Is the relationship over? :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like your vets approach... he realizes that all surgery is a risk and if there is no real cause for it, then there is no real reason to do so. I would take a wait and see approach. You may, for the short term need to manage them differently. Generally speaking Flemmish are calm, quiet animals and mix well with others. Until her hormones settle (and she's only four months you've a ways to go yet before they settle). You can't really consider animals bonded until they are both fully mature anyways, so give it some time. I wouldn't be rushing into surgery on a four month old flemmish.

She already did it silly. Now is the time to be hoping that the rebonding goes well!

Good luck Penelope!

I'm glad you were able to get her spayed and that it went smoothly! Spaying, when possible, is definitely in a doe's best interests since it virtually eliminates their normally very high chance of getting cancers of the reproductive system and makes it possible to bond two rabbits safely. I was worried for a moment (while getting caught up on this thread) that your vet wouldn't do it or that you wouldn't be comfortable having them do it because they seemed inexperienced with bunny spays - thankfully everything worked out great!

Keep in mind that it can take up to a month for a female's hormones to dissipate completely, so you may want to wait until it's been 3-4 weeks since her spay to resume bonding attempts. This also gives them time to forget about their fighting.

It sounds like things were off to a promising start until hormones reared their ugly heads and M/F is the easiest pairing anyway, so there's a good chance things will go smoothly from here on out!

I love taking pictures of my bun buns. Thanks for all the comments and positive feedback! When I called the vet and told them she was getting aggressive, they set up an appointment for me right away. She is doing great, and gets her stitches out on Tuesday. I'm very hopeful that getting her spayed will help her an Oliver bond....after a couple weeks of healing of course. [ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1386507487.145489.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1386507523.123692.jpgATTACH]6271[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1386507364.307430.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1386507364.307430.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 54

Latest posts

Back