Is Choppy Bum Normal???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gezabella09

Reaction score
So,
My Chop is about 7-8 months old.
And over the last 3 months he has just been the most affectionate little thing in the world. He hasn't been done yet and i would have thought he should be getting a bit stroppy but he is the least stroppy bunny i have ever met.

Whenever we walk past his house he bounds over to us and chases us from one end to the other as we walk past.

He makes the oddest arfing sound ( a bit like a seal ) when he sees us and wont stop until he gets picked up and cuddled.

When its play time we put him on the floor to have a scamper but all he does is sit on the floor by the edge of the sofa until either my boyfriend or I pick him up.

He has a pillow ( that is one of our pillows in bed ) that he sits on when he is on the sofa and he will just lick it and lick it till it is ringing wet.

When he is on the sofa he is always having his head tickled and his ears played with and when he is sat with us and if even for a second we stop the tickles he makes the same arfing sound and nudges us with his head as if to ask what the heck we are doing stopping.

I read on here about some buns not being anything like this and wondered is is coz he is a flat bunny or if the arfing actually means he is sad? I would be mortified if it means he is sad as he had made me the happiest slave in the world since I have had him.

:?

PopcornTower.jpg

ThePowersofDaddy.jpg

roxy is horrified at this behaviour and will be having words with young chop. she hopes that he will soon be showing a bit more bunitude - scattering his hay all over the place and throwing his food bowls. she also notes his proximity to soft furnishings and can only pray for the day when he shreds them.:)

hartleybun cant be bothered to move from his bed to comment:p

I think the sound he makes is related to sounds that males make when they want to breed. In your case, I think he's just using it to get attention and pets! No biggie.

Yup...

That sound is very familiar since we have a little male that is just about ready to be neutered...he hopps around buzzing and making little "arfing" noises. It also means he is very happy. So no worries there!;)

It sounds like he has decided you and your boyfriend are now his mates...hence the licking of the pillow and his love of cuddles! Lucky for you it sounds like he hasn't decided to mark you guys yet...which is normal bunny boy behavior to show you are his and vice versa....
For bunns who don't have mates and are around humans this is their behavior! We used to have a male who did this! He also liked to spray my hair and give me love bites which were cute but horribly painful! lol We had him neutered and the lovesongs stopped and so did the spraying and nipping. I always missed his lovesongs thereafter!

He sounds like an extremely lovely young man! You are very lucky to have a bunn who loves youso much!:D

Danielle

Latest posts

Back