Is anyone here Vegetarian?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrots

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been vegetarian now for almost a year (not bad because im only20). I was just woundering if any of you are vegetarian.... especiallyAmericans. In England we all get the impression that American loveMcDonalds and similar places.... is there any vegetarians on here?

Please take my quick poll

Luv

Cat x

I've been vegetarian since I waseleven. I'm twenty two next week :D. The fewAmericans I actually know dislike McDonalds as much as I do, and preferto eat home-made food.

BTW - I only live down the road from you, in Redcar! :bunnydance:

Nope, but I do know several including mysister. I like a lot of vegetarian dishes though, and Ialways make sure I have enough edible food around for her when shevisits.

And I don't usually like fast food unless I'm craving fatty junkfood. Usually I try to eat at home or go somewhere like a subshop instead.

Rogue wrote:
I've been vegetarian since I was eleven. I'mtwenty two next week :D. The few Americans I actually knowdislike McDonalds as much as I do, and prefer to eat home-made food.

BTW - I only live down the road from you, in Redcar! :bunnydance:
Cool....... Well i live in Acklam (just on the outskirts ofMiddlesbrough), i have been down to Redcar many a time:D Ihate Mcdonalds!!!!! ah... why are they always sooo full! I have homemade food too... tastes better. Anyway nice to meet you... a fellownorth lass :D

naturestee wrote:
Nope, but I do know several including my sister. Ilike a lot of vegetarian dishes though, and I always make sure I haveenough edible food around for her when she visits.

And I don't usually like fast food unless I'm craving fatty junkfood. Usually I try to eat at home or go somewhere like a subshop instead.
Sometimes i like a chinese, indian etc takeaway but always thevegetarian options. Been vegetarian is a personal choice.... we are notout to convert the world.... although secretly we would like everyoneto be vegetarian :rofl: You may have noticed i have a pictureof Morrissey (singer.... used to be in a band called The Smiths), itmay sound funny but he converted me to vegetarianism due to his famoussong meat is murder and his constant support toward vegetarianism butthat was my choice.

Luv

Cat x

I think there is a thread on here somewhere already about vegetarians and vegans, but dont know where its got to.

I have been a vegetarian now for about 8 months and im loving it. The only thing I miss is steak.

But if resisted it!

Im on my second year of studying to be a chef, and half way through last year it made me turn a veggie lol.

I know a lot of americans who are vegetarians.

I think, as a rabbit owner, its very difficult to also be a meat eater.I think that people with cats and dogs dont have to think about it asmuch. Its hard because you have an animal that you love so much and seeso much personality in, while people are raising them for food. Itmakes it more difficult to eat meat.

That being said, I do. Ive tried being a vegetarian so many times, butI always end up gaining so much weight bc all I eat are carbs!

I do try to eat as little as possible, though. I always order thevegetarian option when possible, and I cook with veggie crumbles frommorningstar whenever I make chili or spaghetti.

I guess I just dont have the discipline..

For those of you non-vegetarians with inside rabbits, do they seem distressed when you cook meat? Mine do.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I read somewhere that it's upsetting tothem. They know what you're doing and fear they may be nexton the menu.

I would so love to be a vegetarian...but I don'tlike vegetables so that kinda makes it difficult!:rollseyes At theminute I'm trying to cut out all red meat and poultry (I'll still eatfish) Like Haley said, loving rabbits so much makes it difficult. Everytime there is meat on my plate I think, "OMG this is just like eatingBerri, or Ebony or Pebble!":shock:

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

Yep, I'm vegetarian too (or for the mostpart...I do still have fish every once in a while). Been eatingvegetarian for a couple of years now, I think. I sort of eased my wayinto it, cutting out ham and beef first, then chicken and turkey afterthat. I used to miss steak, esp. in the summertime when everyone aroundwere having bbq's, but now I'm just so used to it that I don't miss anymeat any more. And I used to hate almost all veggies! LOL Never wouldtouch a salad either. But now I make a lot of veggie wraps, orexperiment by adding things to salads (the most recent thing I'vediscovered that I love is broiled eggplant with warm goat cheese on it,placed on top of a salad (yum!). There are tons of great recipes aroundthat cater to vegetarian menus, many you can find on the 'net.

Can't say I miss McDonald's or any other fast-food places any more, asI stopped frequenting them probably 15-20 years ago. (Glad I didtoo...just watching the movie 'Supersize Me' shows how unhealthy thatstuff really is.) There's only one fast-food place that I did havedifficulty giving up around 10 years ago, and that was Kentucky FriedChicken. Loved the taste of the coating on the chicken, even tho it'slethal to the arteries.

Snuggys Mom wrote:
For those of you non-vegetarians with inside rabbits, dothey seem distressed when you cook meat? Mine do.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I read somewhere that it's upsetting tothem. They know what you're doing and fear they may be nexton the menu.

I haven't had a problem. Mocha keeps trying to steal my meat-filled spaghetti sauce!

I guess I don't have an issue having rabbits and eating meat.But I grew up in a rural farming area, so I just got used toit. The thought of eating rabbit turns my stomachthough. I saw it on the menu at a restaurant a few weeks agoand almost cried.

Snuggys Mom wrote:
For those of you non-vegetarians with inside rabbits, dothey seem distressed when you cook meat? Minedo.
Basil once ate a piece of turkey lunchmeat that hit the floor while Iwas making a sandwhich. I was shocked and mortified at the same time ;)

Haley wrote:
Basil once ate a piece of turkey lunchmeat that hit thefloor while I was making a sandwhich.
That's funny.

My dog leaves his dry food strewn around the house and the bunnies are all repulsed by it. They won't go near it.

I'm not a vegetarian at all, I'm a total steaklover. One of my best friends is a vegetarian though, she'salso allergic to bunnies. Of course, living in LA, there area ton of vegetarians. I do love mcdonald's frenchfries.

I have not been vegetarian for long. I dont eatmeat or fish as fish is alsoa living breathing object. Ienjoy been vegetarian. I eat meat substitutes Quorn is delicious! Thereare so many things one can eat with only vegetables been the recipe.Its hard not to turn to potatoes all the time as they are yummy but nottoo good for losing weight, lol.

Cat x

About the whole McDonalds thing, if you everwatch the documentary Supersize Me (great movie), you will almostundoubtably never eat *something* from macdonald's again. I've neverwatched that movie with someone who hasnt said 'wow, im never eating amacdonald's frenchfry again' or 'omg i can never eat their salads everagain'. it never lasts, but it makes you more conscious of their food.I do highly recommend it, but not for people with weak stomachs in thebeginning.

I've been a vegetarian since my freshman year of high school, age 14.I'm now a HS senior, and I've never regretted it (of course... i haveforgotten once or twice in the beginning). I've always hatedmacdonald's though. Only thing I eat from there is mcflurry's andmilkshakes (ice cream...unhealthy no matter where you eat them). Mysister's been a vegetarian since she was 8, and my friend's i thinkjust going on a year or two. I find it very interesting when I meetpeople and tell them that I'm vegetarian and they try to trick me,saying things like 'did you know ---- has animal fat in it?' or 'do youknow how many animals were killed to make that ----?' I just respond bysaying 'well, you do what you can.'

I got those comments alot. When i was at schoolpeople would say oooh those crisps have pig shavings in you know.....and such comments. Of course they were false but people seem to thinkthey have a right to make fun at you because you are vegetarian and itsnot fair.

Cat x

Latest posts

Back