Julie and Slate Brook Farm

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justjules

Reaction score
Hello. My name is Julie. My husband Tom and I own a small farm in Western NY. I am a Registered Nurse and my husband is a Teacher. We have two boys ages 16 and 17. At Slate Brook Farm we focus on raising fainting goats and llamas along with a number of other animals that have joined our farm since we purchased it in 2005. In this collection of animals we have alsohad a few rabbits. In fact we have been raising rabbitsmostly has pets from the time our kids were small. I have always had a preference to long ears and adored the English lops. In June of this year after some hardlookingI finally purchased my first E-lops and instantly fell in love with them (they can be seen on our web site).Calvin, Isabelle and Holly are a true joy for me. My husband and I also recently joing ARBA and the LRCA and are looking forward toshowing our rabbits in the future. This will be something to keep us busy now that the kids are getting older and will be going off to college. I'm happy to have found this forum and hope I can get to know some other E-lop breeders and learn more about showing. I'm also looking for a rabbit club around our area in that I can join. Julie.

WELCOME Julie!

I love Fainting Goats! infact, it's one of the purchases I plan if I ever get a small farm to house one! or two or...... lol!

I love the bunny in your avatar!

Welcome to RO!!!

Wow!! English lops are so pretty. I love them. Be sure to post some pics of your E-lops!!

Fainting goats are certainly addicting. I must admit I am a goat-a-holic. LOL. We have 27 of them. Thank you....the bunny in my avatar is my Calvin. Julie.

I want to get to know you so I can visit.

Come on down Jade, we love to have visitors here. It's not uncommon for people to stop by and we have also been visited by our local 4H groups as well. Just enjoy the kids so much. But, make sure you bring animal cookies. The goats will be your friends forever. We were just kinda upyour way back in August. We went to New Hampshire and Vermont. NH was to pick up and goat and Vt was to visit a g/f of mine from highschool. The hubby and Ifell in love with Vt. Just amazing scenery. We would love to buy a farm up there someday. Julie.

Welcome to the forum I just joined a few days ago but I'm already addicted :biggrin2:As for the pics go to "chat about the (new)forum" and you will see atopic called photobucket: A visual guidethat shows a step by step explanation on how to get pics on here. Hope this helps.

~Hayley~

Latest posts

Back