Is this the right measurement cup?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm from Indonesia and I didn't measure things with cup or ml for solid things, so I'm kinda confused if this is the right measurement cup to measure pellets, Vegetables and others?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221215-162129_Shopee.jpg
    Screenshot_20221215-162129_Shopee.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 0
Measuring is by volume, so the cup you have is fine--we have those and also plastic scoops in various size, using them mostly for cooking measurement, but, they also work. Also have a food scale, but it is in grams so it is not useful for rabbits.
Ah, is gram not the way to weight the pellet??
Sometimes ago I search about how many gram in oz and when I calculated it, my rabbit (400gr) eat around 50gr pellet/day

Is this wrong? 😱

I have pretty much always gone by grams since "cups" and other stuff just confused the lights off of me.
But 50gr of pellets for a 400gr rabbit is definetly too much, especially if you feed them daily veggies, unless said rabbit is still younger than 6 months.
My adult rabbits of 5 to 5.5kg got about 40-50g pellets daily. So if your rabbit is an adult and truly that tiny, then i guess for you, measuring a few tablespoons of pellets works equally well.

I have pretty much always gone by grams since "cups" and other stuff just confused the lights off of me.
But 50gr of pellets for a 400gr rabbit is definetly too much, especially if you feed them daily veggies, unless said rabbit is still younger than 6 months.
My adult rabbits of 5 to 5.5kg got about 40-50g pellets daily. So if your rabbit is an adult and truly that tiny, then i guess for you, measuring a few tablespoons of pellets works equally well.
Hoppy's 2 month and 27 days, and a Netherland Dwarf..

But actually, I read one or two articles that mention about giving unlimited pellet for younger than 6 month old rabbit, but after I gave her almost unlimited, she didn't touch the hay, so I measure it, and somehow ended up with 50gr pellet/day...

Now I need to calculated more carefully and she's 500gr now<3

Oh boy, was I confused when I started to use american recipes :)

Turns out, things like Cup, Tablespoon, and so on are exactly defined measurements,

1 Cup=238.6 ml - for this usage 1/4 Liter is close enough.
1 Tbsp = 14,7ml

Ah, is gram not the way to weight the pellet??
Sometimes ago I search about how many gram in oz and when I calculated it, my rabbit (400gr) eat around 50gr pellet/day

Is this wrong? 😱
I can see your confusion when trying to convert grams to ounces. There are liquid (fluid) ounces and weight ounces. One liquid ounce is not the same as one ounce of weight (1/16th of a pound). That is why I clarified that the measuring cup you pictured is for liquid measurements.

So that 1 liquid measuring cup can be used to estimate 1 cup of greens. It can also be used to estimate, say, 1/4 cup of pellets. It did not occur to me that you might be referring to the oz measurements for the pellets. Grams are weight. The ounces in the liquid measuring cup are volume (not weight).

Anyone that has an electronic calculator can convert easily. 12 of our cookbooks have conversion tables, or you have a computer, evidently, so it isn't too hard to find with one--not like when I was in college--slide rule was our calculator--Texas Instruments came out with one in my senior year that was $399 and it had 4 functions, add, subtract, multiply and divide and was the size of my biology text book.

I can see your confusion when trying to convert grams to ounces. There are liquid (fluid) ounces and weight ounces. One liquid ounce is not the same as one ounce of weight (1/16th of a pound). That is why I clarified that the measuring cup you pictured is for liquid measurements.

So that 1 liquid measuring cup can be used to estimate 1 cup of greens. It can also be used to estimate, say, 1/4 cup of pellets. It did not occur to me that you might be referring to the oz measurements for the pellets. Grams are weight. The ounces in the liquid measuring cup are volume (not weight).
OMG I should have done my homework back then T.T
Now, I'm easily confused
Thanks for your explaination!!
It's very helpful for my slow brain T.T

Anyone that has an electronic calculator can convert easily. 12 of our cookbooks have conversion tables, or you have a computer, evidently, so it isn't too hard to find with one--not like when I was in college--slide rule was our calculator--Texas Instruments came out with one in my senior year that was $399 and it had 4 functions, add, subtract, multiply and divide and was the size of my biology text book.
I'm sorry, but, the truth is my math's very bad...
And I don't actually understand how things are converted and it left me in more confusion, but, I'll try to understand it more from now on, thankss

Measuring is by volume, so the cup you have is fine--we have those and also plastic scoops in various size, using them mostly for cooking measurement, but, they also work. Also have a food scale, but it is in grams so it is not useful for rabbits.
I have a food scale that has pounds, cups, ounces, grams.
It works great for l leafy veggies. I use measurements according to my bunny's weight.
As my bunny always acts like she's hungry. I need to weigh everything or I may overfeed her.

Latest posts

Back