Is my rabbit underweight??? Please help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kashif

Reaction score
Hi my rabbits is almost 6 months and I was wondering if he is underweight can some e please help me image.jpg

I think the rule is if the rear haunches feel boney to touch then your rabbit is under weight, my little Bambi’s weigh goes between 1.8kg when she is sick to 2.4 when she is well and Nugget is a stead 3.4kg and looks chubby when he sits upright but slender but sturdy when moving. The spine should feel bump but no high peaks.

Hi my rabbits is almost 6 months and I was wondering if he is underweight can some e please help me View attachment 51255
Hi, he doesn't look too skinny to me from your photo, can you weight him and also can you share his daily diet plan with us? What pellets he eats and what hay and what vegs/greens if any? Does he poop as normal? Misses his cecotropes? How long is he with you?
He looks fine to me tbh

He does not look underweight at all. We are used to seeing pics of bunnies who are too fat, most pet bunnies are.

I'm not that experienced, but my Thrianta (which research says they are very comparable in size to a Dutch) is 6 months and one week, she weighs 4 lbs right now and the vet says she looks perfect. Not sure if this comparison is valid, just a thought.

Latest posts

Back