Is he trying to groom me?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah93

Reaction score
So my buck, I would call him Aslan but some of my family doesnt like that name...so I guess its not his official name...anyways he kind of licks and then nips me a little bit.
Is he trying to groom me or is he just nipping me?
Its different then when my doe does it, he does it more gently and she does it like shes mad at you and wants to get out of your face lol
So if hes grooming me I dont want to discourage him from doing it, it doesnt really hurt or anything.
What do your bunnies do when they groom you?
Do they do things similar to what hes doing, or is it completely different?

Thanks!!

Sarah

Is Aslan neutered? I believe he is love-nipping you... could be a little hormonal boy thing. It may mean he wants you to groom him back and is giving you a little prompt.

My boy Kirby, has been neutered for a long time now, doesn't ever groom me but will snuggle up next to me. Then without warning he'll give me a little nip, telling me it's time to give him some love.

kirbyultra wrote:
Is Aslan neutered? I believe he is love-nipping you... could be a little hormonal boy thing. It may mean he wants you to groom him back and is giving you a little prompt.

My boy Kirby, has been neutered for a long time now, doesn't ever groom me but will snuggle up next to me. Then without warning he'll give me a little nip, telling me it's time to give him some love.
Yep! How old is he? Sounds like neuter time almost. And you can read some stuff in our library about neutering. I've had two neutered and they came through great. Females fare a bit worse as the surgery is more invasive.;)

Nope, hes not neutered and I dont plan to neuter him.

He'd be getting hormonal like that at nine weeks??
He doesnt just love me...?
lol
I think he'd be grooming Eva more for hormonal things...

And yes, I am separating them very soon.
So please dont tell me theres danger in them breeding...because I know :p

Latest posts

Back