Jack

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aww Tina Jack is such a cutie boy! Kudos to you for taking him in. I think as long as his eye is attended to and the vet gives him the okay you should be fine. I think the only one thing I would be cautious of is approaching him. Maybe always stand on the side of his good eye so he doesn feel like hes being snuck up on! ...good luck with the lil one! maybe he and Kineta can be buddies! 

Jack is such a CUTIE PIE!

Has Jer come up with any names yet... I know he's the name MASTER! so I know it'll be something great!

but he is definatly VERY cute!

I can't wait to see more pics!!!!!

:kiss:

Lissa, thank you. He is a doll.

FeddysMom, we are hoping to bond Stormy and Kineta. As for Jack I'm not sure we'll bond him. Oh wow thank you. I didn't even think of that. I'll keep that in mind and talk to Jeremy and Dale about it. I think he'll adjust fine.

Jan, I just love those ears. Ear rubs are going to be so much fun on this baby.

SPM, That's a good one too. Jeremy loves naming the bunns.

Lyndsy, Jeremy has been going through names. Jeremy said he needs something extra special.

Here are the names so far:

Ivan-glorious gift
Morpheus-bringer of dreams
Otis-keen of hearing
Phylo-frind
Xylon-from the forest

Now just to narrow it down.

Tina

Otis - keen of hearing might be a good one with the missing eye.. usually blindness makes the hearing sharper.. ;) ...I realize he's not totally blind.... plus Otis is cute!

Well Jeremy has just decided on a name. Drum roll please   ...his name is going to be...

Otis. Jeremy said he knows he can't hear better with those huge ears but it looks like he could. So Otis it is.

Tina

He is a cutie! The first name that poped into my mind was 'Popeye'
(Sorry - it was the first one... :p)
Second - I thought of 'Cy' - short for 'cyclops'
But - I do like 'Otis'
May I suggest that the eye socket be sewn shut if and when all the 'eye parts' are gone? That will prevent infections.
I found a stray kitten years ago with a popped out eyeball that was just entirely outside of the socket. Boy was THAT gross looking! And a black cat to boot! But what a sweet thing. It didn't seem to pain her at all, but she had no sight in it. I took her to a vet, and he said it must have been 'out' for awhile. He amputated the eye and sewed the socket shut.
She was just great, but I couldn't keep a cat at that point. With her personality it was not hard finding her a good home! It seems that a one eyed black cat is quite a novelty and everyone wanted one!
A one eyed brown English Lop should be no different!

I hope you get him!! What is wrong with Apollo? is he ok?? I hope so.

Cristy

I must admit I wasn't real crazy abouthte name this time. But after looking at his picture andsaying his name, it grows on you. Jeremy is going to betickled when he reads this.

Christy, Apollo was going into stasis but thankfully we caughtit early enough and he's doing great. He's back to feeling good and Icouldn't be happier.

Tina

Tina, I don't know if you realize it but I amgoing to be part of the transport team for Otis.ThegroupI belong to has done many a bunny transport over thelast year and 1/2 - Vancouver, Canada to southern California, Ohio toNY, Ohio to South Carolina, LaSalle, Ontario Canadato Ohio,etc. My newest bunny, Frodo,was rehomed to me inOhio from Ontario, Canada. Sandra, Frodo's 1st mom, will alsobe part of the travel plans.

We can't always accomodate but we try hard just like the people on thisboard do. Your adoption comes at a good time because Sandrawas planning on coming to visit me anyway on Columbus Dayweekend.If she keeps Otis for a week during thetransport phases, please be assured that he will be in excellent lovinghands. Sandra is truly the kindest most tender-hearted personI know. Theresa, who I met through an Akron rescue, may alsohelp transport. She doesn't visitInternet forumsbut she still offers to help us out. She is also an awesomebunny mom and personal friend

My Bunny Train nameis Frankenbunny after my own 'evil' lop, Dr, Melody Fullmoon Frankenbunny.

Rest assured your baby will be in great hands.

Ann aka seniorcats aka Frankenbunny

Tina Don't worry Otis will be in good handsuntil he comes to you. Just trust in God and Buck will watch over himfor you intil you hug him.

Back