Itoshii's Warren

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jujub793 wrote:
very adorable bunny!:)
Inle_Rabbitry wrote:
That is known as a Marked Vienna, in particular it is the combination of a blue eyed white and another vienna carrier.

It's a very beautiful color, but not showable.
tonyshuman wrote:
What a gorgeous girl!
Elf Mommy wrote:
just gorgeous!!
OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
Yes, her color is black. :) The reason she has blue eyes and a white spot on her nose is because she carries the vienna gene, which is what creates Blue-Eyed White (BEW) rabbits. When a BEW is bred to a normal colored rabbit, they produce rabbits like yours, called Vienna Marks (VM's) because they are a normal color (black, for instance) but the vienna causes blue eyes and random white markings.

VM's are not showable, but can be very useful in BEW breedings projects. For example, if a VM is bred to a BEW, they will produce BEW kits. :)

Edit: Also, she is not considered broken. A VM is considered solid color, since the vienna is what causes those marks.
slavetoabunny wrote:
Such a stunning rex!!!! I want!
butsy wrote:
she's gorgeous!
Thank you for the help and lovely comments guys :biggrin2:

I knew she was a special little bun as soon as I saw her.

I think I will wait until after they're both altered to try and bond them. For now I'll just get them acquainted so Maaya doesn't think I'm letting strangers live in her room ;)

I had Maaya and Ryuu out on the living room couch earlier (neutral territory), and Maaya started with the dominant mounting behavior right off the bat. There wasn't any biting though thankfully.

And Ryuu kept trying to shove her nose under Maaya's tummy. It looked a lot like she was searching for food :twitch:

I parted them a few times, but Maaya was pretty single-minded about it, so I just separated them.

Then Maaya kept climbing on my lap and looking at me, almost like she was telling me she's the alpha bun and I should like her best XD

Oh, and Ryuu has a little problem with nipping my fingers, so we're gonna need to work on that :foreheadsmack:

I guess poor little Ryuu just wanted Maaya's attention, but Maaya's not interested right now :rollseyes

Guess we'll try again once Maaya is spayed and Ryuu gets bigger and spayed too (poor baby kept getting run over!)

So on Tuesday I went and bought Ryuu a stuffed bunny toy to cuddle with. I saw her grooming it earlier ;)

27.png

Taken 5/6/2010. Adopted 4 days ago.

28.png

Taken 5/7/2010. Adopted 5 days ago.

I woke up to Miss Ryuu cuddling with her stuffed bunny friend. I named him Bob!
29.png

I tried out Kaytee Soft Granule Blend Small Pet Bedding (27.5 liters) since it's cheaper than other brands, but Maaya was not pleased, and proceeded to shove it all out of her litterbox.

It also had a tendency to stick to poor Ryuu's fur.
30.png

Taken 5/7/2010. 18 month and 14 day old.

So I had no choice but to be a good slave and buy her favorite, Carefresh Natural Pet Bedding (60 liters)
31.png

Ryuu likes Carefresh too!
32.png

Mister Reita has stove pellet bedding, which he isn't thrilled with. I think he wants his mommy to buy him Carefresh instead -looks at tweakedoutbunnie meaningfully- :wink

33.png

Taken 5/7/2010. Adopted 10 months and 24 days ago.

And Miss Hitsugi doesn't seem to have a preference as long as she gets fed, so she'll be finishing out the bag of Kaytee bedding.

Once cages were cleaned and bowls were filled, everyone settled down for the evening with a nice slice of apple :hearts

I think Miss Maaya is upset with me. She's been generally grumpy for the past few days.

I don't know if she's jealous because now I have another bun AND I'm housing Ashley's boybun while she's moving.

I am trying to spend time alone with Maaya.

I know I need to get her spayed, but before that, I kinda want to take her in just for a wellness exam to make sure her grumpiness isn't medical-related.

I dunno...I feel bad :(

I'm still a little concerned because Maaya's leaving uneaten cecals in her cage for whatever reason.

So I gave her a dose of powdered Bene-Bac in her food to see if we can get things back to normal.

I also gave Ryuu and Reita a dose too. Can't do any harm :)

As an incentive to get them eating,
I used a little apple-grape juice instead of water to wet the food down. And boy, it works like a charm! All three of them were face first in their bowls ;)

When I got home after an eight-hour work shift last night, Maaya was running around and binking all over her cage!

