ivo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They may not start building a nest until immediately before giving birth to them. Literally, nothing happens for a while then all of a sudden there is a TON of fur in the box and if you look closely, it will be moving.

Sharon

Yeah mine only built a nest just before giving birth, prob an hour or so because i checked her at 6 am and by 10 there were babies, no nest before hand though so don't worry too much about it

Dodge built her nests while she was giving birth, and both times it was all done in about 5 minutes and she was off to munch on her pellets.

How is Ivo today? Any more news to report? :)

aww still no news..been keeping an eye out for her all day nearly shes acting all confused..her nipples dont feel really big either..is that normal??

its just wierd..hunnys are actually huge:shock:

and ivos just feel kinda small..her due date is suppose to be 2morrow..hopfully theyl come 2morrow:goodluck

I think it is important to remember that nest building is different for each and every doe.

Miss Bea has had a few litters now. Litter #1 was nest building for days before giving birth...then tearing the nest apart...then rebuilding it.Litter #2 was nest building earlier in the day. Litter #3 was nest building frantically and giving birth 30 minutes later. Litter #4 was frantic looks of "Why didn't you REMIND me?" and "That's what you put this in here for?" as she built her nest and delivered. Yet...she had agreat nests each time.

Calypso has been building her nest for 3 days now. At one point she puther stuffed toy lion in her nest....then she took it out a few hoursl ater.

Acacia played with her hay and then suddenly - nested and poof..had babies. She nested about 30 minutes before giving birth.

Some does like to nest then destroy it and rebuild. Others...couldn't care less. They'll build the nest when they please and just give 'em the hay and nestbox and walk away as they don't want to be bothered.....

It is usually first time mamas that won't nest even at birth....or pull fur. This is why I keep an eye on them and tend to stay up all night watching them...

Peg

okay a couple of questions..what does is mean when her belly is sort of hard

also what does it mean when they kits are near the bottom of the belly??

thanx

kim

If she's grinding her teeth, then she's in pain. She may be having contractions.

I'm not sure about the hard belly, is it hard all the time, or does it go hard then relax?

It's good that she built a nest, hopefully she'll use it.

--Dawn

its relaxed now...she only grinded her teeth a couple of times thats it..to be honest her belly doesnt feel that big..its like big but not really big its hard to explain i felt her tum earlier and i was so amazed there was a couple of movements and bumps not alot tho..

Latest posts

Back