Introducing myself and my bunny.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicki P

Reaction score
Good morning. I found this forum while researching bunny care after recently acquiring a bunny. Please know that she is not an Easter bunny and while I don't know alot about bunny care yet, I did give a lot of thought before taking her into my home.
Flower is a 6 yr old Mini Lop (or this is what we were told about her breed). She was my cousins bunny and due to some unfortunate circumstances she needed to rehome her. I am aware that her cage is way to small and I am working on ideas for a c&c style cage. (I used to have Guinea pigs) I am also working on her getting used to us. She already knows me, but not my husband or teenage son. I'm also working on improving and varying her diet.
I am open to any and all suggestions, and I look forward to continuing to read through all the wonderful threads here.
Thank you for allowing me to join.
~Vicki20190419_102953.jpg 20190419_102943.jpg

Thank you. I have read that using anything slippery on the floor could be dangerous. So was looking a maybe some interlocking rubber mats or something similar to help her with traction and to make sure she doesn't hurt herself moving from level to level.

^ Yes. It all depends on what bunny will or won't chew. Some will chew rubber mats. I used carpet on upper levels and lino on the base when I had cube cages. But that won't work with every rabbit. ;)

Welcome! I actually do use coroplast in my condos... fleece can be clipped to it to get rid of the slippery feel if the rabbit isn't going to pee it up like crazy. "Easter Bunnies" are only a bad concept when they're un-researched, probably being impulse-purchased from a backyard breeder or questionable pet store and being given to a kid that's usually not ready for the responsibility. Not knowing that rabbits need to be spayed/neutered and then being shocked at the cost of said surgery is probably the main reason so many "Easter" bunnies end up in shelters when they get crazy and hormonal.

I actually really support the idea of a different kind of "Easter bunny" - the one you adopt either from the shelter or to keep them out of the shelter. We've had two rabbits now who were the right age when we got them to have been Easter gifts who got dropped off at the shelter. Then there was Norman, whose owners kept him in a small cage with very little attention and then abandoned him at the shelter literally 4 days before Christmas, probably to make room for some new animal their kid(s) wanted instead. Awful! Pets shouldn't be presents, at least not the "surprise!" kind.

You put thought into the adoption, saved a bunn who needed a home, are doing research and making quality of life improvements... she's very lucky to be adopted by your family!

Try these sites if you haven't found them already:
Rabbits Indoors
House Rabbit Society
Binky Bunny

If you have any questions or need any help, just ask here on RO - the only bad/stupid/etc. question is the one you're too afraid to ask! We've all been newbies to the rabbit world at one time or another, after all.

Latest posts

Back