It's nearly official!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Konotashi

Reaction score
I'm getting so excited! My dad said that he'll pay for my BEW lop, and that he would try with PayPal (but he's pretty sure that the account his PayPal is linked to isn't any good anymore), but he said that if that doesn't work, he'll send in a check tomorrow.

GAAHHHH, so excited! :bunnydance:

I don't have many name ideas, but I want it to be something that has to do with blue, or water or something like that. So far I've got Kaye (see here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX4_3cV_3Mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX4_3cV_3Mw[/ame] )

Here's a picture of my possible soon-to-be-mine bun. :) Photo by breeder.

LilBEWBuck2.jpg

Slight change of plans - I go to my dad's every other weekend, and I left some (very important) stuff over there, so I had to run back today and get it. He gave me cash to pay for the bun, so I'll pay for him when I pick him up.

EEEEE! I'm so excited! :D This is more exciting than when I got Salem! (That sounds mean!) xD But when I got Salem, I didn't have the rabbit I wanted picked out already - I just happened to stumble across the perfect bunny. :3

Names..names...:ponder:

Blue, Sky, Rain, Aqua(love this one), Indigo, Opal, Water, Mist, Cobalt, Baby Blue, Bloo, Blui, B, Ocean, idk any more, if you need more help, ask

Very cute! Is it a boy or a girl?

When you mentioned water... I thought of 'Mizu' which I believe is Japanese for water.

He's a boy. :)

Oh! I didn't even think of that! I know the kanji for mizu, too! :D
I was thinking of colors, but blue in Japanese is ao (pretty much pronounced ow). xD

White is Shiro! Oh, now I'm getting some ideas! x3
The only thing that would drive me nuts naming him something in Japanese, is that people will slaughter the pronunciation.... (I took Japanese for 2 years, so I'm picky when it comes to the pronunciation.) 9_9

Konotashi wrote:
The only thing that would drive me nuts naming him something in Japanese, is that people will slaughter the pronunciation.... (I took Japanese for 2 years, so I'm picky when it comes to the pronunciation.) 9_9
My sister took it too. And I know she has to make sure I say the words she taught me right. She taught me Shut up and Stupid lol

I'd name that cute li'l bunbun something easy like Ame or Umi (rain and ocean respectively). I'm jealous~

Konotashi wrote:

I was thinking of colors, but blue in Japanese is ao (pretty much pronounced ow). xD

Well if you like how the Japanese name sounds and you want tohers to be able to pronounce it then be unique and spell it out exactly how it sounds.
for example ...
"Rabbit" is "usagi" spell it "Oosagee"
"Small" is chiisai spell it "Cheesigh"
Those are just examples, but find a word you like then you can find it in japanese then spell it out how you like and how it sounds so people will know what it is and how it sounds too. I like that idea :)

Konotashi wrote:

I also thought of blue but I thought the pronunciation would be difficult haha Mizu seems less likely to be destroyed, it's a bit easier I think...

I totally know what you mean, I did Japanese for many years and I absolutely hate it during like the olympics when people are trying to say the Japanese names and they destroy them! they should have to pass a Japanese pronunciation test before they can be a commentator of baseball on the olympics.

keep thinking, give us a short list to consider you want :)

So far I really like Kaye, Shiro, and Mizu. Niseko is a ski resort in Hokkaido, and I like that. (I named my Glaceon in Pokemon Niseko xD ) Snow is white, skiing, white bunny.... :3

I'll go look at my Japanese notes for more names. xD

what about Kawaii... it means cute, lovely, charming, darling etc. might be better for a girl though, but I'm sure a boy bunny won't be offended if his name means cute. And I'm guessing it wouldn't be said wrong as much as some other Japanese names because it is just like hawaii but with a K.

I think people would think Ame would be Amy which I reckon would get really annoying... but it is obviously your decision to make!

One thing I have with kawaii, is that so many people pronounce it as kowaii, which is the exact OPPOSITE. Kowaii means scary.

So far, I think my favorite is Shiro. I still have a week to decide though. Hopefully it'll click when I see him. :3

Since our schedules are so hectic, and next weekend is Halloween, we will be picking him up this Sunday, hopefully. :D I'm going to die before I even get to see him! xD

Latest posts

Back