So whatever it was, I guess she's feeling better :D

There was only one uneaten cecal when I woke up this morning, so I'll be keeping a close eye on her just in case.

I went and bought her some new hay today because she's been turning her nose up at the Kaytee Natural Timothy Hay (24oz). I got her Kaytee Natural Orchard Grass (16oz), which is sweeter than timothy hay, so hopefully she'll like it :rollseyes

I've decided to change Ryuu's name. Since my other baby's are named after Asian music artists, I'm going to carry on the tradition.

Her new name is Tabi, after T.O.P <3 BIG BANG LOVE!!!

Not that she'd know anyway because I just call her "Baby Bunny" for now XD

Name: Tabi Ryuu Chi no Bara (T.O.P from the Korean group Big Bang, and "Ryuu Chi no Bara" literally means "Dragon Blood Flower" in Japanese)
Breed: Mini Rex
Fur Color: Short hair - Black Vienna Marked
Eye Color: Blue/gray
Gotcha: 5/2/2010

Some bunny's just don't like hay. I have a couple of buns that are not big hay eaters. One prefers to chew new openings in her cardboard house.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Some bunny's just don't like hay. I have a couple of buns that are not big hay eaters. One prefers to chew new openings in her cardboard house.
Since I cut back in her pellets, Maaya has been eating more hay. She was just being a picky little bugger :p

It is now to the point that anytime I'd get near Mister Reita's cage, me and anything else nearby gets wet. And not in a good way :grumpy:

He's discovered the joys of spraying, and shakes his little tail every time he hits a target.

It must be because he was in the same room as Maaya, and of course I smell like girl bunny.

So unfortunately until his mama can move him into the new house, he's been moved in to my bathroom.

The smell of boy could curl your hair as soon as you walk in, so his cage is getting a good scrub down with bleach tonight :lipsrsealed:

Oh, and Miss Maaya thought it would be fun to try spraying me too yesterday...

Her spaying appointment cannot come soon enough.

Yesterday Miss Tabi-chan got some exercise in the hallway, complete with binkies :biggrin2:

35.png

36.png

37.png

38.png

Taken 5/15/2010. Adopted 13 days ago.

And apparently today she was feeling pretty relaxed XD

39.png

Taken 5/16/2010. Adopted 14 days ago.

Took Maaya in yesterday morning for her spay, and Ashley brought Reita for his neuter.

The receptionist probably thought I was nuts when I handed over ziplock bags of pellets, hay, cheerios, blackberries and bedding, and a food bowl, water bowl, and water bottle XD

Had a mild "Omg, I'm never going to see her again" attack when she was taken to the back @_@

Called back around 4pm (after being on hold on and off for an hour), and I was told they were both doing fine in recovery.

Ashley and I went to pick them up at 8am this morning, and I shelled out $140 >____<

Thankfully her stitches are dissolvable, so I won't have to take her back in.

The vet gave me 3 single-use syringes of Metacam. Apparently they weren't willing to hand over Tramadol.

I managed to miss her mouth with most of the first syringe, so I went out and got infants' ibuprofen (
berry flavor oral suspension :p) to help take the edge off the pain. I figured out the dosage using this wonderful calculator.

I also got thesesyringes and gave her some gas meds, water, then a little bit of banana baby food.

Reita went through the same routine, sans ibuprofen since I actually got the meds in his mouth >.<

Maaya's currently meatloafed in the corner of her cage. I think she's p*ssed at me >_>

I put a water dish in front of her, and I believe I saw her drinking a bit on her own.

She's peed a little, but no poop yet, so I'm keeping a close eye on her.

Reita's eating, drinking, and output in normal of course :p

Maaya's Schedule
Wednesday
- 0.2cc Metacam (missed most of it)
- 0.3cc Target-brand Infants' Concentrated Ibuprofen
- 0.3cc Target-brand Infants' Simethicone Gas Drops
Thursday
- 0.2cc Metacam
- 1 tsp Bene-Bac powder
Friday
- 0.2cc Metacam
Saturday
- 1 tsp Bene-Bac powder
Sunday
Monday
- 1 tsp Bene-Bac powder
Tuesday
Wednesday
- 1 tsp Bene-Bac powder

---Edit 5:00PM---

I moved Maaya's food bowl over next to her, and she took a couple bites of pellets. I'm so proud of her *_*

Latest posts

Back