Introducing Zoey (Subject to change)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Ok, I learned the hard way to never take moneyto a rabbit show yesterday. As many of you know, I sent Eli back to thebreeder on Thursday and I'm happy to announce that I was informedyesterday at the show that Eli went to a pet home as a companion fortheir other rabbit.
biggrin.gif
I'm verypleased to know this because now I don't feel so bad for taking himback and I now know it was the right thing to do.

But I was looking at the bunnies and saw this beautiful Black JapaneseHarlequin Holland Lop Doe. The breeder was there showing off the otherrabbit in the carrier to people so I went up to pet the littleharlequin. She was scared and the breeder started talking to me andtelling me that she had been sold but the people came to the showearlier and had told her that they no longer wanted her and left.
blink.gif
She then wenton to tell me that no one seemed to want her because no one isinterested in Tri's or Harli's in their HL programs here and becauseshe's rather timid, no one really wanted her as a pet. At that I askedhow much she was (bad I know!) and she told me. On the spur of themoment, I bought her after making sure she was in good health (and sheis).

harlihl.jpg

harlihl2.jpg

She's very timid and isn't sure about me so catching her wasinteresting today but I'm going to spend a long while bonding with her.She's 4 months and if I couldn't have Eli, she's the next best thing.

I know, I'm bad, I should not have gotten her but I did. What can I say? I have no self control!

I'm thinking I like Zoey as her name, what do you all think?

Here's 2 more. She's the one closest to the top of the picture in the carrier.

fdge80.jpg

(Thanks to Pet_Bunny for these pictures! He took them, not me!)

Zoey is GORGEOUS! I just love that coloring onrabbits. Have fun bonding with her. :) Every time I visit the boards,Elf benefits, because I just grab her and snuggle her up. Give her askritch between the ears after you've bonded with her, for me :)

I think it's just because I'm a stranger to her.She was good for the breeder and quite curious about her but now I tookher away from everythign she knew and she's just not sure about me.

But I don't mind at all, it's no different than Spice. He was probably4 months and no one had handled him at all when I got him. Now he's alove bug. I'll just spend a lot of time outside with her and justsitting near her cage.

She's really calm in my arms but on the ground she runs away.

Her mom, SLR's Kandi:

a1963f6e.jpg

Her dad, SLR's Kokanee:

KokaneePose.jpg

Her brother, SLR's Takota:

TakotaJRPose.jpg

Her sister, SLR's Sakari:

SakariPose.jpg

SakariFrontPose.jpg

(Pictures are property of Shannon Moore, Star Lit Rabbitry.)

I'm so glad Eli finally found a home. What a relief for you.

I like the name Zoey.I remember you wanted a Black Japanese Harlequin Holland Lopwhen you were thinking of getting another bunny. I'm gladeverything worked out for you.

This wasmy firstRabbitShow. The only thingthat keeps me from getting another bunny is mywife. Funny thing.... I took my wife to the show with me, and shefell in love with an Orange Holland Lop.The only thing that kept us from bringhim home was that he was not for sale. The breeder said hehas great blood lines, and wanted to keep him for futurebreeding. I believe he finished around the middleof his category. Maybe in six months,they might sell him to us. :pray:

Here is a picture of him... He's the bunny in the back.

fdw19g.jpg

Rainbows! :D

I didn't know Eliwas going back... I might have planned anintervention!

Zoey is adorable. I hope she stays ashe!

Raspberry

I don't remember seeing either of those rabbits. :?

But I never saw any rabbits on shavings, only on wire. I missed a wholesection of rabbits, I knew that already. I must be blind, or maybe Ijust couldn't get myself past the this little harlequin girl who wasright at the door, lol.

My mom was amazed at the French Lops. And I explained to her they were only Jr's, LOL.

I'm thinking I like Zoey, it's short and sweet, simple, yet feminine.

Raspberry,

I think I probably forgot to tell people on this forum, I couldn'tremember. But I did, it was heart breaking to do and I had to fightback my emotions until I walked out of her house without him and then Ilost it.

I really miss him but Zoey helps, I have something to take my mind off him.

Oh, and Zoey is DEFINITELY a girl! She's a few days shy of 4 months oldand the breeder showed me that she was a girl and she definitely is.

Mocha and Spice don't know what to think. She's in quarenteen (I movedSpice into the double hutch and put her into the hutch Spice was in)but they can see eachother and when I brought her home, all they coulddo was stare. They sat for hours at the front of their hutches withboth ears up and watched her. I think Spice was mad because after awhile he hid and wouldn't come out, lmao.

Congratulations on your new addition! I hopeeverything goes as planned with the bonding. Are you going to bond herwith Spice or Mocha? (Sorry if I missed this somewhere!) Zoey isadorable, what a cutie!

Mocha probably. Spice is way too jealous ofothers getting his mommies attention. I mean, I would like to bond BOTHmales to her and then if I wanted to let her out with either Mocha orSpice, I could, but that may not happen.

I figure Mocha is pretty laid back and indifferent so he should be the ideal rabbit to bond her to.

But now that it's winter, I wont be bonding any bunny until Spring when it's warm enough to bring them inside to bond them.

She's coming around to me now and a little braver already.

On another note, her sister, SLR's Sakari did awesome at the show. Here's what the breeder wrote on her website:

"[size=SLR's Sakari out of SLR's Kokanee and SLR'sKandi. This four month old black/orange tri, just arrived home from herfirst show and what a show it was! The first time she was up she tookher class, then went on for BOV and then BOB out of 76 hollands!! Onshow A she took BOSV and in youth she took BOS! Her first time to ashow and she came home with three JR legs!!! Watch for this tri as shegets older!"][/size]

I'm not taking the "y" out because my friend'sdog's name is Zoe. So for distinction perposes, she's Zoey. I actuallytried to find a different name but I think Zoey fits her perfect.

I'll upload pictures of her in the snow in a few minutes, she really loved it!

So I let her out to run during my spare and she enjoyed it.

Zoey.jpg

Zoey1.jpg

zoey2.jpg

zoey3.jpg

zoey4.jpg

zoey5.jpg

zoey6.jpg

zoey7.jpg

zoey8.jpg

zoey9.jpg

zoey10.jpg

zoey11.jpg

zoey12.jpg

zoey13.jpg

You'll notice that one one side she has a lot of black and on the other she has very little, lol. She also has a black eye. ;)

Zoey is beautiful. Look at those ears when she runs.

Now you must not leave the school to play with your bunnies. :nonono:

But how can you resist. :D

Rainbows! :)

Zoey is beautiful. i'm glad you got her. ididn't know you gave up Eli, and as sad as it made you,(and me:()it seems to have all worked out for the best. i hopeeveryone eventually gets along well.

lol

Nicole

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
These are my fav pics, so happy playing in the snow, and look at the footprints left from her little feet!!!!

Oh she is a beauty that's for sure!

Latest posts

Back