Jess has got a pudgy belly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezeta

Reaction score
Ive noticed recently Jess is getting a little pudgy, she isn't fat but she is getting a pot belly, at the moment she is getting lots of hay, sometimes a carrot a day, pellets and treats from the pet store called treat ums, she defiantly gets to many treatsand I want to cut down, is there anything that doesn't contain a lot of calories I can give her?

The brand kaytee makes timothy cubes. They are just timothy hay compressed into cubes but the bunnies seem to think of them as treats, they go crazy for them. Maybe you can try these for a healthier treat for you bun.

I have no idea about treats, sorry, but does your bun get lots of exercise? Is there anyway to increase the amount she does?

Thanks for your replies, The timothy cubes are a fab idea will defiantly be getting some of those, as for exercise sheis let out every night from about 5:30 (she lives in the downstairs bathroom which makes a nice big cage she can have a good hop around in :D) when I get in from work until I go to bed and I try to get her outside with her harness or in her run, is there anything else I could be doing?

With the aid of Mezeta's newly found site, lol, I can show you this link.

This is what we give our buns. Takes a day or two, depending on the bun to eat it, and they love throwing it around too.

http://www.bunnybasics.net/excel-nature-sticks-with-mint-p-408.html

That one is mint, there is one with dandelion and another with nettle. They are each supposed to be good for different things, but my bunnies love them. I can't see why they would be fattening as they have only hay with a bit of something else with them, but of course you never know. Just a thought for you.

With regards to her running around, I don't entirely know what else you could do because each persons set up is different.

I would just say, make sure she gets the chance to run, like really run, and really stretch her legs as much as possible :)

Ive got her those sticks and she hates them...unless I leave them lying around so she thinks she is having something she shouldn't , in which case she goes mad for them! :Dfussybun

lol, mine prefer to find them too. So I 'accidently' leave them around, but it does provide them with interest and stimulation to have to seek something out by smell, etc.

Oh no Flashy, what have you done!! I was looking at the site you posted and saw the car beds and I could see Jess twitching her nose so clearly I had to take that as "buy me that bed human slave or no more bunny kisses for you!" so it looks like I'm going to have to get it and its all your fault! :D

Hmmm and maybe I should get her a few toys for her to ignore too because I think she is bored with ignoring the other toys I got her:bunny24

lol, that was revenge for showing me a site with loads of rabbit goods on, lol.

Looks like we're even now :highfive:(I wanted a hand shaking one, but this one will have to do)

Latest posts

Back