Itoshii's Warren

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itoshiixhito

Reaction score
This is Miss Maaya :biggrin2:

Name: Maayatan Mochi Itoshii (Maya from the Japanese group LM.C (when he was Miyavi's guitarist), Japanese candy, and "Itoshii Hito" (My Beloved) by Miyavi)
Breed: Holland Lop
Fur Color: Short hair - Black Tortoiseshell (aa B- C- D- ee)
Eye Color: Chocolate brown
D.O.B: 10/23/2008 - Gotcha: 11/23/2008
Also known as: Maaya, Baby-bear/-girl, Bunny-bear/-butt/-love, Channy-bear/-buns, Little-girl/-mama, Maaya-bear, My-chan/-tan, MyMy-chan/-tan

1.png

2.png
3.png

Taken 11/25/2008. 1 month and 2 days old.
4.png

Taken 2/11/2009. 3 months and 19 days old.

7.png

Taken 3/3/2010. 16 month and 8 days old.
8.png
9.png

Taken 3/13/2010. 16 month and 18 days old.
10.png
11.png

Taken 3/28/2010. 17 month and 5 days old. With my cousin Hopper.
12.png
13.png

Taken 4/4/2010. 17 month and 12 days old.

And my other baby Hitsugi-chan!

Name: 柩 Hitsugi-chan (Rhythm guitarist from the Japanese group ナイトメア Naitomea)
Breed: Syrian
Fur Color: Short hair - Agouti Grey
Eye Color: Black
Gotcha: 6/13/2009

34.png

Taken 4/4/2010. Adopted 9 months 22 days ago.

4/23/2010

I finally have monies, so I decided to get Maaya's new cage together since she's exactly 1½ years old today ^_^

I got the "cage" part yesterday, and it was a total pain. Went from Target, to Walmart, to another Target before I found the metal squares. But the spaces between the bars were too wide, so I had to return it and drive across town to a Bed, Bath & Beyond that thankfully had the right ones. Then Ashley and I went on a trip to get the coroplast today ^_^

The cage took hours to make, and my fingers are raw from the zip ties, but it was worth it. It's 3.5x2.3x2.3ft. It ended up being too big to get through my bedroom door, so I had to cut it in half then reassemble it again >_<

I tied down the hay mats to the second level with hay ties, but since I'd already installed the second level first, I had to sit inside the cage to finish it XD

14.png

She went from this...
15.png

...to this!
16.png

Exploring her new home~
17.png

18.png

Taken 4/23/2010. 18 month old.

Material rundown
Wire cubes x2: $14.99 ea
Coroplast: $10.00
Cable ties: $5.57
Timothy hay mat x2: $7.99 ea
Litterbox: $6.22

---Edit---

Until I've found something to cover the slippery coroplast, I tied the second level up against the bars so she can't get up there. I don't want her jumping between levels and hurting herself.

4/24/2010

I woke up at 6:30AM to Maaya leaping and sliding about like it was the rabbit ice capades @_@

I put sawdust down over the coroplast until I can find something better. She tends to tug and dig at my sheets when she's on my bed, so I'm hesitant to use fleece or towels. And I don't want to keep using sawdust because it's going to get expensive and messy to keep covering an 8ft² floor :twitch:

Anyone have any ideas on what I should use?

Pictures
©itoshiixhito, not for public use :thumbup

Great cage set up. For the bottom of the cage you could use carpet remanets, cut to size. May have to watch the bun carefully, to see if the carpet gets chew on.

I have a question regarding the coroplast. How do you seal the corners?

What a great beginning to your blog! Maaya is such a cutie! Is she really that great of a passenger in the car? Love all the pictures.

Walmart or even some dollar store sell the carpet square that you can place on the floor so she doesn't slide all over. Its' the size of a doormat. That's what we use. Or you can also get the foam mat that you would find in the baby section. Just be careful she doesn't chew on it.

Maaya is an absolutely adorable little girl!

Thank you for the lovely comments :)

hln917 wrote:
Is she really that great of a passenger in the car?
She's pretty well behaved. I usually drive left-handed, so I pet her while we're on the road so she stays calm.

If I put her on my lap, she climbs all over the place and gets up on my shoulders
:panic:

19.png

Taken 4/25/2010. 18 month and 2 day old.

I ended up buying
Gold's Gym 6-Piece Puzzle Mat yesterday. I cut them to fit the cage, then duct taped the seams underneath.

