I've got my first litter of kits... yay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took some new pics last night and today, but will have to wait to upload them tonight. I left my camera cable at the BF's house, oops.

I'm down to six, lost the little runt pictured on the far right of the last group shot. But I'm okay w/ it. Now everyone has a nipple and they're all growing and getting fuzzy and have nice fat tummies.

They're a week old today and are starting to actually look like baby bunnies. SOOOOO CUUUUUTTTTEEEE!!

Another week or so before the real fun begins. You will be sick of pics, I promise. :D

Sorry, Larry!! I'm just as bummed as you are. Because I'm at the BF's and I still can't find my dang cable. I have two but can't find either one of them! GRRRRRRR

I will figure it out eventually.

Okay, Larry, Brandy and Peg!!! CABLE HAS BEEN FOUND!!! WOO HOO

Here ya go.... six days and one week old.

So cute!!!

Hope022.jpg

This is my little one w/ an owie on its chest I'm watching, but so far so good.

Hope027.jpg

I love this shot of the group. Their coats are so nice and shiny!! The chunky monkey on its' side is the one that usually lays on its back w/ belly up. So funny, yet very cute at the same time.

Hope026.jpg

Oh my....I'm in love - and SOOOOO excited. Seeing your babies is making me excited about Thunder that is.

Your babies are adorable - I love the one on its side...well - I love all of them and would take any one!

Thunder is due tomorrow and I'm waiting anxiously.

By the way - at this age - if you lightly clean them with a damp paper towel you can usually tell how many girls and how many boys you have - by h ow they pee.

Girls dribble...boys shoot.

Congratulations :) One of my does pulls that much fur too, she's insane, she starts pulling it about a day after she's mated!

Thanks, Peg!! I'm excited for your upcoming Flea-lops, too! LOL Can't wait for pics and updates also.

Oh, thanks for the sexing tip! The one I'm holding in the 3 day old pics is most definitely a boy. I pulled him away from me when he peed on me the first time and it was shooting big time! I couldn't believe how much pee he had in him. He peed on me twice in like 2 minutes. Leave it to a boy to do that!! :biggrin2:The other two I've held for pics didn't pee on me so maybe they're girls and being more polite.... lol... yea right.

Is there any way I can mark them at this age so I know who I think is a girl and whose a boy? That's not going to be permanent, of course? I think the one on its side is the boy, he's the biggest of the group, but the rest are catching up. Amazed how big their feet are already...

Thanks, Ciara!! Oh funny, your doe is insane and likes to plan ahead apparently. Hope waited until right before kindling to start pulling.

What cute little balls of wrinkles! Permanent marker in their ears works. It maybe lasts for a week but depends if momma cleans it off.

I don't want to do it again because of all the poop and pee and our doe, Beelzebunny died 4 weeks after she delivered. I have 8 of my 9 kids living here and they are not much help taking care of the 4 bunnies we are keeping (3 of the kits and the daddy). I find it to be too much to deal with, we also have 2 dogs (one is still sort of in the puppy stage) and 6 cats (2 are my adult daughter's).
I did enjoy the whole experience and do like the 3 babies, the daddy is growing on me but my heart belonged to the evil Beelzebunny who seemed to really like and trust me and no one else.
Today we were in Tractor Supply buying Timothy hay and they had several blackish bunnies about same size (guessing age) as ours, one was soooo sweet I was tempted. It nipped some sense into me lmao. Ours have been handled so much, while they are not huge cuddlers, they seem to like some personal snuggle time with me. They lick, not nip. Beelza would bite, really aggressively when pregnant then stopped, at least me. Not in the mood for more bruises and blood loss.

Thanks, Sarah and for the marker tip. I wasn't sure if that would hurt their delicate skin or not or mama if she tried to clean it off.

Wow, Cheryl... you've got your plate overloaded. Sorry you lost your doe. :(

More pics... sorry... I can't help it and I have to share them w/ someone. :) 8 day old pics. So can't wait til their eyes open.

Another pic of Hope, my professional lounge bunny in her cage chillaxin, as usual. :)

IMG952011031795175115.jpg

Here you can spot my upside down sleeping boy w/ a sibling on top of his head. LOL

IMG952011031795172255.jpg

A close up... lol

IMG952011031795172315.jpg

And an awwwww.... so hard to get them to sit still for these pics.

IMG952011031795172649.jpg

Thanks for looking. :D

Oh my goodness they are absolutely positively adorable!!!
Hmmm I wonder if raising flemish giants is like raising Great Danes???? I've done that twice and won't do it again.

Oh my goodness - I'm in love.

We just fed ours a little bit ago. I couldn't tell for sure if they'd been fed (but they did have some poops - just not very big tummies). So we made up some formula and fed them and got them to pee, etc.

You're about a week ahead of us....so now I remember what I have to look forward to!

I love the last photo - I love all of them - but especially that last one!

Thanks, everyone!!

LOL, Angela. I don't think so. Danes are MUCH bigger and eat a LOT more than Flemish.

I was shocked to see at 9 days old last night after getting home from the rabbit show, that many of them already have one eye open!! Yay!! I thought that was a bit early though???? So far they've not started exploring, but they could if they really wanted to. They're strong and big enough.

So here's eye open pics of two of them.

IMG952011031995194754.jpg

And one of them. They did so good holding still for pics. :)

IMG952011031995194655.jpg

Thanks, Dave!

So I shouldn't be concerned about eyes starting to open this early? I thought it didn't happen until they were 2 weeks old. We're not there until Thursday.

I can't wait until they grow into those huge heads of theirs. LOL Poor things. :)

id also say they are right on time. So cute! If any of them dont have their eyes open by day 14 you can take a paper towel and wet it. Gently wipe their eyes and help open them.

Latest posts

Back