ivo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmeh_121

Reaction score
hi...well i dont know what to say lol but i think ivos in labour:shock:

i just saw this big puddle in the middle of the cage and i thaught it was odd for he to pee there when shes ALWAYS pees and poops in the litter tray also..her pee smells stronger than the one she did in the middle of the cage..it smelt wierd...

she hops a bit funny too..she has her tail in between her legs when she hops but her hoping its shef is sorta wierd...i dont knowwhat to make of it..but i thaught id have you thaughts as this is the 1st time iv had a pregnant bun...

shes also acting calmer too..and eating a heck load of hay..she hasnt made a nest thats the thing..and shes suppose 2 be due in 3days...let me know if she is in labour im so worried at the moment its unbearable

kim

Her abdomen will all of a sudden...ummm...thinking of how to describe it...

seem like she is straining to push.. Sorry, I hope that describes it. The contraction lasts about 3 seconds then stops, then she will have another one.

okay well earlier we noticed she was sitting wierd...erm like shes pushing..she was actually just sitting we noticed it a couple of times and then she acts normal she doesnt seem to be in distress or anything also i dont know if i should keep hunny in the cage with her for a while its just it seems hunny is keeping her company...

If she is having contractions for more than a few hours, I would take her to the vet. Most rabbits kindle within minutes of the first contractions. She could have a stuck kit.

theres no vets that are open at this time here and iv got no way of traveling oh god i hope shell be okay:shock:its been about an hour since she was...i hope she isnt tho

Ok, don't panic. You are not for sure if she is even having contractions, right? If she is/was in pain or discomfort, she will probably be grinding her teeth, breathing heavily, etc. Also, if she has a stuck kit, her privates will be swollen/red looking. EVERYTHING WILL BE OK!

Have you picked her up and looked at her? Can you see if she has a stuck kit there? That is probably your first course of action right now.

Peg

Have you taken Hunny out yet? I don't think you should leave her in there. She might hurt the babies and I thought you had them in a smallish cage?

everythings okay we gave her a chek over took her to the vet alltho he did say she will be due very soon ..he said i paniced over nothing but he also said i was right to bring her in and to keep and eye on her.
yeah i do have spare cages i was going to put hunny in it 2day..and iam.

sorry guys for botherin you all i feel so stupid now lol..

There is no reason you should feel stupid. This is what the forum is for. I am glad that she is o.k. and not having any complications. Good Luck. She does have a nestbox, right?

Sharon

noo nothing yet shes alot more laid back tho..no grinding or grunting yet. im getting a home visit from the vet tomorrow she said just to leave her in her cage coz traveling will probably stress her to shell come down to chek her...she hasnt even started building a nest yet..its a bit worrying..could that possibly mean that she might not take care of them??

Back