is he fat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lop

Reaction score
hi everyone, i was just wondering if all rabbitslooked like they had too much skin when they sat down or is it thatbugsy is a bit fat? that loose fold of skin when he sits down is whati'm on about....

recently i had to change him from a diet of veg, herbs, grass and hayto one with pellets and alot less veg. he loved the change and adaptedwell, he gets pellets in the morning around 1/4 cup and herbs/veg inthe evening and unlimited hay and grass. he's just over a yea old.

so should i worry about his "fat bit"?

Hmmm...I've honestly never seen anything likethat. I don't think it's fat, but just like you said, extraskin. Did she lose a lot of weight quickly? Or isshe thin? I can't tell from the photo. Maybe havingone from the front and/or side would be helpful too. As longas she can still clean herself, that flap isn't necessarily a problem.

Jen

Aw, bless his heart. He looks like his pants are falling down. He's still adorable!

As long as he's not having trouble getting around or cleaning himself,he should be fine. It just looks like loose skin.

Laura

That is unusual. Maybe he will lose it in timeas he adjusts to his new diet. Rabbits do get fat, I remember we wereembarrased to tale Liquorice in for her injections but the vet said shewas only slightly overweight compared to some he saw.

I take it Bugseyis part French Lop ? the length of theears suggest he is , How much doeshe weigh . How old is he

It not uncommon to see Skirts on FrenchLops I have a French Lop Doe with askirt to die for andShe is NOT fat . All french lops and some frenchcrosses develope skirts its not uncommon.

A lot of "skirts" have to do withgenetics. If your rabbit is part French lop then the extraskin is just part of the genes because french lops are much bigger thanhe is. Definitely nothing that will cause him harm.I have seen it before on mini lops and french lops. It isnormal but not wanted. He is a very handsome bunny though.:p

Sharon

i am creased up laughing here at poor macho bugsy with a bunny skirt!!!!!

sorry i dont know how much bugsy weighs, hes just over a year old, hecan clean himself fine and get to his bottom with noproblem.i've had him since he was 8 weeks and his "skirt" hasbeen there since he was around 9 months old.

its so funny when he runs in the garden, alls you can see is all his xtra skin wobbling above his white fluffy tail.

i never knew he was part french lop so i'll tell him that after i break the news to him that he has a skirt!!

thanks for setting my mind at ease.

here he is flaked out in his bed..

Wow! That rabbit could be Peanut's twin :shock:

The coloration is identical (coat, ears, tail, etc.) Just like my girl,right down to the "butt skirt" ;) Peanut has had that since we adoptedher three years ago, along with an impressive dewlap (that shrunk onceshe lost weight).

I just figured it was extra skin (she sure does have a lot of it). Never knew it could be due to French ancestry...

(you can sort of see it in this photo, that extra roll across her backside)
2504Peanut_kicking_back-med.jpg

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

Lop - I don't want to misinform you...I didn'tsay that your bunny was part French...I only said if he was partfrench. Your bunny most resembles a mini lop or a cross withsomething and mini lop. Sorry if I misled you...Still though...Definitely a CUTIE!

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Lop - I don't want to misinform you...I didn't say that yourbunny was part French...I only said if he was part french.Your bunny most resembles a mini lop or a cross with something and minilop. Sorry if I misled you... Stillthough...Definitely a CUTIE!

hey, thats fine, we love him no matter what he is, skirt and all :D

both my kids make bugsy "talk" with a sweet little voice, so now they are making him speak french.......:shock:

lop wrote:
inever knew he was part french lop so i'll tell him that after i breakthe news to him that he has a skirt!!
My daughter, Ally,says he must be part Scottish if he's a boy and he's wearing a skirt!

Tell him it's a kilt. That will make him feel better!

Laura

ok, last picture of bugsy with his skirt, he's totally mortified that i'm posting his skirt pictures for all the world to see

:tears2:

Lop, that is THE MOST adorable bunny.Ever. He looks like his pants are saggin' Littlegangster bunny :p

Latest posts

Back