I've got my first litter of kits... yay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, lets see. they should be eating out of mom's food dish about now and drinking from a water bottle or bowl.

More pics please!

Wow, thanks everyone!!! I'm glad you've enjoyed watching them grow, and that they sure are!! :)

They will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. :D And they've been eating out of their own food dishes plus mom's for 2 weeks now. They have their own water dish, but also use mom's water bottle. Hope also uses the water dish when she's too lazy to get up and turn around to drink from said bottle... LOL

I'll get more pics of them tomorrow for their 5 week birthday, but here's a couple teasers w/ Monster... oh yeah.... I sexed a couple of them and the two largest kits appear to be DOES!!! So yep, poor "Monster" is actually a GIRL, I feel so badly. I hope I haven't given her a complex by calling her a boy all this time. She's still a big sweetheart and likes to snuggle. And after a breeder friend of mine re-sexes them for me this weekend and she is a girl, I'm definitely KEEPING HER!!! And even if she's a he, I'm KEEPING him! :D

They also don't spend much time in the bedroom anymore either. They'd rather use mom as a jungle gym and cuddle buddyin her part of the cage now. They pile on top of her and each other quite regularly, it's soooo cute!! She's also a lot more laid back now that they're not trying to nurse constantly. I haven't actually seen them looking for the spigot in some time now. Hope is a lot happier and she's so good w/ them.

Me and "Monster"

IMG952011041195215744.jpg

"Monster" chillaxin in my lap. She's just so dang sweet!!! I LOVE HER!

IMG952011041195220208.jpg

More pics tomorrow, promise. Problem is they don't stay still very long at all, so we'll see how it goes. haha

Oh they are still sooo adorable, I'm glad you decided to keep little Monster/Monsterette I'm sure either way they won't have a complex they're too cute to let anything us dumb humans say affect them LOL.
YAY! More pics coming!!!

wow, at 5 weeks they look slightly larger than my full grown mini lop or satin, much bigger than the angora! I'm glad your keeping monser/monsterette. What great bunnitude :)

Such precious babies! Can't get enough of them! I have one left waiting to go to her new home and the one I'm keeping but I go through the photos from time to time. I miss the little brats LOL

Okay, sorry that took so long, didn't feel well yesterday, so took pics of some of them in the wee hours then couldn't get my computer to cooperate and gave up! :)

Here's a pic taken at just about 4 weeks old. I thought they were cute sitting there eating their greens.

IMG952011040195151554-2.jpg

Hope and "Monsterette" sharing their greens. Awe... Same age as above.

IMG_2158.jpg

5 weeks now.... Baby bun butts. lol I only took 3 out as they're harder to keep track of since they're bigger, faster and more mobile.

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

Guess whose stealing the show? The other two w/ her are both bucks. One has the cutest and funniest ears. I just love it, gives him character.

IMG_2162.jpg

Enjoy!!!! :D

Thanks, Angela! They are so fun to cuddle w/ at this age. When Hope's size, it's a little harder. lol

Yes, feeling better, thanks!

L.

amdfarm wrote:
Okay, sorry that took so long, didn't feel well yesterday, so took pics of some of them in the wee hours then couldn't get my computer to cooperate and gave up! :)

Here's a pic taken at just about 4 weeks old. I thought they were cute sitting there eating their greens.

IMG952011040195151554-2.jpg

Hope and "Monsterette" sharing their greens. Awe... Same age as above.

IMG_2158.jpg

5 weeks now.... Baby bun butts. lol I only took 3 out as they're harder to keep track of since they're bigger, faster and more mobile.

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

Guess whose stealing the show? The other two w/ her are both bucks. One has the cutest and funniest ears. I just love it, gives him character.

IMG_2162.jpg

Enjoy!!!! :D
So cute! They need to come to Indiana to visit for 10 years or so.;)

I am hoping the bucks owner doesn't choose monterette as they one he wants. That would be bad. The good news it you don't need another cacge right away for monsterette she can stay with Hope for a little while!

