Introducing my buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shainabunlover

Reaction score
Hello my fellow bunny lovers!
I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself and my bunnies of course! My husband and I got our 2 bunnies back in May 2021 at 6 weeks. They will be turning 1 years old in a few months. They are lionhead lops weighing at about 4 pounds. We were told they were females but at 4 months found out they are males. Being new bunny owners we had no idea we had to separate them. Unfortunately they got into a brutal fight and Creampuff who is the grey one bit off a chunk of Carmelo's ear off, he is the brown one. They were neutered back on December 3rd so it has been a little over 2 months. I am so nervous about trying to rebond them! I wish I could find a bunny whisperer to come to my house and help. Or maybe they just are better off separated. Any feedback, tips or tricks would be helpful and appreciated.
Thanks,
Shaina

Hello and welcome to the forum! They may be able to bond, but there are no guarantees. Sometimes a big fight as described is something they remember and they may refuse to bond. The only way to know is to try bonding them. I'd read up alot on the process before starting though so you know what to watch out for and when to intervene.

One option is to do some pre-bonding. Have them in nearby (not touching) enclosures so they can get accustomed to each other's presence before beginning the bonding process.

Latest posts

Back