So far I saw her nip at it once or twice, but I guess it doesn't taste good as she hasn't done it since XD

I also took the second level down for the time being. I'll put it back up once I make a ramp
:twitch:

We're currently going through a trial-and-error time to get the cage arranged the way she wants it XD

20.png

Taken 4/30/2010. 18 month and 7 day old.

And I've started teaching her tricks! We're working on spinning around in a circle right now.

But just to make it interesting, since I'm teaching myself Japanese [not so much (
at all) this semester because I've been swamped at school], I'm teaching her the commands in Japanese.

Once she's got circling down, we'll start on "come here"
:thumbup

So, we have a new house guest!

21.png

Please meet Mr Reita-chan. His hoomin slave is tweakedoutbunnie (aka Ashley)

He's staying with me while Ashley's moving into a new house:panic:

22.png

He knows Maaya is in the room, so he's running laps around his cage and thumping his foot to warn me of danger. I woke up just in time so see him tip his igloo over on top of himself :rofl:

23.png

Taken 5/2/2010. 18 month and 9 day old.

Maaya is not pleased with the new house guest XD

itoshiixhito wrote:

10.png
11.png

Taken 3/28/2010. 17 month and 5 days old. With my cousin Hopper.
Oh, and I found out yesterday that Hopper is actually a boy. Turns out he was so well-behaved the first time he met Maaya because he was too young to have...those kinda feelings towards her :lipsrsealed:

When he came over yesterday for a bunny play date, my niece called to me, "Hey, are they fighting?"

I checked him to make sure, and well...now we know. But I don't think they were together long enough for anything to happen
:twitch:

And in better news, I had my college grad party yesterday, and I got enough money to get Maaya spayed! I'm going to call Monday to make her appointment :biggrin2:

itoshiixhito wrote:
I seem to have bought another rabbit... :twitch:

haha what does that mean? :?

I love that you're teaching the commands in japanese, I learnt japanese for a while myself :)

crystal wrote:
itoshiixhito wrote:
I seem to have bought another rabbit... :twitch:

haha what does that mean? :?
Lol. I mean I literally bought another rabbit.

I'm pretty sure she's a girl. About 8 weeks old. Black Rex with a smudge of white on her nose and lower lip. Her right whiskers are white, and the left are black XD

And she has the prettiest gray/blue eyes.

I've finally decided on her name. Ryuu Chi no Bara (lit. Dragon Blood Flower) :hearts:

haha the way you said 'seem to have' sounded like it might have happened rather quickly or was sort of forced upon you in some way... like dumped on your door step or something lol

so where is she coming from? sounds really cute, never heard of a rabbit having different coloured whiskers on each side! I hope to see pics of that soon.

do you plan to eventually bond maaya and the new rabbit?

Well I wasn't planning to get a rabbit, but I saw Ryuu's little face (and my friends were peer pressuring me), so I ended up coming home with her :p

I got her at
Pet's Choice, which is a local pet store, but they're actually knowledgeable about the animals they have. And they get their bunnies from a reputable breeder in the area. Ryuu's up to date on all her vaccines and everything :)

I'm going to try and start getting my bunnies bonded soon. Sadly due to space issues in my room, their cages can't be next to each other, but I'm taking them both out into the living room today to let them exercise.

And I'll see if I can steal my dad's camera and get a few pics
:thumbup

Maaya is adorable. I love your pets names :biggrin2: If your ever looking for someone to practice Japanese with, I've been trying to learn it too!

Can't wait to see pictures of Ryuu! She sounds pretty.

itoshiixhito wrote:
Well I wasn't planning to get a rabbit, but I saw Ryuu's little face (and my friends were peer pressuring me), so I ended up coming home with her :p

I don't know what your talking about. I did no such thing!

tweakedoutbunnie wrote:
itoshiixhito wrote:
I don't know what your talking about. I did no such thing!
LIES! :p

-drum roll- Introducing Miss Ryuu!
:biggrin:

25.png
26.png

Taken 5/3/2010. Adopted 1 day ago.

And Miss Maaya won't allow her spotlight to be taken away for long :p

24.png

Taken 5/3/2010. 18 month and 10 day old.

Wow Ryuu is stunning! She does have amazing coloured eyes, even bluer than I expected, and I love the little white spot on her nose.

Umm she's still pretty young, I wonder if it might be better to wait until after she is spayed to start the bonding? I think that is usually the advice I see around here... I would hate them to have a bad experience that made bonding hard down the track. Getting a lot of the hormones out of the way really helps...

Latest posts

Back