Is this a Flemish Giant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
[align=center]The vet said she's probably 3 months and she's pretty big!

2011-03-02195332.jpg

2011-03-02195244.jpg

2011-03-02195254.jpg

2011-03-02195323.jpg

Me holding her:
imagejpeg_2_6.jpg

(this is at GLRS)

Excuse the fact that I look like crap =D

I looked up Flemish Giant fawn babies and she looks just like them. As does her almost identical sister...

Sooo yeah. Whatcha think?

Well I'm no rabbit expert :p but if she's that big at 3 months old, and her giant ears... I think that's a dead giveaway. She looks exactly like a flemmie to me!

[align=center]Thanks for the answers =)! I hope more people come so I can get more! 8D!

[align=center]Sweet! =D
Yeah they thought she was 6 months but when she got spayed the vet told them otherwise.. hence the 3 months. =P! Only an estimation. But as soon as I saw her and her sister I was almost 100% sure they were flemishes. But of course I need some help from all of you 8D I'm grateful for the answers!

[align=center]Yeah I was thinking fawn flemish. Cause when I look at young fawn flemishes they look just like her!

I've never seen a Palomino rabbit in real life, are they rare? They seem like they are! That'd be cool if she and her sister were! =O

Well if her sister wasnt the fawn color or if they get above 11lbs then they are definitely flemish. But she does have those flemish ears

cute :)

[align=center]I'm not sure I understand the "if her sister wasn't the fawn color" =O???

Yeah, she is very cute =)

I actually adopted her... *sheepish look* Love at first sight! <3 Didn't think I'd actually get her though.. =D

Gunna take extra precautions this time... She doesn't seem interested in other bunnies at all though. So I'm not THAT worried. I shoulda known not to adopt Soleil when they said she showed interest in other bunnies. They obviously didn't know rabbit language and didn't tell me that her body language was aggressive when she saw other bunnies.. Well.. ya live and ya learn..

My mom and I didn't even tell my dad. XD Well I told him after the fact. But he leaves it up to my mom all the time and she liked her too so we didn't even bother asking him. XD He doesn't mind though. He never sees my bunnies and I take care of them so yeah. XD

We don't get to bring her home for a while until she heals from her spay though.. =P

by the shape of her head, ears,blocky body, size and color she defonatly looks to be flemish to me, Flemish are lovely bunnies if handled daily they can be the "Gentle Giants"!

@Peg: Um.. honesty I would not know. She's maybe around.. ahh I don't even know what I could estimate her weight..

@Tobi: Yes I know =) I have a flemish giant. I plan on handling her a lot because I am hoping her gentle giant personality would be similar to Silas's =) I know it wn't be identical though. =)

i meant that if her sister wasnt the fawn color like your bun then its highly unlikely they're pals. Palaminos are all the same color. But i agree with everyone else. Good luck with your new flemmie baby

thank you woahlookitsmee =) i cant wait to bring her home.
I was surprised to see her at the rescue. This is the 3rd flemish I've seen in a rescue/shelter and the second fawn one. The first fawn one (which was after Silas) was male and full grown. =O

Nancy McClelland wrote:
Those definitely look like Flemish ears. Very cute bunny too.

[align=center]Yay! =) I was hoping she was a flemie. Of course I don't care what she is cause I loveeee her, but it makes me extra happy =) lol! She is cute isn't she? =)

rabbitgeek wrote:
Okay, I vote for Flemish too.

So how much does she weigh?

Have a good day!

[align=center]Sweet :biggrin:

Um, I'm not really sure to be honest! I'm thinking maybe 4-5 lb? She feels similar in weight to my dutch and mix right now. At only 3-4 months :shock:

Yield wrote:
rabbitgeek wrote:
Okay, I vote for Flemish too.

So how much does she weigh?

Have a good day!

[align=center]
Sweet :biggrin:

Um, I'm not really sure to be honest! I'm thinking maybe 4-5 lb? She feels similar in weight to my dutch and mix right now. At only 3-4 months :shock:
[/align][align=left]I'm probably going against what everyone else is saying - but as a flemish breeder - to me she is more of a mix - or she's younger than even 3 months. By three months - most of mine are AT LEAST 5 or even closer to 6 pounds I think.[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]I have some flemish mix bunnies that were closer to that weight at that age.[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]Then again - everybody's lines can mature differently - but she just seems "smaller" to me than a flemish would at that age.[/align][align=center]
[/align]

Latest posts

Back