresh"

Picture214.jpg

"Lookin' good so far, Kathryn!"

Picture212.jpg

"Food looks good"

Picture211.jpg

"MMm....! Food TASTES good!" (he actually started eating her pellets) :p

Picture210.jpg

"All done!"

Picture219.jpg

"Just going to get out now...."

Picture222.jpg

Sorry for so many pics! I get excited when using a camera. :D

Here are some pics of Bunny having some fun in the backyard. She doesn't really like the backyard anymore ever since she was hopping out there and someone let the dog out and Lily thought it was fun to chase Bunny around at super speed. Poor Bunny was terrified after that. :X I'm going to make an run out of NIC panels for Bunny though.

Haha! Look at her tounge!

Picture148.jpg

A posing Bunny.

Picture150.jpg

"Are you getting this Kathryn?"

Picture151.jpg

Just checking out the plants.

Picture160.jpg

"You'll never find me!"

Picture161.jpg

Action shot!

Picture170.jpg