Okay, Dave, send money and they can come live w/ you! Well, four of them anyway... LOL

Corely... He won't pick her, as I've already claimed her as my favorite. He just wants a doe, that's all I know. He hasn't even seen them yet and will wait until they're weaned to pick his then. Monsterette and Hope are buddies. She's very much a mamma's girl and they eat, sleep and lounge together all of the time. So yes, thankfully they can stay together for some time.

LOL, Larry! Same thing as I told Dave applies to you, as well. :)

Baby buns were 6 weeks old Wednesday and they're really growing!! 3.5-4lbs now. Ears are 5", which is awesome, and they're starting to stand them up more now.... super cute. Their ears look bigger than they are now. LOL

I'll try to get some pics later today.

I also sexed everyone tonight and marked ears to keep track. Little bummed at my odds. I've got FOUR bucks and only TWO does. :( I have a feeling I might not get to keep Monster afterall. :( The other doe is Popeye and she's getting over nestbox eye and I'm not sure the daddy's owner will want her or not. She is a bit bigger than Monster, but her eye is healing wonderfully. UGH!!!

Will keep ya posted!

I always think the stud should get second pick lol. I mean they haven't went through all the feed the mothers owner has and taken care of them exc. But that's how I roll.

and they are SOOOO beautiful!

I sure hope you get to keep Monsterette! Nest box eye is no big deal, it isn't like it is hereditary or anything. It also usually does not permanently mess up their eyes so she would still be showable in the future.

LOL, thanks,Crystal! I like how you roll... :)

Thanks, Corely! I'm going to do everything in power to keep Monster, and yes, I still call her Monster! She knows her name. :) She boxed and nipped at me today while I was playing w/ them. She's a little turd. She also tries to jump out of the hutch every time I open the door. She seems to think she rules this house. She is sorely mistaken. My female cat does. LOL

I had a breeder tell me if you show a bun that has had nest box eye, thata good judgewill notice. I'm also not sure what he's going to do w/ his pick either. Breed, show or sell. She's a nice bun, too, and I'd be happy w/ either one since I've worked w/ both of them so much.

A few 6 week old pics. They'll be 7 weeks tomorrow and Hope is still being very tolerable of her kids. Good bun bun.

Nappingafter eating their salads.

IMG952011041695150138.jpg

Monster!!! So sweet and innocent... LOL

IMG952011041695145745.jpg

I thought this was HILARIOUS, so had to take a pic. Hope honestly thought because her eyes were covered that I couldn't actually see her! Hello, Hope, You Are Huge! Just because you buried your face in your kids doesn't mean you're hiding. She's so funny!! I love her!

IMG952011041695145902.jpg

Enjoy the pics!!! They're really growing up and I'm a little sad at how fast they're growing, but I knew it would happen! sigh....

LOL, thanks, Dave and Larry! Yes, they have HUGE feeties for sure.

I took some more pics of a couple of them this evening... will get them up here after awhile. Have to download them first.

More pics, as promised!! :) 7 weeks old today, took these last night, so close enough... lol

MONSTER!!! Look how big she is compared to the other pic of her on her back in my lap. She doesn't fit in my lap anymore. :( Love their airplane ears!!

IMG952011042695192140.jpg

Monster again. She's not very photogenic unless I'm holding her. Too big for that now, too! LOL

IMG952011042695191801.jpg

One of the bucks. I really like this one! He's a good looking boy. (Can't keep them all, can't keep them all... ) LOL

IMG952011042695192555.jpg

He's obviously a bit more photogenic than Monster! Again, LOVE their ears!

IMG952011042695192619.jpg

Buck checking out my big male cat, Biscuit (short for Seabiscuit.) He's 14lbs, almost as heavy as Hope and long bodied. BIG kitty. The buck did sniff him, but he moved too fast and it came out blurry. My cats are NOT amused w/ the bunnies at all, they're scared of them. LOL

IMG952011042695192649.jpg

Latest posts

Back