Insulin(As in rabbits getting(i.e.getting it in their bodies)insulin)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
Ok, so i was reading and Jamie was munching something. i look down and low and behold, he's munching my infusion set cord. he's broken it in three places and i have no idea if he got any insulin or not and if so how much. in case any body on here has any knowledge of type one diabetes, the insulin in question in novolog. all of the cord is there so he hasn't gotten any plastic in his system. I have given him some fruit to keep his blood sugar up in case he has gotten some. thanks for the help guys! i'm just worried that human insulin(and this insulin acts very quickly, within 30 minutes. the up side is that if he got any it'll be out of his body in three hours.)might hurt him or be toxic. thanks again, i don't know what i'd do without you guys!

Anna
p.s. sorry about the double post guys!

Eek! It's been an hour, how is he doing? If he's acting off or if you suspect he got a fair bit of it in him, call a vet ASAP! Any amount might be way too much for a little bunny.

if he got any it would have been very little. he acting normally and seems to be doing fine.i don't think we're going to have any problems.i'll update y'all in the morning! thanks for your concern!

he seems fine this morning, so i think we're going to come out of this with just the annoyance of having to change my set cord. thank goodness he wasn't hurt! thanks for all the help guys!

Latest posts

Back