Introducing dog and bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnoliaDee

Reaction score
My one golden (Sawyer, our male) is pretty good with my cat already. He's not a chaser (like Geddy, our female is). And kitty is slowly learning not to be afraid of him.

I had Lego on the dryer yesterday to get her harness on for the great outdoors, and Sawyer came up and very carefully got up on his back legs to have a looksee. Lego didn't really seem to mind too much as Sawyer sniffed her head and kinda licked her a bit.

What I'm wondering is if this is a good way to introduce the two of them? I'd love to get to a point where he just kinda ignores both the cat and bunny and I can have all three out together.

Any advice that you can offer on how best to get them comfortable with each other would be appreciated.

How I got my dogs and bunnies to be friends was I first let them sniff each other through the buns cage and play pen thing I would set up in the living room. After 2 wks of that I would hold the bunnies and let the dogs sniff them while telling them to be nice. The next step I took was to have the dogs on their leashes in the house, I had my husband hold the leashes and I sat on the floor and let the bunnies out. After I felt comfortable with this I sectioned off the living room and would let the bunnies and the dogs be in that room loose with me there. Now we are to the point were I can let a bunny out, give it the whole house to roam and the dogs just lay there. I have 3 dogs so I did this seperately with each dog.
Boat016.jpg

Awwww, that pic is soo precious!!! Thanks so much for your experience!!! I'll keep trying with Sawyer and Lego for sure!!

Latest posts

Back