Jack

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read your marvelous tribute to Jack, Cheryl.
You've been an A1 bun-mom, to one special little fella.
I can't imagine a better place for him to have been, than with you. I am 110% sure he knew that you loved him every single day.

:purplepansy: Jack is joyfully bounding through a misty meadow today. :purplepansy:

Oh Cheryl, I am so sorry to hear this. I was just trying to catch up on threads since I havent been on in a while and came across this. My heart is breaking for you.

What a beautiful tribute to Jack. I am in tears reading about how you cared for him; how much you did for him and loved him. I am going through the same thing right now with Basil. He has arthritis in his right hind legs and has been progressively getting much worse. Lately, he really has trouble getting up to hop to his food bowl. I have to have him on vet bed all the time and give him butt baths almost daily. I know how it breaks your heart to see them like that and feel so powerless.

But if Jack is anything like Basil, Im sure he showed you every day how much he loved you and appreciated everything you did for him. He was so lucky to have you there with him through the most difficult times.

I always loved hearing about and seeing photos of all your bunnies, and especially Jack. He always seemed like such a special guy.

I am so sorry and wish there was more I could do, or say, to help, but I know I cannot even imagne the pain you are going through right now.

Im here if you need to talk. Rest in peace sweet Jack.:pray:

Haley

So true Rebecca..Jack had a wonderful six years...he was a good little boy..he was quiet one....he was the kind of bunny that would get into mischief but do it quietly and quickly so noone would ever know it was him....he was such a sweet boy.

Autumn..Jack really was a special bunny..i'm sure if he was a human he would be a ladies man..he was just that kind of boy.

Haley..i'm sorry for what you are going through with Basil...i know it's hard and sad..and yeah it does make you feel powerless...i felt very powerless...but i did absolutely everything for Jack..gosh there were many tears..i just miss him so very much.

I'll be keeping you and Basil in my thoughts..

I know Jack is now bouncing around and around...i picture him in my mind...

Thanks everyone..

You know I still cry everytime I read this and see his picture. You are such a great bunny mom Cheryl!

I am soooo sorry what happen. You did the right thing. I know it hurts so much to put an Animal to sleep. Its the hardest thing. I am sorry. This made me cry. He sure was a cute bunny. I love hes urn too! :pray::hugsquish::hug1

Thanks Helen..I know..it's still very sad...still hurts a lot

Thanks Misty...he really was a very cute boy

Thankyou to you both..it means a lot tome.

Well i got home from work this eveningand i went tocheck my letter box and there was a letter from the Paralowie vet..i opened it up and it was a card....inside it says..

Dear M family

Our thoughts are with at this sad time of letting go.We hope that you will feel comforted in remembering Jack and the happy years you shared.

Kind regards from all the team at Paralowie..and everyone signed it

It made me cry..it was just special..to me...

The front of the card

092.jpg

That's such a lovely gesture :)

I'm so sorry for your Cheryl :hug::hug::hug:

It's natural you are feeling this way, but just remember that Jack had a wonderful life with you, and he loved you. There's nothing more you could ask for him, and this isn't goodbye forever.

Jen

i know exactly how you feel! its so hard to lose your fuzzy kids and the memories are so bittersweet. when my first bunny passed my vet office sent me a card also and i still treasure it. its nice to know others care and share your sorrow as only fellow animal lovers can.:hug:

Thanks Jen,Angela,Rebecca and Julie.

Receiving a card from the vet was just lovely...it's something that just hits you..you know what i mean?.....i cried so much at the vet that morning when i took Jack...i didn't want to let go ofJacks basket...i just wanted to hang onto it just that little bit longer...but knew i had to let go..it wasa horrible thing watching Steven the vet take Jack...knowing that was it...but i doknow he's in a good place binking around happily..it makes me smile and cry at the same time.

Jacks little bottle of emptymetacam is still sitting in the same place..it was kinda weird cause i had just given him his last bit from the bottle just the friday night before i had to say goodbye the next morning.

Sunshine is doing much better now...she's not sitting in Jack's spot as much anymore..she's sitting with Josie and Charlie more again.....she did the same thing when she lost her Daisyas well....it really saddens me so much cause we as humans know...but all she knew was that her friend was no longer there...how very sad.

Just wanted to quickly edit my post to put in Jacks thread that i made so it's all in one place...titled Update on Jack....the beginning...

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=50510&forum_id=16

Again, Cheryl, we're sorry you lost your Jack. No amount of time is ever long enough. We had Commander Bun-Bun for six years, but it only seemed like a moment. She wasn't our first to go to the bridge, but in many ways it was the hardest as she was our very first rescue. Thanks for sharing the pictures and memories. Sometimes I hate this part of the site as it's hard to see and read and not get all teary. Rest in peace Jack and binky free.

OK to heal and reminisce and remember Jack's good life w/you. Extra PM to your inbox. The less-abled kids find superior homes with humans who are extraordinary in their nurse/bun-parent skills. Rainbow bridge baby...

Hugs,

You are an amazing bunny mom, I had to call my husband over to look at your tribute to him and the beautiful pictures and I was already in tears and very touched by how you did everything you possibly can +. My thoughts are with you at this tough time. I can't imagine feeling what you're going through but losing a pet is something I never had to go through and it breaks my heart now, the thought that they have to go someday :(
Thank you for sharing his life story with us all here, that will help with the grieving as well. Thoughts and hugs your way :pink iris: He was very lucky to have you as you were to have him :pink iris:

Thankyou for your kind words everyone...i'm still very sad over losing Jack...i keep thinking about him and the last nine months..the day he stopped hopping :(

He was a fantastic little bunny...even though he had a disability..he still had so much love to give..he was so free with his kisses...i miss that..

Jack giving kisses to my son Jeremy..this picture was taken not long after he lost his ability to hop..he was enjoying a wonderful day outside this day..

023-3.jpg

My baby boy and me..as you can see i gave him a butt bath before coming outside
073-7.jpg

Miss you sweet baby..

Latest posts

Back