Introduction - 2 Lops, one of whom is currently not well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricaWD

Reaction score
Thanks for allowing me to join the forum. I adopted a spayed female Holland lop a few weeks ago and she has been healthy and happy, eating like a champ, and within a few days was comfortable with us around. She doesn't like to be held or petted much but will give nose boops, do binkies, eat from our hands, and crawl all over us. She is grey with helicopter ears.

Then on Monday I adopted a neutered 3 year old male Holland lop with long hair, and he hasn't been eating properly. I took him to the vet yesterday and he is currently on Reglan and Critical Care, but has started eating some pellets and veggies. He is producing lots of little poops (sorry if TMI) but he still won't touch his hay, and may go back to the vet tomorrow if that doesn't change to be checked again. I have tried two brands of timothy hay, orchard hay, and even a bit of alfalfa, none of which he will eat. We have made sure to offer him the foods he was eating in his previous home, in various locations, and refresh it a couple times a day. We also started brushing him twice a day to try to keep up with his moulting. He is brown and white with typical lop ears.

The female is named Cinder and the male is Hayden.

If your male came from a shelter/rescue so recently, I would inform the rescue of his health issues. They normally won't adopt out a sick rabbit and may be willing to cover the costs or take him back to care for him.

Hi, thanks for your suggestion and reply. Hayden is from a private owner who said she didn't have time to give him the attention he deserves.

Well Hayden has cecal dysbiosis so we have him on another medication. He is pretty lively and ate a bit of hay today so hopefully he is starting to feel better. We are still feeding him critical care until he's eating and pooping normally though.

Latest posts

Back