Jenson has a breed question - any Angora lovers?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenson

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I had a nice surprise from my boyfriend yesterday, a 10 week old bunny. I had been planning to have one of his litter of Lionheads but the one I wanted didn't make it past 2 weeks, so hedecided to surprise me with this little beauty.

Now, he was told that this is a purebred Angora buck (turns out he is a she!), which he knew I'd love. However I have never seen an Angora in real lifeso I'm not sure she is purebred at all. The fur is amazing, totally different from a Lionhead, very thick and fine. She has some furnishings coming on the sides and tips of her ears and the fur on her body is the same length all over.

bunny.jpg

Any thoughts? Also she doesn't have a name yet, so any suggestions welcome!

She looks like a lionhead with a wooly back. lol

Here are names form my rabbit info site: :)

Angel
Apple Blossom
Ava
Alice
Aggy (Aggie)
Bella
Belle
Century
Cookie
Daisy (Daisie)
Delilah
Eve
Eva
Evelyn
Eevie
Fleur
Grace (Gracie,Gracy)
Hannah
Hallie
Honey
Harper
Ida
Iris
Jenny
Khana
Lacy
Lavender
Lily (Lilly)
Lyra
Mango
May (Mae)
Maggie
Neko
Nixie
Opal
Peaches
Pumpkin
Rose (Rosie, Rosa)
Selena
Star
Sugar
Violet
Zoe (Zoey)

Wow, thanks for the name list! I love Lacy for her!

I will take some more photos in a bit, she does look like a Lionhead but she doesn't feel like one. I've had quite a few Lionheads and my boyfriend breeds them but I've never had one that felt like the coat on this one. It's amazing!

My lionhead isn't nearly that fuzzy! dunno though. I was gonna name the female I was getting Ostara (original for easter, she's a goddess I think. The my favorite to come up on a google search for bunny goddesses lol) , seems to fit your little pretty.

Oh Jenson! What a GORGEOUS lil girl! Whatever name you give her she will carry it with grace. I LOVE the color points. A lovely beauty! Best of luck with her!

I am not sure if she is purebred or not. I haven't seen young angoras in person before and don't have much experience with the different breeds. She is probably and English angora. Not sure if you have different breeds in Ireland though.

She is adorable and will keep you busy for many years to come.
Are you planing on growing the wool? It is more work it you do, but so worth it. If you don't plan of using the wool, it is best to keep them shorter.

I am really bad at naming, especially females.

Doesn't look like an English Angora baby - looks like some type of dwarf angora or fuzzy lion.

Pam

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
She is probably and English angora. Not sure if you have different breeds in Ireland though.
She's from Wales :)
Lucky for them they have way more breeds then we do *jealous*
She is gorgeus!! I might just have to come and steal her :p

Latest posts

Back