Itoshii's Warren

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't updated in a while. I've been dealing with some suckish life-type stuff.

June 13th: Hitsugi-chan's one year gotcha day.
June 28th: Doctor diagnosed me with Chronic Depression and started me on 20mg of Fluoxetine (Prozac).
July 12th: My blood tests came back normal, so my doctor upped my Prozac dosage to 40mg.
July 29th: Scheduled for group therapy, individual therapy, and a medicinal evaluation by a psychiatrist.
August 3rd: Ob-gyn confirmed my self-diagnoses for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
August 13th: Started the birth-control Sprintec to help with the side effects of the PCOS.
August 24th: Psychiatrist diagnosed me with Type II Bipolar Disorder.
August 25th: Psychiatrist upped my Prozac dosage to 60mg in an attempt to override the interference, and consequently, unchecked aggression, that the birth-control was causing.
October 23rd: Maayatan's second birthday.
October 28th: Changed my major from computer graphic applications to biological anthropology.
November 1st: Sam was put to sleep at age sixteen. He was the best dog I've had the privilege to know. R.I.P.
November 11th: Made my first piece of 3D work for the first time in 2.5 years.
November 13th: My 23rd birthday.
November 23rd: Maayatan's two year gotcha day.
November 29th: Psychiatrist added the antipsychotic Abilify to my list of meds.
November 30th: Tabi got spayed.
December 1st: Started the last stage of group therapy.
December 17th: Stopped the Abilify because I inherited Akathisia Syndrom as a side effect. Going to try Risperidone (Risperdal) instead.
December 20th: Left for Vermont to see my mom and little sister. The kids are over at Aunty Ashley's for two weeks. Hopefully they won't chew too many holes in the carpet.
January 2nd: Handmade a bed out of fabric scraps for my sister's guinea pig, Mochi :)

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/NRdDyvpvSD8&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Mr Reita-chan's hoomin slave, tweakedoutbunnie, got into an... altercation with her mother, and Reita has been kicked out.

Naturally, I couldn't allow my nephew to end up in a shelter, so I've taken him in until a permanent home can be found. I would love to keep him, but my step-mom's crazy.

54.png

55.png

She doesn't look impressed, but Maaya's secretly happy to see her boyfriend.

56.png

57.png

58.png

59.png

Tabi doesn't appreciate the intrusion, and bit me for my trouble =_=

60.png

Taken 1/25/2011. Adopted 8 months and 23 days ago.

61.png

62.png

63.png

64.png

65.png

Taken 1/25/2011. 2 years, 3 months and 2 days old.

Just a quick picture update of the kids. My step-mom is trying to kick the rabbits out. Much drama ensued, and apparently we're at a grudging stalemate where I can keep them, but they have to be outside. This royally p*sses me off, but I'm trying to make the best of it, and hopefully my uncle will help me build a double hutch for them =_=

66.jpg

Miss Hitsugi-chan. Taken 4/10/2011. Adopted 1 year, 9 months & 28 days ago.

67_1.jpg

Miss Maayatan. Taken 4/23/2011. 2 years and 6 months old.

68_1.jpg

Miss Tabi-chan. Taken 4/23/2011. Adopted 11 months and 21 days ago.

[align=center]I love you my little baby.[/align][align=center]柩 Hitsugi-chan
June 13, 2009 - May 2, 2011
[/align]

She died right in front of my eyes.

It's so hard to breath right now.
[align=center] [/align]

---June 9th---

My parents decided last Saturday that I can no longer keep my rabbits.

The short version is that my priorities are not in order because I focus too much on the rabbits, and I'm not emotionally stable enough to have pets. That's what I've been told.

I've tried talking, pleading, bargaining, and full out crying. I'm on the verge of being kicked out myself, so I know pleading for the rabbits is pointless now.

I don't want any money for them. I just want more than anything for someone to love them as much as I do.

In an effort to not have an emotional breakdown, I've been applying for jobs and I've started taking my medication again.

I don't want to be sad anymore.

And I want to get out of here.

---June 20th---

On Saturday, my rabbits are going to go live at the Harvest Home Animal Sanctuary in Stockton, CA.

I'm trying really, really hard not to cry.

With the house move coming up in only a few weeks, it was the only real option left.

The lady I spoke to, Karen, was very reassuring.

"We are a House Rabbit Society Chapter also and we screen our adopters very carefully. We adopt out to indoor homes only and we do a lot of bondings so rabbits have companionship."

I feel relieved that I know they'll be well looked after and that their new owners will have to pass a screening process.

But it still doesn't make it easier that my babies are been taken away.

---June 25th---

I spent the last few hours with my girls this morning.

Photo17.png

Photo18.png

Photo19.png

Photo20.png

The shelter turned out to be a really nice place.

There were ducks, chicken, turkeys, and bunnies all over the place. A couple goats too.

I feel bad for the lady running the place because she had to deal with me <i>and</i> Ashley crying as I was signing the surrender papers.

She said I'm welcome to come down and visit on Saturdays.

When I left, Maaya was stretched out and nomming some hay, and Tabi was checking out a boy bunny named Wally.

The shelter has a really extensive adoption process, so I feel better knowing they'll make sure my girls go to a good home.

When I got home I alternated between sleeping and crying for a few hours. Now I'm just drained.

I forgot to take Bob (Tabi's stuffed bunny toy) to the shelter, so now he's on my bed.

I'm saving the emotional mess of breaking down their cages for tomorrow.

This breaks my heart. I'm so, so sorry your bunnies are gone. Is there any way for you to volunteer at the shelter so maybe you could see them? Or would that be too sad (I'd understand if it would be)?

Rest assured though that they are in a kind place with lots of care. I hope things will get easier for you soon.

:hug2:

Latest posts

Back