I've got my first litter of kits... yay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Dave! I'm glad someone is still enjoying my photo updates. :) So thanks for that, too!

I won't argue about Monster. She is very adorable and so darn sweet.

More pics. Took them to their new outdoor pen for play time last week and they had a ball.

Monster!! She's more photogenic outside. She binkied and ran laps, but always came to check in w/ me before playing more. So funny.

IMG952011042995175237.jpg

Popeye!! The boys were all over the place and wouldn't sit still long enough for pics. Hope was scared to death of being out there. She thought she was going to get eaten. She freaked out while out there and about gave me a heart attack. But she's fine.

IMG952011042995180305.jpg

Popeye!! I love this little girl, too. She'll be going home w/ the buck's owner in a couple weeks... it's going to be hard to see them go. :( So that means, I get to keep Monster! They're going to get tattooed also, the poor things. lol

IMG952011042995174957.jpg

I have some cute pics of Lilly I'll share in her thread w/ the others I added last week. She's so comical. A true Elop! :D

P.S. They are 8 weeks old today!! May 4th.

I love the photos....my litter is 3 1/2 weeks old and I can hardly wait till they get to that age.

I'm so glad you get to keep Monster- I was hoping it would work out that way.

Thanks, Peg!! Got any new pics of your monsters? LOL I really liked the 3-5 wk age range. So cute at that age, still cute now, but getting almost too big to be considered cute. hehe

Yes, I'm very happy I get to keep Monster. I just love that little doe. Full of personality. Took her to the 4H meeting Monday evening to show how much they'd grown and they were shocked it was the same litter. They've more than doubled their size in a month. I carried her around, as she seems to prefer that. Then I set her down at my feet to hop around and she would NOT leave my feet! She stayed right on my shoes... I tapped her butt to get her to hop away and she refused. A few minutes later, she jumped up on my legs like a toddler holding out their arms to be picked up... so I obliged and picked her up just like a toddler and she snuggled right back into my arms. She has me well trained. Such a mama's girl. :)

oh I love it when Becky does that. How could you ever look into a little bunny face and not pick them up? "pweese momma, i'm scawerd" :)

You're right, Brandy, I couldn't resist her wanting me to pick her up. At least she likes being held. Hope doesn't care for it, but I still do it just to annoy her. :)

Thanks, Carley!

Me, too, Corely!! :D MNSTR is a great idea, then I won't even have to think of any numbers, MNSTR is long enough. She's had an "M" in her ear since she was about 4-5weeks old so I could tell her from everyone else. Now I know just by looking and when she comes up to me or tries to jump out of the hutch every time I open it. Every. Single. Time. Then she gets mad when I don't let her jump out and stop her.

They'll be 9 weeks old tomorrow! I'm going to start weaning this week! My babies are growing up. :(

I'm weaning the kids today!! I'm just going to take Hope away from them so they're not stressed from leaving the hutch. Hope will be living on my porch until my other half gets the other hutch built. :)

They're 9 weeks and 2 days old today. And SOOOO BIG!

I bet Hope will be glad to get away from them by now. Was she still nursing them?

Well I never got it done! Cleaning my porch has become its own task, which I HATE! :) It's more like a storage room than a porch so I have to find where to put the crap that's in there before I can really get it cleaned out and somewhat bunny proofed temporarily. This weekend for sure though. It needs to be done. They're getting too old to still be on her and she'll be a year old on June 3rd. Although she is VERY tolerable of them and has been a wonderful mother. Super thankful for that.

I don't think she's nursing them anymore, but then I never saw her nurse them when they were tiny either. She's sneaky about it. I haven't felt her teats lately to see if she's got milk or not. And her kids haven't bothered her for some time for milk so I doubt they are. I think she weaned them herself.

Kinda of a bittersweet day Sunday... took three of my baby bucks to a friends. She bought one, so took three for her to pick from. She's bunny sitting and taking the other two to a show next weekend to sell/show for me. She's been so awesome in helping me get some good rabbits to show/breed. She's also tattooing them, doing their pedigrees and registering them for me. Bunny friends are GREAT!!! :D

So all that is left here at home is Hope, two does (Monster and Popeye) and one little buck for Flemish. I know their will be more in time, but I miss the little buggers!! Not so little anymore though. They're HUGE! Twice the size of my friend's Dutch! LOL

Hope will be one year on June 3rd! The day we leave for Colorado for a short vacation. So happy early Birthday Miss Hope!

Latest posts

Back