Is rabbit sick or ticked?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominus

Reaction score
So, I woke up late being up later than usual. My rabbit ( 3.5 yr old mini rex) usually gets fed by 10 Am and around 5-6 pm. I woke up at 1 pm. Wasn't too keen on eating his greens. Granted he's usually napping between 1 or 2 through 4 pm. And he had been eating hay during the night ( with a big pile of poop in litter) he hasn't eaten, he seems to be breathing fast. He laid down in his litter to get away from me. He just seems testy today. Not aggressive just standoffish. I think I woke him up and he's annoyed at me. ( He has refused to eat if woken up during nap time before) He's not switching positions often. He did start to poop fresh in his litter tray, so I'm confident it's not GI stasis. I'm going to keep a watch on him, but could it just be I interrupted sleep and he's po'd at me?

Yes, that's certainly possible. Rabbits can sometimes be less inclined to eat if they are woken up during their usual napping time. But I would keep a close eye to make sure he is eating and behaving normally this evening.

Quick update. Didn't eat the rest of day. Turned his nose up at a strawberry. Went to vet hospital. Vet said he felt gassy. Gave him two shots. We came home and he ate for a solid hour. ( Guess between the car ride, the handling and the shots his guts got moving) Woke up, he pooped at some point recently and he's eating again.

Latest posts

Back