Just a little note about my bunnies and other things

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheryl

Reaction score
Well first of hello...:wave:

Gosh it's been months since i have been here..i had no computer for quite a while but i have my new laptop that i have wanted for ages..it's an Acer and it's very snazzyand i love it!...i can finally use the laptop andrelax anywhere in the home now..it's great! lol.

Anyway the bunnies are doing just great....Josie got over her head tilt after 6 and half weeks...i really needed the forum through that awful time with her...but i had no pc...i spent so much time with Josie..rubbing her neck for her....it felt so strange when i would hold her because she would sit funny in my arms...her head was tilted to the right side and boy i don't know how many times i had cried into her fur cause i just felt so very sorry for what she was going through.

Giving the injections was the hardest thing i had to do...i had never ever given a injection before and i struggled so much with it....sometimes i would cry cause i just couldn't do it....but i knew it had to be done and i'm such a wimp anyway.

Josie is just doing so good now....sometimes you can see that she still has a slight tilt but it's nothing to worry about.....you know i thought i was going to lose her cause she had lost so much weight that she looked very fragile....but the vet took great care of her....i can only say that i hope she or the others ever get head tilt again.

Also the last time i posted on here i mentioned about Cassidy was going blind....well i'm sad to report that he is fully blind now...it's been very sad to watch a confident little boy hopping around to a boy that is so unsure of himself....i am always praising him...when he comes to get his tea....i'm like good boy Cassidy...i want him to know that everything is ok.

Oh and i have given to little ratty girls a home....i called the white one Macey and the dark greyish one voilet...as in Voilet Crumble the chocolate bar.....when i first took them in all they wanted to do was bite..but i soon got them out of that...i don't think they had any attention before...but they get pleny of attention now.

Anyway i just wanted to report that the bunnies and meare doing well...and i'm just glad to be on the forum again.

Cheryl

I've been wondering how you are doing, and how your bunnies are.

It's great to have an update, even if it is bittersweet (bitter about Cassidy, sweet about Josie).

Do we get you back now? :p

A big hello to you all...gosh i have missed hearing about all your bunnies.

We had a pretty rough time here in Australia recently...i know a lot of you had heard about the fires in Victoria....that was pretty devestating....but did you hear about Sam the koala who survived the fire and who graciously took a drink from the fireman's water bottle...aww did that make me bawl...how touching for a wild animal to do something as precious and innocent as to take a drink from a human...he also made international headline's....and while that was going on there was major flooding in Queensland and here in my state we had a major heat wave...it was 45*C and over for over a week....and my state is already the driest state in Australia..the heat wave made it unbearable...everyone was so relieved when it was over....someone was picking on Australia lol.

I also have a new job..i work at a company called Palmer's which is the home of cocoa butter....i was scared of the change at first....i dislike change in my life but everything has worked out ok.

The kid's are good....i remember mentioning about my eldest son Anthony having a broken arm..well not long after that..my youngest son Jeremy broke his also...so i had two boys with broken arm's...other than that they are good.

And yes i am back for good mwahhhhhh :biggrin2:

Cheryl

Cheryl, I'm so excited you are back. I've thought of you often. I was wondering when I saw "Cheryl" if it was you, then I saw your Avitar and I jumper for joy.

Glad to hear your Bunnies are doing good. Great that you got a new job. I love cocoa butter. I just bought the new Vasaline with cocoa butter, it smells so nice.

I saw the video of that Koala drinking the water, I was in tears seeing it too. That poor little guy.

Looking forward to hearing all anout you and your fur babies.

Hugs

Susan :)

Hello Susan and Fran :)

Gosh i thought about a lot of member's here and how their bunnies were doing,it was terible not being able to get on here cause of having no pc.

It's funny cause i had never heard of Palmer's before until i had spotted it on the job site....i work in the warehouse part and i like it so much more....Palmer's is like a little family everyone is so nice and friendly there,i have been working there since the 13 of October....i'm glad to see that your bunnies are all doing well Susan :)

And Fran again i'm so very sorry for your loss of Sooty i felt saddened when i read that he had gone to the Rainbow Bridge...he was just so cute.

Thanks for the welcome back you guy's

:hugsquish:CHERYL!!!! OMG it's great to see you again! We were wondering how you and your babies were doing!

Sorry to hear that Cassidy has completely lost his sight :(. Hopefully, as time goes on he will get more confident. Good news about Josie, though :).

Sooooo, when do we get photos? :tonguewiggle:biggrin2:

Jan

Hi CHERYL!!!! :group:

You were aways in the back of my mind, as I wondered how you were doing. Two boys with broken arms, sick bunnies,fires, no computer... you must have been under extreme duress. Nice to hear you are working now, and the firefighter with the koala made the headlines here too.

It's so great to see you back Cheryl! I had been wondering how you were getting on..... I miss the pictures of Chocolate bunny! :p

I'm so glad to hear Josie is improved as well. :)

And congratulations on the job! Me and my friends WORSHIP Palmer's cocoa butter- it's sooooo good! Do you get lots of freebies? Lol ;)

I'm so glad you are back on the forum! :D:D:D

Thankyou so very much you guy's..you are all lovely people :)

I thought a lot about you all and how your bunnies all were...i just hoped that they were all doing well....sometime's i dislike coming back after being away forso long cause i just don't know what to expect..you know....you get to know each other's bunnies and their precious life and their silly antic's...i loveeach and everyone'sbunnies.

Yep two kid's with broken arm's...what luck....gosh poor Anthony had to have his cast on for three month's as his arm wasn't healing very well...he hated that cause he wasn't able to go to work....i thought it might of been cause he had cancer when he was younger....but the doc just said that some people just heal slowly.

Aww my poor baby Cassidy....he hop's very slowly.....i know what to have expected cause my little girl Lulu(RIP) was blind also.....but she thought she was just the best cause you would never have guessed that she was blind...unless you looked at her eye's....she was just awesome.....so Cassidy will learn in time....it's just sad that's all...

Yeah working at Palmer's is good....i do get a lot of freebie's....i don't mind their moisturising oil though and their foot magic.....but i really do not like their olive butter....i hate it when i'm near that stuff...it's strong smelling.

And yep i guess i will have to get a new bunny blog going....lot's of picture's to post

Oh and Chocolate Bunnysend's her special chocolately kissesto everyone..she misses her picture being splashed around the forum....she is such a queen :rollseyes...the other's wave their little paw's to everyone and say hawooo lol.

Just wanted to post a picture of the most sweetest little boy....Cassidy...just a close up of his eye.

152.jpg

This picture was when he was just slightly going blind

203.jpg

Good to see you back on the forum Cheryl. I had missed the original posts about Cassidy. Did the vet know the cause of the blindness?

Pam

Hi Pam,

When i took Cassidy to the vet to get him checked over,the first thing he did of course was check his eyes,he said that there was no reaction....he gave him a check over and said he was otherwise a healthy bunny...idid askhim if he could do a diabetes test just to rule that out....i asked that because i had another bunny called Lulu(rip) who also went blind...and she was also healthy from what the vet said...but he did suggest doing a diabetes test on her which came back negative....i was relieved i must say....but i was left with no answers as to why she went blind,he just told me it's just one of those thing's.....well anyway....Cassidy doesn't have diabetes either...and i'm still left with no answers as to why.....so both bunnies went blind without any reason.....is there anything else the vet could check for?.....cause i have no idea and i can only go by what the vet tell's me.

Latest posts

Back