Jenniblu's Home Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jenniblu wrote:
That's what I've been told at least, Naturestee - depressionand fibromylagia are suspossed to be linked (or maybe not - not much isknown about it). I do know that when the depression is undercontrol, then I don't hurt like I am right now - unmedicated.I will be going back to my doctor next month though, I'll have medicalinsurance and/or enough money saved up to pay for mtmedication. For now, my pets really help withthings.

Peg is going to kill me for this...but I'm thinking Zatch is 8 months*ducks in case I'm wrong. I do know that little man enteredpuberty shorty after I got him in October. He's so funny withhis dancing and antics early in the morning. Silly boy STILLthinks hay is a treat and will binky each night when the hay is passedout.:bunnydance:

Oh my goodness...Linus, um...I mean Zatch has turned out sonicely. What a handsome young man you have there.He was born either June 30th or July 1st - I'd have to check my recordsto see.

I'm so glad he still dances. I miss that about him somuch. So many times I go to feed the rabbit in his old cageand will almost say "Zatch" and then catch myself...especially sincethe other rabbit looks NOTHING like him.

I'm sorry about the depression...I definitely understand that as Istruggle with it sometimes. I find holding a bunny helps meduring the worst of my times though.

Thanks for sharing the photos! He really is a handsome little guy.

Peg

Quick update:

Erica gave birth to 9 kits (02/20/06) of which 7 lived. She has pulled fur and is being a good mommy to them. They are so cute and make such a fuss when they are picked up lol. Wow! The plans for the Spring outdoor hutches are being re-worked as we speak. In the meantime, Erica and kits will be indoors close by where I can take lots of picture of them... I mean observe them lol.

There hasn't been babies in this house since I breed guinea pigs, and they will surely be spoiled.

:elephant:

WOO HOO - Wrigglies- we just love 'em!

I'm so proud of both you and mama (and dad too).

Keep the photos coming and kiss Zatch for me and tell him to be a good Uncle to them!

:bestwishes

Peg

P.S My babies love to sneak into the cages with the bucks when they have playtime and a lot of the lionhead bucks love the babies! So don't be surprised if Zatch likes them!

Thanks everyone for your warm wishes. I will be sure to take pictures of the wriggles as they grow. Also I cannot count - as Erica had only 8 kits with 6 surviving (you can count 6 in the picture from the other day lol).

This morning, I went to check on them, and one of the kits had wriggled away from the others and had passed on during the night - it had not been as active as the others I noticed. Erica has been a great mom feeding the kits and watching me like a hawk everytime I check on the family. So far, round bellies and active kits, so I'm confident the remaining 5 will make it. :)

Erica looks gorgeous (glowing) and is such a doll since giving birth. I keep telling her that she'll get her pre-baby figure back. Alphonzo is going through a moult right now and looks like rag-a-muffin, but he is still a love though.

Oh - I'm so sorry about the loss of the little one - but I'm so happy you have the five remaining. I bet they are so precious to hold.

Tonight I went to look at Anissa's litter - and the little twerp nipped me! I couldn't believe it- but I had just put her back in her cage about 5 minutes earlier (she'd been having playtime on the floor) and she was already upset with me....

Anyway - congrats again on the five remaining - hope to see more pictures as they grow!

Peg

P.S. Oh - and give Zatch a hug from me.....

Update: The little buggers peed on me! :no:rofl:

Thanks - the one that died was a "fader" - just not doing good, didn't seem to have the will/fight in it to live from the beginning. The rest seem to be really strong though.

PS - You are trying to make Zatch hate me aren't you lol? Oh such a look when I told him his "Texas Mommy" sends her love and a hug. Oh, and get this -- he thumps now at the word "bedtime" 'cause he knows its cage time. How cute is that?!? Oh, what color would you say Zatch is? I'm so curious as to your opinion.

Jenniblu wrote:
Update: The little buggers peed on me! :no:rofl:

Thanks - the one that died was a "fader" - just not doing good, didn't seem to have the will/fight in it to live from the beginning. The rest seem to be really strong though.

PS - You are trying to make Zatch hate me aren't you lol? Oh such a look when I told him his "Texas Mommy" sends her love and a hug. Oh, and get this -- he thumps now at the word "bedtime" 'cause he knows its cage time. How cute is that?!? Oh, what color would you say Zatch is? I'm so curious as to your opinion.

AHA..... if they're peeing on you - now is the time to figure out their sex - and I'm NOT kidding. Hold them facing AWAY from you and use a warm cloth to stimulate them to pee. If they dribble -its a girl. If they shoot - its a boy. I was told this by another breeder....

As far as Zatch - I'd need to see an updated picture. I'm leaning towards sable point though if he's developed the dark points on his ears and or nose. I never thought that at first 'cause he was all cream colored....but I've had breeders tell me that a sable point can sometimes not show its points for a few months. If he has brown eyes - he could also be ermine.

I'd take him to a show and ask the judges or another breeder to tell you his color.

I can believe he knows bedtime as my rabbits know that word too. They also know "Girls BEHAVE!" (the bucks seem to ignore me - but the girls playing on the floor all perk their ears up).

BTW - don't forget to visit the rabbitry area on the forum - we have stuff on peanuts (which you don't need) and on breeding and genetic calculators and stuff like that.

Peg

Thanks I will visit the breeding and genetics page. I took some more pictures of the wriggles tonight. They already have little baby teeth! Poor Erica ouch lol.

b1.JPG

I was trying to get some good pictures of the fur coming in, especially the pink spot behind their heads - Martens should have a trianlge of white behind the ears, so the pink areas make me very confindent that I'll get a good triangle and not a spoon shape. Both parents have the pointed triangles versus the spoon shape.
b3.JPG

b2.JPG

Oh my! I'm thinking that one of Anissa's (that I couldn't quite place) is a black silver marten lionhead.

Oh - I hope so!

These babies are soooo cute! I'm so happy for you....

Peg

Hey all - the babies are doing fine. There are four healthy and fat bundles of energy. Their eyes opened today also. Poor Erica was running from one of the kits who was chasing her ans trying to nurse. When I picked up the kit, it just licked its lips as if to say, "Boy was that milk good."
:happydance
PS - I promise promise promise to update with pictures. They are so cute!

Back