Just a question..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamela227

Reaction score
I don't know if it's been answered already.. i don't remember seeing it but i was just wondering if rabbits can burp?

I've never heard Oreo do it, just wondering. :)
~pam

I cannot personally attest to it, nor do I haveany scientific info on hand. Many articles I have read statethat rabbits cannot burp nor "break wind". As we know,rabbits are unable to vomit, so it is assumed that gas (a burp) willalso *not* travel that route. *However* the rabbitdigestive system is very similar to that of a horse, and the horse isalso unable to vomit and, like the rabbit, can be prone to GIstasis. But I can tell you that horses do most certainly burpand"cut loose"and many bunny owners have claimed tohave been witness to the"breaking of bunny wind". :p

Pam

It only happened once that I can remember, but I have heard a 'bunny butt boof'.

:shock:

-Carolyn

I have never heard my rabbits do any of those things. I think i would just laugh if i did.!!!!:D

Cookie has pooteda couple of times, andit stunk to high heaven! He just looks at us as if to say,"who...me??"

Wabbitwuv

ahah! I've never experienced that :)
My mom & i just got down the whole force feeding thing & havebeen feeding oreo that way since yesterday so i was just wondering.
She's still got a hairball.. been tryin to get rid of it but she's nowdrinking on her own & eating little pieces of hay on her own justwish it would unclog already :?
~pam

If she's having problems moving a hairball,pamela227, I'd get some fresh pineapple at the grocery store, (Saladbars are good to get them), and/or in the produce section, you can getsome dried papaya. It should help move it along quickly andis able to push through what the hay misses.

Good luck!

-Carolyn

We've been giving her a mixture of fresh chunksof pineapple & pineapple juice with her pellets all ground up in asyringe. Just taking a while to move it :? Throughout the day I offerher just a chunk of pineapple & she'll take a bite or 2 thats aboutit :?

~pam

Hi Pamela227,

It's okay that she'll take a bite or two out of the chunks. She hasshown she'll take a nibble. She may take more interest when things calmdown.

Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

P.S. Keep it available to her until you go to bed.

I was told by my vet to feed hay to Abigail, thisis for her digestive system. He raises rabbits himself. Maybesince the hay is for their digestive system, they don't have to burp orpass wind. Anita!!!

WelcomeAbigail,

Your vet is correct, hay does help give them the extra fiber and keepstheir digestive system working well and prevents furballs, as well ashelps their teeth and they love it.

My rabbits have unlimited amounts of timothy hay at their disposal allthe time. There was that one time that IheardTucker boof and he's 3 years old.

:)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back