Is this normal for a new zealand white?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun Mom

Reaction score
Cute little Blossom is a wild bunbun!

When I get near her cage she's all sweet and standing up for me to gether out. She doesn't struggle when I pick her up or hold her foratleast the first 5 minutes then she wants down. Once she's on thefloor, she's all over the place that I hardly get to touch her now.Sometimes when it's time for her to go back in her cage, it's hard tocatch her and she'll struggle.

Benny(french lop)and Joon(holland lop)were a littleolder when I got themand never this hyper. Is it possibleshe's like this b/c of her breed? I do enjoy watching her. She's like awhite streaky blur when she gets going...hahaha.

That's how myRed NewZealandwas. They are all the same breed, (Reds,Whites, andBlacks) juts different varietys. They are sweet and gentle,but do want to move around, and exersice. My Ruby was one ofmy favorites, when I took her to rabbit shows. I would sit and hold herand I would hypnotize (sp) and she would stay that way for half anhour. I wouldnt recomend doing this unless you know hat your doing. Myuncle, and ARBA judge taught me, and I Practiced it so I feelcomfotable doing it. Hope the bun works out, and I'm sure he will.

Chels

Alright, that makes me feel better. I figured itwas the breedbut was kind of worried that I was going to havea freaky bunny again. We had baby chicks when I was a kid that my momwould hypnotize and she showed us how. It was the funniest thing b/c wewould lay them on their backs all lined up and they'd stay there.

I won't worry about Blossom and let her do her thing. I'm sure aftershe's been here awhileand discovered everything in the roomshe'll let my love on her. It is a blast watching her!

Hello,

I don't know if it means anything, but all of my reds & whitesare like that. They have a mind of their own. If you work with her, sheshould learn to sit still and listen, but they're just like smallchildren... *wink wink*

Kat

I dont think New zealands are any more hyper thanminilops or any other breed.I have raised minilops and new zealands.ithink its more the age than the breed.bluebird

Latest posts

Back