Is my rabbit going insane?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnysdreams

Reaction score
I don't know If I've done anything wrong. My rabbit and I are still getting used to each other and we had a pretty great relationship. I got busy and didn't have time to pay attention to my rabbit for a couple of days, so she wasn't allowed to walk around in the living room but had to stay in her own. Next time I tried to pet her she was calm. But now she has been urging to bite stuff (like her toys) and keep growling even when I'm not around. Do I need to get this checked or is she just mad at me?

I've had her for a while. But she used to be outside most of the time, but since the neighbors have got cats I decided it would be safer to keep her inside. Shes still getting used to humans

Is she spayed? How long have you tried getting her used with humans?

If not spayed it can be hormonally. She’s ready to mate, I know doe that aren’t spayed will have shift humor because of hormones, often tells they want to mate and some doe get really grumpy, territorial and biting. My doe before spayed had periods she was really grumpy at me, noticed it more when she was indoor than outdoor because you notice these behaviors easily.

It also can be she dosen’t feel good and act out which some rabbits also does.

She could be upset. Rabbits don't usually like changes to their routine. Being away from her could also have caused her bond with you to lessen as well. Spending quality time with her is the best way to reform a bond.
https://flashsplace.webs.com/bondingwithyourbunny.htm

You also want to make sure she is eating, drinking, and pooping normally. If she's not the behavior could be because she is feeling unwell and you would need to take her to an experienced rabbit vet right away.

Latest posts

Back