Introducing dog and bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnoliaDee

Reaction score
My one golden (Sawyer, our male) is pretty good with my cat already. He's not a chaser (like Geddy, our female is). And kitty is slowly learning not to be afraid of him.

I had Lego on the dryer yesterday to get her harness on for the great outdoors, and Sawyer came up and very carefully got up on his back legs to have a looksee. Lego didn't really seem to mind too much as Sawyer sniffed her head and kinda licked her a bit.

What I'm wondering is if this is a good way to introduce the two of them? I'd love to get to a point where he just kinda ignores both the cat and bunny and I can have all three out together.

Any advice that you can offer on how best to get them comfortable with each other would be appreciated.

How I got my dogs and bunnies to be friends was I first let them sniff each other through the buns cage and play pen thing I would set up in the living room. After 2 wks of that I would hold the bunnies and let the dogs sniff them while telling them to be nice. The next step I took was to have the dogs on their leashes in the house, I had my husband hold the leashes and I sat on the floor and let the bunnies out. After I felt comfortable with this I sectioned off the living room and would let the bunnies and the dogs be in that room loose with me there. Now we are to the point were I can let a bunny out, give it the whole house to roam and the dogs just lay there. I have 3 dogs so I did this seperately with each dog.
Boat016.jpg

Awwww, that pic is soo precious!!! Thanks so much for your experience!!! I'll keep trying with Sawyer and Lego for sure!!

Back