Jenniblu's Home Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenniblu

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a new threadto mark a new beginning.

As part of new things:

What they don't tell you about rabbit shows:

1) Don't bring a carrier. Yes, not even one. Why?...Because...you will bring animals home!

2) You will be surrounded by hundreds (or thousands) ofpeople who also have no self control when it comes toanimals. Specifically, getting new animals. Theywill have you thinking that starting a 'small' (under 50) rabbitry isno problem.

3) Don't enter raffles and place tickets in for animals youdon't intend on really taking home. Trust me, even if you'veNEVER won anything in your life, you will win several times over.

4) There will be other animals there besides just rabbits. Be strong.

5) Never ask why certain animals are in a raffle if you are a big softy. Bad ideal.

6) Don't pet any rabbits - never, ever, ever, ever. You will take them home.

7) Just don't go - they are addictive.

Now that all those reasons have been listed, I will show you the horrible consequences of not listening to this advice:

I won 3 roosters who were destined for the stew pot. Had toget them since they were not even full grown (according to the vendors)and had lived such a short life. They were re-homed today toa guy who has kept poultry all his life -- to live a full life with hisother chickens.

show1.JPG

show2.JPG

show3.JPG

I also won a pair of silver martens. They were named Alphonzoand Erica. These are also after anime characters Alphonzo andEdward Ulric from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Erica pouting cause I won't let her play.

ericashow.JPG

Another of her. She's tugging on the blanket.

ericashow2.JPG

This is Alphonzo:

alphonz.JPG

Alphonzo wanting a close up.

alphonz2.JPG

Jenni: very pretty Rabbits , the Silver Martins are very pretty and usually even tempered.
I" just bet you havent learned your lesson well lmao, If yourlike me you wont bring extra cages at all , but instead willget into an almighty panic Buying at least 2 new ones tobring home the rabbits promised yourself you wouldnt get .this happened last show and I ended up buying 2, 3holecarriers to bring home winnings and purchases,lol.

Thinks we need a B.A. Forum (bunnies anonymous)

My nam is Susan and I am a bunnyaholic!

P.S. Nice buns Jenni !

lol bunnyaholic. very cute

how about cavyaholic. I once had 30 guinea pigs for awhile. You can askJen when she came over to meet with us to pick up our new flemies wehad 21 then.

Jenniblu wrote:

1) Don't bring a carrier. Yes, not even one. Why?...Because...you will bring animals home!

Somehow, this never seems to work for us, and rabbits still end up hitching a ride home with us LOL

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Jenniblu wrote:

Somehow, this never seems to work for us, and rabbits still end up hitching a ride home with us LOL

Pam

lol Pam, they know a good chance when they see it.

Jenniblu wrote:

6) Don't pet any rabbits - never, ever, ever, ever. You will take them home.

7) Just don't go - they are addictive.
I agree... but I have one question...

WHY didn't you tell me this BEFORE I went and came home with another rabbit? :disgust:

:brat:

Jenni they are absolutely beautiful. Iwould be hugging them all day. Give them beautiful babies, and Gorgeousvatch hugs and kisses from me.

:love:

Tina

See, you guys are hopeless LOL, How hard can it be??? You go to the show, you leave all the bunnies there!!

Ok Ok I can't talk, we came home with 3 in August, just doesn't work does it???

There is someone somewhere who'll pop up and say oh I have a box you can take them home in. Gawsh!!

Jenni, I never really liked roosters (they scare me) anyway the first guy does look rather goodlooking as far as roosters go.

Thanks everyone - I missed you guys somuch. Pam, Gypsy, Irish Mist, Nicky Snow, and others-It is impossible to not come home with something.The roosters came home in a cardboard box, Ariel, so only bringing onecarrierdidn't help much.

The stripped one was a keeper until the nutty thing kept crowing at330-4AM. Guess the thing about them crowing at sunrise was amyth. They were friendly, but I'd rather have my sweet girlsany day. The guy that got them has always took good care ofhis poultry, so they will have plenty of room to roam and I can stillsee them.

MBB - see nobody warned me either.:cool:

Tina, I gave them all a hug and kiss for you.:bunnydance:

jordiwes wrote:
Too cute Jenniblu! Are they brother and sister? Are theycaged together? What does Zatch think?
Zatch about got his lolZatch's eyes got huge and he ran as fast as his little legs could carry him. :run:

Aw, that's so great that you rescued theroosters and now they can live out their full lives at a goodhome. I don't know the first thing about chickens or whatkind they are, but I love the red colored one. :D

The Silver Martens are absolutely gorgeous! Cute names too. Are you keeping them?

Jenniblu wrote:
jordiwes wrote:
Too cuteJenniblu! Are they brother and sister? Are they caged together? Whatdoes Zatch think?
Zatch about got his lolZatch's eyes got huge and he ran as fast as his little legs could carry him. :run:
Um...I guess I don't follow. WHICH DIRECTION did Zatchgo? Away from them or towards them? Sorry for beingso dumb about this...

Peg

Latest posts

Back