Jack

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheryl

Reaction score
Well Jack first off i want to say how i miss you terribly...my heart is hurting deep inside and the tears keep falling..i cannot stop thinking about you...and writing this is devestating.

You were just a little six week old baby when i brought you home back in 2004...you were a quiet boy and you didn't like me touching you..you would always hop away when i tried to pat you...but you would always come to me if i had a treat..you would gladly take it from my hand..then you would look at melike you were saying 'thankyou mum..and i do love you..just in a differen't way'...i played by your rules cause i loved you no matter what.

You would always hang out with Sunshine..she was your favourite out of all the bunnies i'm sure...then you started chasing her around for a bit..which i don't know why..but then you stopped it after a while and you were both back to sitting with each other again.

You were such a handsome little boy and just a delightful little bunny even though you wouldn't let me touch you.

You never had any health issues either..the only thing that you had was gas one day and that was cause i gave you bunnies some broccoli for the first time..the other bunnies were fine so it just didn't agree with you Jack..so i just stopped feeding it all together...other than that you have been perfect.

This picture was taken in 2005..a year after you entered my life

000_0069.jpg

Man you were just ever so handsome!

As the years went by you started to change your ways a bit and would start to let me pat you on your terms..it was a good feeling for me and i was a happy little bun mum.

I would always call you Jacky..and that became your nickname..no matter what..everytime i called your name you would always come hopping over to see what i wanted.

The exciting time was when you started giving me kisses after a few years...i thought i was the luckiest girl and you made me a happy bun mum.

Then around September 2009..i started noticing your hopping looked kind of lazy..and i started to worry so i took you to the vet and got an xray done...that's when i received the bad news..your spine was starting to fuse together near your tail end and this is why your hopping was getting sluggish....after that day at the vet you went downhill quite quick...your eating habbits never changed though..it was just your hopping.

I'm sure you knew how much pain i was in to see you like that..i would always sit with you and cry..and you would just look at me with those gorgeous eyes...making me fall in love with you even more.

I could only watch as your hopping got worse...i would come home in my lunch break to check on you cause i did nothing but worry about you..i even had days off from work cause i couldn't stand the worrying.

The worst was when i arrived home from work and Jeremy was home from school and as soon as i walked in the door Jeremy came to me and said 'mum Jack cannot get up and hop'....my heart broke into thousands of tiny pieces and i just cried into your fur.

You were now disabled..and i took care of all your needs...made sure you had hay food and water...i had to give you butt baths...i know you didn't like that but i think deep down you knew it had to be done...always made sure you had a dry blankie to lay on.

I did everything for you all on my own..except when Jeremy would hold you so i could give you a butt bath.

When the days were warm i would pick you up and take you out the back so you could feel the sunshine in your fur,feel the warm breeze and eat the yummy fresh green grass...i would sit there for hours just for you Jack....just to see that excitement in your eyes made my heart do funny things.

After the sun started to fade away i felt bad by having to take you back inside.

You were my everything Jack...you were always in my mind..and having to do everything for you and spending so much time with you..well it brought us so much closer that i could feel the specialness that we shared..you would give me so many kisses and just wanted to always lick my face everytime i just layed with you which was all the time.

Then just a few days ago i noticed your leg was giving way which was making you lean to your side and you couldn't lay up properly and then i noticed you biting your blankie a lot..i'm sure you were getting frustrated now and i think that was a sign.

I bundled you up and took you to see the vet yesterday 8th May...i had a long talk with Steven the vet..i think i just needed some comforting and advice...and that's when we came to the decision to let you goJack.. peacefully..as you know i bawled like a baby..i petted you gave you nose rubs and i told you that i love you forever..then i said i will see you later..then Steven took you away...what seemed like an eternity the nurse came back and said that you went peacefully and she handed me your empty basket...i just sat there and cried and cried....it was over..you were on your way to the Rainbow Bridge.

This was the last video i made of you Jack..which i uploaded to youtube yesterday

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKlYb89MAN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKlYb89MAN0[/ame]

181-1.jpg

This is how you used to sit up..

003-4.jpg

These pictures were taken just friday night..the night before you left me

I had to propp you up with a blanket..cause you kept going to the side

021-4.jpg

027-2.jpg

047.jpg

For some unknown reason you had your ears up in the air...you had never done that in all the years i had you

Also taken friday night..Sunshine giving you kisses

073-6.jpg

Jack..Sunshine keeps sitting in your spot..it's breaking my heart

Jeremy said to me yesterday 'mum it's gonna be hard not seeing Jack in his spot'

Goodnight my sweet boy..and sweet dreams..i love you forever and ever.

Your heart broken mum...

Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry, it broke my heart reading this beautiful tribute. You are a great bun mom and did so much for Jack up to his last day. He knows how much you loved him. Binky free little boy!:bunnyangel2:

:bigtears:
CHERYL, I'm crying your tribute to our Jack was beautiful.
The video if him just so happy eating the grass.
The last photo's if him are so weird seeing him with uppie ears. That had to be Jack's signal to you he was ready to leave.

If you need to talk my here for you.

:bunnyhug:

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
:bigtears:
CHERYL, I'm crying your tribute to our Jack was beautiful.
The video if him just so happy eating the grass.
The last photo's if him are so weird seeing him with uppie ears. That had to be Jack's signal to you he was ready to leave.

If you need to talk my here for you.

:bunnyhug:
Ditto ^.

Oh Jack..i keep going back to all my memories i have of you..even though you were disabled..i still thought i would have more time with you...

A word i had never heard of before called Spondylosis..upset my happy little bunnyfamily :(

And yeah i found it very weird why he had his ears up like that...i wish i knew why..things had just changed very quickly with Jack from taking that last video on 24th April until a couple of days ago.

I cannot wait until i get your urn back..and then i will feel settled that you will be home with me.

:bigtears:Imiss you terribly Jack

That was so moving. I'm so sorry you lost Jack, but you gave him the most wonderful life, and he loved you so.

Binky Free Jack :rainbow:

Jen

I am so in tears reading about how your special bond with Jack grew. Your story reminded me so much of my bond with Luna. It is the special bunnies who touch our hearts so much more deeply than words could ever express. Jack couldn't have had a better bunny-mom in the entire world.

Binky Free Sweet Little Jack. Your mommy will missher brave little angelso much.

:rainbow:

myheart

Thankyou for your kind words everyone..it means a lot to me.

I have a special bond with all my bunnies..but when you go through something like a sickness or something with your pet..it just makes that bond even tighter...so very very tight.

When Jack started having problems hopping..i turned into a worrying mess..i'm a terrible worrier..and then the day he stopped hopping and became disabled..i was even more of a mess...i had no idea how i was going to get through it..oh boy there were a lot of tears and i was scared....scared cause i had no idea how to look after a disabled bunny...i was literally frightened.

But i took it one day at a time and Jack and me learned together..Jack touched my life in many differen't ways..boy did he ever.

I cannot bring myself to pack up his bed and wash his blankets just yet...i stood by his bed today and just stood there and pictured him there...i pictured him getting excited when he knew i had something yummy for him to eat....his eyes would show his happiness..his actions by the way he would move his body...i pictured all that for ages,i got down on the floor and brushed my hand over the spot wherehe would have been lying :(

In the last few pictures that i posted of him..where he is propped up withthe purple blankie..well that is the blankie i used to put in the basket when i took him to the vet yesterday..well i took it out today and held it close to me..it has his smell on it.

What i went through with Jack and as heart breaking as it was...i would do it all over again...i would do anything for my bunnies.

I have some happy memories to share and pictures...i just don't feel like doing it just yet maybe in the next day or so.

Cheryl, we're so sorry for your loss. Jack sounds like a special little man and you have so many wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing, and, you did the right thing. Seems our Ted (Theodore) had the same thing pretty much and it was very hard to have to say good bye, but we couldn't stand to see him suffer any longer either. Goodbye little man and rest in peace.

Thankyou Larry,

Yep Jack sure was a special little boy..i miss him like crazy :(

I cannot wait until Jack is back home with me..

:in tears:I'm so sorry Cheryl. I haven't been on ROin a while and I'm just now hearing about this. Your tribute is beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss.

Binky Free Jack :pink iris:

Thankyou so much Kirsty and April

I dreaded today which was Monday and having to go to work..i just wanted to be home.

Coming home was the worst cause Jack was always the first thing that i checked on..and i would always walk in saying 'hello Jacky' and of course the other bunnies too.

Jeremy said again today 'i miss seeingJack mum'

I thought i would just post Jack's blog here as well..

http://abunnynamedjack.blogspot.com

Cheryl... I just logged onto Jack's blog this morning and read your last goodbye. I'm so very sorry that he had to leave. What a special precious little man. And truely what an angle you are as well... to stick by him with times got rough. You will be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days... (((HUGS))). Binky free little Jack!!

Sandra

Thankyou Claire.

Yeah..I picture Jack running through the never ending green fields..then finding a big shady tree to have a snooze under,then waking up and binking away..then stopping to have a nibble on the never ending green grass.

Missing my Jack

Sandra..thankyou...I cannot express enoughhow special Jack was and what we went throughtogether...i just will never ever forgot the day my boy stopped hopping..it's still painful :(

Latest posts

Back